11th November 2017 - Servers shut down (but still up)

VirtualNight

This is a voice that I heard from some people, after further investigation I found this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1743904-Online-services-for-a-few-older-Ubisoft-titles-November-11th

So, is better that you hurry if you wanna do this game.

EDIT: for unknown reasons the servers are still up, guess Ubisoft forgot that? ?

Edited by VirtualNight

• 1 month later...

Oh no, too bad I only saw this message just a few minutes ago... ?

Aren't the multiplayer matches peer-to-peer-based? 

There probably is some match-finding server involved in the background anyway, but maybe some hope is left that this shutdown only affects the UPlay integration and not the multiplayer itself?

Edited by waldiphil

On 11/11/2017 at 7:22 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

It's a saturday. It won't shut on a saturday, I said this to a few people already. The same happened with Gamespy in 2014: the date stated (May 31st) was a saturday yet the first closures happened on June 2nd (a monday). If this is going to close...it will be on Monday the 13th November.

Is monday, and the game still on!!! 

SOMEONE WANNA BOOST ???My ID David_RE4br

• Like 1

Guys i can confirm that servers still working on 15.11.2017. If you are late and missing something try to do it as fast as possible. You can get most of the trophies just in pair for some of them you need 2 other people but they are easy and quick to do. All ranks can be done in 12 hours. Rest of the trophies in an hour or two. If you wanna start do it with David_RE4br.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Blazhead said:

not again, i have already the platinium but i want play again triple Aliance :( 

i ask the question because 1 month after server must close i can already play

Currently i can search for a room and see my online level, so for now i guess they still work. However, if Ubi took in consideration the idea of shutting down servers, 1 day they will probably do, since almost no one plays this game. Only lucky thing is that this isn't an EA game so the developers shouldn't close the servers all of a sudden, i think they will stay up for around 1 year, max 2. Of course this is just a theory and i could be completely wrong, maybe you should ask to Ubi directly, about theyr intentions.

18 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Currently i can search for a room and see my online level, so for now i guess they still work. However, if Ubi took in consideration the idea of shutting down servers, 1 day they will probably do, since almost no one plays this game. Only lucky thing is that this isn't an EA game so the developers shouldn't close the servers all of a sudden, i think they will stay up for around 1 year, max 2. Of course this is just a theory and i could be completely wrong, maybe you should ask to Ubi directly, about theyr intentions.

You don't really have to worry about RUSE. Ubisoft uses P2P servers almost exclusively (Avatar being one example where they didn't). As long as PSN is up, you should be able to play.

Did Ubisoft shut down their servers for RUSE. Yes, yes they did. You can't access Uplay on this title anymore. Doesn't effect P2P matchmaking. 

• Like 2