I just bought a Vita :)

Shurax_Urden

Are the games included in the 90€? if so, than it was a really great deal. If not, 90€ for a Vita with a memory card is still pretty nice. 
My own Vita broke two months ago so I bought a new one three weeks ago and I had to pay 130€ for just the console, no games or cards included. 

Your list of games sounds definitley nice though. Danganronpa on Vita is lots of fun. Played it myself on Vita before I bought the Reload for PS4. Never played the other games you listed but some of them belong to my "I want to play" list :D
I don't know what genres you usually play but I liked Tales of Hearts R a lot. Maybe, if you like JRPGs, the Atelier Plus games are nice. And Visual Novels. The Vita is perfect for VNs. Maybe Steins:Gate is something of your interest. It definitely has a really great story that's totally worth a read.

2 minutes ago, skateak said:

That is a pretty great deal. First things first, you are definitely going to want to upgrade that 4gb stick. At least to an 8.

Totally agree to that. 4GB is nice but if you buy your games digital, you definitely want to have at least 8GB. 4GB allows you one good game and that's all. maybe some really little indie games besides that but you'll probably never will have more than one or two games installed at the same time.

• Like 2

Disgaea 4, I think it was, was a lot of fun. It eventually becomes a grind orgy, as always, but if you're into that sort of thing then it'll do just fine.

Persona 4 is the best game on Vita, or at least in the top 3. It's the best of JRPG gameplay, without the childish bullshit and cringe dialog that usually accompanies them. Definitely not your usual Japanese anime-tropes which is refreshing. Most JRPGs can all be substituted with one another and you essentially end up with the same game, only with a different awkwardly named 17 year old "hero" who wields a melee weapon of some sort, saving the world and rescuing the obligatory mentally inept female who cannot breathe without the assistance of a man. Persona 4 also overcomes this cliche very well.

Virtue/Zero Escape/etc games are also very good, and original as well.

Then you can download the JRPG games that actually are worth a fuck, aka every single one on PS1. Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, and 9. Even FFX is still really great, though it came at a time when Square started to substitute quality story telling for goofy, angsty acrobatics and forced convolution.

Edited by Paige-ID
  • Like 4

Hyperdimension Rebirth1-3 are remakes from the main series. Other HDN games on the Vita are spin-offs.

These are games I enjoyed a lot on the Vita:

• Hyperdimension Rebirth
  • Demon Gaze
  • Gravity Rush
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
  • Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • Severed
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (only play this if you like the anime)
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song
  • Like 2

You just made one of the best decisions of your life. Enjoy your new Vita! I just celebrated my one year anniversary of owning one and I couldn't be happier! Did you get the original or the Slim?

Regardless, these are my recommendations of some must own titles that I've played

- Persona 4: Golden (Best one!)

- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Play this after you've played Golden!)

- Zero Escape Trilogy (Nonary Games,

Virtues Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)

- Visual Novels! (If they appeal to you!)

- Code:Realize, Norn9, Steins;Gate, CollarXMalice 

- Hyperdimension Neptunia U

• Like 1

Awesome man!! The vita is just too amazing, I am in the market for a new one as mine not holding a charge anymore :'( but happy for you, my two favorite games on the system is guacamelee  and tearaway both are platformers but really fun games. You should give them a shot if u like platformers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shurax_Urden said:

I just wanted to share my good news and receive some good recommendations if someone wants to share!

Firstly I just want to say your life will never be the same away from home:lol: Take that Vita with you where ever you go to pop those trophies away from home;)

I would recommend you play SEVERED as it took me by total suprise. Something different and it's a type of game meant for the Vita. Also Assassins Creed Chronicles is a great game and challenging. Well I'm not even going to go into the JRPG's because that endless

But WELCOME TO VITA ISLAND:yay:

Wow!!

Thank you so much for all the responses :D

With a community like this is also good to share good news :D

9 hours ago, skateak said:

That is a pretty great deal. First things first, you are definitely going to want to upgrade that 4gb stick. At least to an 8.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, I plan on buying a 16GB card on Amazon (they are like 40€), I would like to buy a bigger one but they are SOOOOO expensive :(

9 hours ago, lagoonaris said:

Are the games included in the 90€? if so, than it was a really great deal. If not, 90€ for a Vita with a memory card is still pretty nice. 
My own Vita broke two months ago so I bought a new one three weeks ago and I had to pay 130€ for just the console, no games or cards included. 

Your list of games sounds definitley nice though. Danganronpa on Vita is lots of fun. Played it myself on Vita before I bought the Reload for PS4. Never played the other games you listed but some of them belong to my "I want to play" list :D
I don't know what genres you usually play but I liked Tales of Hearts R a lot. Maybe, if you like JRPGs, the Atelier Plus games are nice. And Visual Novels. The Vita is perfect for VNs. Maybe Steins:Gate is something of your interest. It definitely has a really great story that's totally worth a read.

Totally agree to that. 4GB is nice but if you buy your games digital, you definitely want to have at least 8GB. 4GB allows you one good game and that's all. maybe some really little indie games besides that but you'll probably never will have more than one or two games installed at the same time.

Yeah, everything I listed before was 90€, so I am really happy. I looooooved playing Danganronpa (actually I think we have already discussed this in one of your posts :D )  I definitely want to play some of the games you mention, on the top of my head I can think on Steins:gate nad Tales of Hearts R. I don't know what to expect from Atelier games...

9 hours ago, Froopy said:

My Name Is Mayo works on the PS Vita as a seperate trophy list from the PS4 version, or so I've heard :P

So which was your favorite Disgaea? :D  2 was mine.

Right now I have only played Disgaea 5 and I like it a lot :) 

9 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

Disgaea 4, I think it was, was a lot of fun. It eventually becomes a grind orgy, as always, but if you're into that sort of thing then it'll do just fine.

Persona 4 is the best game on Vita, or at least in the top 3. It's the best of JRPG gameplay, without the childish bullshit and cringe dialog that usually accompanies them. Definitely not your usual Japanese anime-tropes which is refreshing. Most JRPGs can all be substituted with one another and you essentially end up with the same game, only with a different awkwardly named 17 year old "hero" who wields a melee weapon of some sort, saving the world and rescuing the obligatory mentally inept female who cannot breathe without the assistance of a man. Persona 4 also overcomes this cliche very well.

Virtue/Zero Escape/etc games are also very good, and original as well.

Then you can download the JRPG games that actually are worth a fuck, aka every single one on PS1. Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, and 9. Even FFX is still really great, though it came at a time when Square started to substitute quality story telling for goofy, angsty acrobatics and forced convolution.

Yeah, Persona 4 is in my must buy list :D and as I said before Disgaea is also there. I reeeeeeally loved your description of most JRPGs hahaha you made me smile :D 

Also you gave me good news I totally forgot I can play PS1 games here... I'm going to be buying a lot of things hahaha

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hyperdimension Rebirth1-3 are remakes from the main series. Other HDN games on the Vita are spin-offs.

These are games I enjoyed a lot on the Vita:

• Hyperdimension Rebirth
  • Demon Gaze
  • Gravity Rush
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
  • Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • Severed
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (only play this if you like the anime)
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song

8 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

- Odin Sphere

- Steins;Gate

- Steins;Gate 0

- Atelier Sophie

- Atelier Firis

- Of course Neptunia Rebirth 1-3 (Main games)

- Persona 4 (Yeah go and buy it 1f604.png)

Wow! Lot's of game here from you two! And lots of familiar games I want to play sometime soon, I don't earn enough money hahaha I liked SAO Anime but I tried Hollow Fragment and it did not really turn me on... I might give it another try. I must play Neptunia, I've been hearing a lot about those games here in the forums and i'm intrigued. What's really Demon Gaze about?

Thanks you two!!

7 hours ago, RideTheTornado said:

Nice, Vita is a criminally underrated system. I hate that Sony didn't do more early on to support it.

Thank you :)

6 hours ago, Terra said:

You just made one of the best decisions of your life. Enjoy your new Vita! I just celebrated my one year anniversary of owning one and I couldn't be happier! Did you get the original or the Slim?

Regardless, these are my recommendations of some must own titles that I've played

- Persona 4: Golden (Best one!)

- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Play this after you've played Golden!)

- Zero Escape Trilogy (Nonary Games,

Virtues Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)

- Visual Novels! (If they appeal to you!)

- Code:Realize, Norn9, Steins;Gate, CollarXMalice 

- Hyperdimension Neptunia U

I got myself the original one! I have heared really good things about Zero Escape Trilogy :)

Thanks a lot :D

3 hours ago, chellesan said:

Grats with your vita, looks like you did a great deal, have fun with it 

2 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

Awesome man!! The vita is just too amazing, I am in the market for a new one as mine not holding a charge anymore :'( but happy for you, my two favorite games on the system is guacamelee  and tearaway both are platformers but really fun games. You should give them a shot if u like platformers

I have tearaway for my PS4 but haven't still played it... maybe I should play it in the Vita... mmm...

Thanks!!!

37 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Welcome on the Vita island! :awesome: 

28 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Firstly I just want to say your life will never be the same away from home:lol: Take that Vita with you where ever you go to pop those trophies away from home;)

I would recommend you play SEVERED as it took me by total suprise. Something different and it's a type of game meant for the Vita. Also Assassins Creed Chronicles is a great game and challenging. Well I'm not even going to go into the JRPG's because that endless

But WELCOME TO VITA ISLAND:yay:

I have Severed in my PSN account I think the gave it for free some time ago so I will play it soon :)

Also Assassins Creed Chronicles I have it for my PS4... I don't know if they are compatible... but I will see.

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Wow! Lot's of game here from you two! And lots of familiar games I want to play sometime soon, I don't earn enough money hahaha I liked SAO Anime but I tried Hollow Fragment and it did not really turn me on... I might give it another try. I must play Neptunia, I've been hearing a lot about those games here in the forums and i'm intrigued. What's really Demon Gaze about?

It took a bit for me to enjoy SAO HF. After becoming familiar with the controls and game mechanics, I liked it a lot more.

Demon Gaze is a dungeon-crawling JRPG where the country in the story has been taken over by demons. The main character has the ability to tame demon bosses and use them as summons, so he sets out to capture them all and uncover what caused all this. This game can be difficult at first, because it's heavily dependent on artefacts, which can be acquired with artefacts gems, but which one you get is random and also depends on which area you use the gems. My advice would be to save and reload until you get a good one.

Congrats on getting a Vita! I play mine every day.

Some great recommendations here but I would suggest that you don't forget about PSP games. If you get into Persona 4, you can get Persona 3 PSP for the Vita also. 1 and 2 are also available but they are a different playing style. There are a lot of other great PSP games but I don't know what you might have already played. I will at least recommend P3, Ratchet & Clank Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

Also, don't forget to check out PS4 Remote Play. It doesn't work great for every game, but it is so convenient. I use it to turn on my PS4 and start a game when I get home from work, so that it's ready to go once I finish dinner and put my toddler to bed. That saves valuable seconds of gaming time, and for me every second is essential!

Edited by MosesRockefeller

4 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

Unfortunately it's not a cross buy but you at least get a separate trophy list and a shiny plat for the VITA

Oh :( Well, I will have to buy it again hahaha

3 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Games i loved on the vita

• Binding of Isaac
  • MSRC
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Severed
  • Sound Shapes
  • Wipeout 2048

I really want to try Binding of Isaac. Rogue Legacy and Wipeout, I have heard good things from all three!

50 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It took a bit for me to enjoy SAO HF. After becoming familiar with the controls and game mechanics, I liked it a lot more.

Demon Gaze is a dungeon-crawling JRPG where the country in the story has been taken over by demons. The main character has the ability to tame demon bosses and use them as summons, so he sets out to capture them all and uncover what caused all this. This game can be difficult at first, because it's heavily dependent on artefacts, which can be acquired with artefacts gems, but which one you get is random and also depends on which area you use the gems. My advice would be to save and reload until you get a good one.

Wow, you describe so well Demon Gaze that I really want to try it hahahaha

23 minutes ago, kkchan0323 said:

Some games I recommend & no one mentioned above:

• Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (F/F2/X) - all of these have western release so no worry language barrier)
  • Plants vs Zombies (unlike PS3, vita  PvZ has a :platinum:)
  • Gundam Breaker 1/2/3 (only 3 has english subtitles)
  • Kancolle Kai

Never heard of Gundam Breaker and Kancolle Kai before. What are they about?

I'm thinking about Hatsune Miku although I don't know if I will like rythm games.... A might give them a try :)

17 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Congrats on getting a Vita! I play mine every day.

Some great recommendations here but I would suggest that you don't forget about PSP games. If you get into Persona 4, you can get Persona 3 PSP for the Vita also. 1 and 2 are also available but they are a different playing style. There are a lot of other great PSP games but I don't know what you might have already played. I will at least recommend P3, Ratchet & Clank Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

Also, don't forget to check out PS4 Remote Play. It doesn't work great for every game, but it is so convenient. I use it to turn on my PS4 and start a game when I get home from work, so that it's ready to go once I finish dinner and put my toddler to bed. That saves valuable seconds of gaming time, and for me every second is essential!

Seconds of gaming time, loved that expression hahahaha

16 minutes ago, dermarx said:

Congrats :yay:

I bought a 64GB Memory Card for round about 100€. It's almost full ^^'

If you like Valkyrie Drive, you should also try Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus & Estival Versus.

I played Estival Versus in my PS4 and liked it so I will play it Shinobi Versus :D 

100€ in a Memory Card :o 

• Like 1

Just now, Shurax_Urden said:

100€ in a Memory Card :o 

Yeah, it is quite expensive. I bought it via play-asia, so it was with shipping. It is still around 85€ (+ shipping) at the moment, so it is still around 100€. Don't know if you can find it cheaper now. But when I bought it 4 years ago, it was the cheapest offer I found. 

Just don't buy a 64 GB memory card , it's 100€ up and it said to be proper to get corrupted with time and corrupt your saves . If i were you i'll just get at least a 16 GB or a 32GB and you're good to go . Myself have a 32GB for all my games and saves storage and also have a 8GB and 4GB one .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Hi everyone!

After playing Danganronpa in my PS4 I have been thinking a lot about buying a PS Vita this afternoon.

I got a really good second hand deal: 90€ with a 4GB memory card and the following games:

- Valkyrie Drive

- Uncharted

- LEGO Lord of the Rings

- Rayman Legends

I plan buying tomorrow Persona 4 as I loved Persona 5. And in a near future some Hyperdimension Neptune Games (dont know which) and Disgaea too.

I just wanted to share my good news and receive some good recommendations if someone wants to share!

Of you have a ps4, you now have essentially a mini ps4 as long as you have a pretty good wifi connection(ps4 really needs to be hardwired though imo). 

Remote play is a huge feature. 

I took video of me using remote play(at a completely different house!) and (may it rest in peace for vita)psnow. I'll post the videos when I get a chance. 

It really is a feature people overlook a lot, but it works crazy good imo! 

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

Just don't buy a 64 GB memory card , it's 100€ up and it said to be proper to get corrupted with time and corrupt your saves . If i were you i'll just get at least a 16 GB or a 32GB and you're good to go . Myself have a 32GB for all my games and saves storage and also have a 8GB and 4GB one .

I'll second this. For the longest time I insisted that my 64GB card was fine, and it worked flawlessly for about 2 years. After that, it started to go bad, and got corrupted.

You can make do with smaller cards as long as you manage your installed games, and don't play too many games at the same time. I'm bad about that, but I'm slowly adapting to having a 32 now.