I just bought a Vita :)

Shurax_Urden

1 hour ago, dermarx said:

Yeah, it is quite expensive. I bought it via play-asia, so it was with shipping. It is still around 85€ (+ shipping) at the moment, so it is still around 100€. Don't know if you can find it cheaper now. But when I bought it 4 years ago, it was the cheapest offer I found. 

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

Just don't buy a 64 GB memory card , it's 100€ up and it said to be proper to get corrupted with time and corrupt your saves . If i were you i'll just get at least a 16 GB or a 32GB and you're good to go . Myself have a 32GB for all my games and saves storage and also have a 8GB and 4GB one .

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'll second this. For the longest time I insisted that my 64GB card was fine, and it worked flawlessly for about 2 years. After that, it started to go bad, and got corrupted.

You can make do with smaller cards as long as you manage your installed games, and don't play too many games at the same time. I'm bad about that, but I'm slowly adapting to having a 32 now.

Yeah, I think I will buy the 32GB one... the other one might be just too much hahaha

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Of you have a ps4, you now have essentially a mini ps4 as long as you have a pretty good wifi connection(ps4 really needs to be hardwired though imo). 

Remote play is a huge feature. 

I took video of me using remote play(at a completely different house!) and (may it rest in peace for vita)psnow. I'll post the videos when I get a chance. 

It really is a feature people overlook a lot, but it works crazy good imo! 

I'll be happy to take a look thanks!

1 hour ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Never heard of Gundam Breaker and Kancolle Kai before. What are they about?

I'm thinking about Hatsune Miku although I don't know if I will like rythm games.... A might give them a try

Gundam Breaker is sort of robot theme Monster Hunter ,defeat enemies to pick up parts of them, then customize your unit like Armored Core.

Kancolle Kai is the port of Japan-only browser game Kantai Collection (There are way for people like us to bypass the restriction BTW), where you build, assemble, command a fleet of girls based on WW2 warships. Kancolle Kai has more strategic simulation elements than the browser game.

While original browser game still popular around the world (I didn't played the browser game myself so not totally sure), Kancolle Kai sadly has been discontinued.

37 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'll second this. For the longest time I insisted that my 64GB card was fine, and it worked flawlessly for about 2 years. After that, it started to go bad, and got corrupted.

That's what you get for playing weeb games in the wrong language :awesome::awesome:

I told you, though. 64GBs are way too fail-prone...

It's called the Vita island because Sony let us stranding :awesome: 

Jokes aside, there's a lot to play on the Vita. I also got a Vita recently, but I'll list the games I bought for it (and hopefully they seem appealing to you). They're primarily JRPGs and visual novels though, so hopefully these are genres that appeal to you.

• Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
  • Zero Time Dilemma
  • Persona 4 Golden (You're already getting this though :D)
  • Persona 4: Dancing All Night (You'll feel like buying this if you end up liking the P4 characters)
  • Danganronpa 1 & 2 (Even though you already have the PS4 versions, if you want two separate trophy lists, you should go with this. Wait until it's on a sale or something. I got them for $10 each on PSN)
  • Tokyo Xanadu 
  • God Eater 1 & 2 
  • Freedom Wars
  • LittleBigPlanet Vita (one of the very few games on the Vita that uses the Vita to its full potential.)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Killzone: Mercenary
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  • Undertale
  • Steins;Gate & Steins;Gate 0
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I & II
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Code:Realize
  • Amnesia: Memories
  • Severed
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

And there are some games that I'm planning on getting someday.

• Lost Dimension
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Ys Origin
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Demon Gaze
  • Disgaea 3 & 4
  • Gravity Rush
  • Tearaway
  • Collar x Malice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I told you, though. 64GBs are way too fail-prone...

The only thing I really lost was my Trails in the Sky savegame, so it's good that I didn't get very far in it. All my Vita saves were current in PS+. 

Now I have learned to back up PSP/PS1 saves on a weekly basis, which I'm doing now that I'm actively playing P3P. 

But yes, you and others did warn me, and I didn't want to believe it. You'd think the manufacturer would do better quality control on the most expensive Vita memory cards... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Yeah, I think I will buy the 32GB one... the other one might be just too much hahaha

32 Gb is a good bet, I have 32 gb (almost full) but you can have for example 6 Neptunia games and couple of games more without a problem. If you have PS4 and want try SAO games I highly recommend play Hollow Realization on PS4, Lost Song and HF are most suitable on vita in my opinion of course. And yeah, if you like VN vita is your best portable friend ? Miku games are very fun too. 

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The only thing I really lost was my Trails in the Sky savegame,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why Kiseki :(

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

You'd think the manufacturer would do better quality control on the most expensive Vita memory cards... 

Maybe they did, that's why 64GBs were never released worldwide =D

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why Kiseki :(

Maybe they did, that's why 64GBs were never released worldwide =D

I have no excuse, it was laziness and arrogance on my part, assuming the save would be fine. I really wish the Vita had a way to upload PS1/PSP saves to PS+ cloud storage. Oh well, it's a lesson learned, believe me. 

Good point, we'll go with your explanation. :)