Burly Men At Sea Trophy Guide *SPOILERS*

YemmytheFerret

I can't seem to do the jelly fish fight as playing on vita does not seem to work anyone else having this issue? Is it when the tenticle grabs someone or is it when it misses also? might be that i have been having some trouble with my touch screen (often like there is an input when there are not) not sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Stop using photobucket.

This is literally my first post with a photo so saying ,"stop using Photobucket" as if I use it a lot is annoying.  

2 hours ago, theindieboy said:

I can't seem to do the jelly fish fight as playing on vita does not seem to work anyone else having this issue? Is it when the tenticle grabs someone or is it when it misses also? might be that i have been having some trouble with my touch screen (often like there is an input when there are not) not sure.

When the jellyfish misses you 'hold' the tentacle down

• Like 3

Good guide, thanks!  

For the vortex part, hold L2 to make it shrink for the men to float, R2 to make it widen to sink them.

For the jellyfish battle, to "frustrate it" you click X on the tentacle after it captures one of the men. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:

PT4 - This story path glitched out for me twice and crashed the game.  The first time was after the beast spit out the "flower", the game suddenly wouldn't except any inputs and I had to restart.  Luckily the "Poor Beastie" trophy had already just popped.  The second time I tried the game got stuck in an infinite loop glitch while the beast was chomping on the "flower" while I held R2.  Again, all inputs were locked out and game was unplayable.  HOWEVER, I did get the platinum without ever finishing this storyline, which I believe means you don't have to have each book appear on the shelf (I assumed you did).  I got the Plat with only 11/12 books.  Cutting out the rather lengthy end sequence would save a huge chunk of time, probably 30-45 minutes.  Judging by good old LucasDiasC's fastest 100% time thus far, he obviously figured this out.

8 hours ago, Narniak said:

Good guide, thanks!  

For the vortex part, hold L2 to make it shrink for the men to float, R2 to make it widen to sink them.

For the jellyfish battle, to "frustrate it" you click X on the tentacle after it captures one of the men. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:

PT4 - This story path glitched out for me twice and crashed the game.  The first time was after the beast spit out the "flower", the game suddenly wouldn't except any inputs and I had to restart.  Luckily the "Poor Beastie" trophy had already just popped.  The second time I tried the game got stuck in an infinite loop glitch while the beast was chomping on the "flower" while I held R2.  Again, all inputs were locked out and game was unplayable.  HOWEVER, I did get the platinum without ever finishing this storyline, which I believe means you don't have to have each book appear on the shelf (I assumed you did).  I got the Plat with only 11/12 books.  Cutting out the rather lengthy end sequence would save a huge chunk of time, probably 30-45 minutes.  Judging by good old LucasDiasC's fastest 100% time thus far, he obviously figured this out.

I'll update the post with the better information, thanks.

Yeah you technically don't have to finish the game each time, there is an option to go back to the dock in the main menus I believe

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...