So American server finally down?

Leaderboards

Some weird error message showed up when I started Demon's Souls regarding the online. Also I hear some rumors on the internets that Demon's Souls server is not maintained anymore?

If push comes to shove I'll farm that damn Pure Bladestone myself, but my question is: Can I get Friend and Foe ring on the same play through?

Thanks

No idea if servers are down or not but as far getting the rings, the only thing you need to go into NG+ for is a few spells so yes you can get both in same playthrough. You should go from pure white and get the friend ring first then do Mephistopheles quest to get for ring.

• Like 1

Yup, you guys were right.

Got Friend Ring first, then Foe Ring was pretty easy to get. Kill 1 vendor in each world (at least four of them) and the Crestfallen Warrior (Blue Guy) and you can go from Pure White to Pure Black Character Tendency in a play through.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

1 minute ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Yup, you guys were right.

Got Friend Ring first, then Foe Ring was pretty easy to get. Kill 1 vendor in each world (at least four of them) and the Crestfallen Warrior (Blue Guy) and you can go from Pure White to Pure Black Character Tendency in a play through.

Congrats on your progress! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Congrats on your progress! 

Thanks. Congrats on being your awesome self!

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Servers were working fine for me and a buddy 2 days ago. If you have a character that can meet up with a SL 57, I can just hand you the sharp weapon for best by bladestone.

It just dropped after 80 black skeleton kills, but I appreciate your offer. I will never forget you :')

2 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Thanks. Congrats on being your awesome self!

It just dropped after 80 black skeleton kills, but I appreciate your offer. I will never forget you :')

Oh nice. 80 kills to get it isn't that bad, believe it or not. I've got it on 3 different characters. The rng gods smiled upon my 1st two characters. I must have forgot to sacrifice a virgin on my 3rd because it took forever. 

Congrats on getting it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's only one trophy you can't get in one playthrough if you play offline, and that is the trophy for all sorceries. That is because the boss soul required to learn one of the spells is only obtainable from getting the good ending. That means it must be done in NG+, and requires you to get through most of 1-3. 1-3 is not locked off in NG+. If you play online, everything is obtainable in one playthrough due to a boss soul drop glitch.

However, you will need to abuse some dupe glitches to dupe boss souls, so you have enough to learn all the spells, miracles and unique weapons etc.

I wrote a short "missable trophies" guide, that contains all the info you need to beat the game in 1.2 playthroughs offline. I've tried to keep the info to a minimum, but gotta mention all the ways you can screw yourself. There's also some extra info for farming the rarest stones etc.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

Pure Bladestone is a bitch, but if you make it as easy as you can for yourself, it's just to watch something else while doing the same easy task over and over until you get it. It's a very short run where you really just have to kill one enemy, but is a lot easier if you take some few seconds to shoot a couple of arrows at another enemy. If you're prepared for the Black Skeleton, it shouldn't give you much trouble on each run. Black phantom black skeleton is however very lethal, so if you don't watch out, it can kill you very easily.

(and yes, I know you're already done, but just to help people in the future)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MMDE said:

There's only one trophy you can't get in one playthrough if you play offline, and that is the trophy for all sorceries. That is because the boss soul required to learn one of the spells is only obtainable from getting the good ending. That means it must be done in NG+, and requires you to get through most of 1-3. 1-3 is not locked off in NG+. If you play online, everything is obtainable in one playthrough due to a boss soul drop glitch.

However, you will need to abuse some dupe glitches to dupe boss souls, so you have enough to learn all the spells, miracles and unique weapons etc.

I wrote a short "missable trophies" guide, that contains all the info you need to beat the game in 1.2 playthroughs offline. I've tried to keep the info to a minimum, but gotta mention all the ways you can screw yourself. There's also some extra info for farming the rarest stones etc.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

Pure Bladestone is a bitch, but if you make it as easy as you can for yourself, it's just to watch something else while doing the same easy task over and over until you get it. It's a very short run where you really just have to kill one enemy, but is a lot easier if you take some few seconds to shoot a couple of arrows at another enemy. If you're prepared for the Black Skeleton, it shouldn't give you much trouble on each run. Black phantom black skeleton is however very lethal, so if you don't watch out, it can kill you very easily.

(and yes, I know you're already done, but just to help people in the future)

Thanks for the advice, you are a True Slayer of Demons :)

• 2 weeks later...