Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaz

Is this game as hard as people say it is?

16 posts in this topic

I played a couple Call of Duty games back on the Xbox (2003 - 2007) and while I'm not really a fan of the series, I definitely enjoyed them.

 

I recently purchased Call of Duty Classic on the PSN Store. I have never played this game before since it was only available for Microsoft Windows back when it released and I didn't have a computer that could run it. But from what I hear everybody complains about Veteran difficulty. A lot of people over at .org list this as 8 out of 10 in difficulty, and the trophy guide here also lists it an 8.

 

But from looking at Youtube videos the game is quite short, since most of the missions don't take very long.

 

So am I in for a hair pulling experience, or is the game just a tad hard on Veteran?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty damn cheap, seems like they have aim bot sometimes. No med packs either. It is definitely the hardest COD on Veteran.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skateak said:

It is pretty damn cheap, seems like they have aim bot sometimes. No med packs either. It is definitely the hardest COD on Veteran.  

 

That worries me a bit. Even some Call of Duty Veterans had a lot of trouble with Veteran on this game.

 

But it sounds like you can save at any time, and the checkpoints prevent you from having to start the whole mission over.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

definitely the hardest Veteran in the series; took me a solid 2 days, then I did the other 2 playthroughs in just 1 day lol. And no you can't save whenever you want, the guide is dead wrong about that..

 

pro tip:  make sure you are damaged by the time you reach the 1st checkpoint. do NOT finish a mission with full health on your veteran run. even if you die several times, you'll get the Bulletproof trophy and probably get flagged 🙄

Edited by Thropy_Hore
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

That worries me a bit. Even some Call of Duty Veterans had a lot of trouble with Veteran on this game.

 

But it sounds like you can save at any time, and the checkpoints prevent you from having to start the whole mission over.

Yeah that is true but you should keep multiple saves because it can screw you and you might get a checkpoint when you have a tiny bit of life left.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

definitely the hardest Veteran in the series; took me a solid 2 days, then I did the other 2 playthroughs in just 1 day lol. And no you can't save whenever you want, the guide is dead wrong about that..

 

pro tip:  make sure you are damaged by the time you reach the 1st checkpoint. do NOT finish a mission with full health on your veteran run. even if you die several times, you'll get the Bulletproof trophy and probably get flagged 1f644.png

 

Two days isn't too bad. It sounds pretty damn cheap though.

 

You'll get flagged for that? Wow that sucks.

 

3 minutes ago, skateak said:

Yeah that is true but you should keep multiple saves because it can screw you and you might get a checkpoint when you have a tiny bit of life left.

 

I'm usually pretty good about backing up my saves. I use both the Cloud and a USB Drive to be extra safe.

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

definitely the hardest Veteran in the series; took me a solid 2 days, then I did the other 2 playthroughs in just 1 day lol. And no you can't save whenever you want, the guide is dead wrong about that..

 

pro tip:  make sure you are damaged by the time you reach the 1st checkpoint. do NOT finish a mission with full health on your veteran run. even if you die several times, you'll get the Bulletproof trophy and probably get flagged 1f644.png

I'll change that. The PC version let you save whenever but I forgot PS3 didn't let you do that 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Terra said:

I'll change that. The PC version let you save whenever but I forgot PS3 didn't let you do that 

 

Well that's good to know.

 

That just makes the PS3 version more difficult to beat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaz said:

 

Well that's good to know.

 

That just makes the PS3 version more difficult to beat.

I made it as far as the Chateau level on veteran but I couldn't get past the basement segment. That was four and a half years ago. If you choose to do this, the best of luck to you. I hope my guide makes it easier for you to beat. 

Edited by Terra
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 8/10 for this one  is pretty fair.

 

For Veteran you have no health upgrades, the checkpoints are spaced out too far on many mission and you simply won't get a checkpoint if you health is less than 50%. Most times this means you can take one shot , anymore and you won't get a checkpoint for the rest of the mission. As expected the enemies are plentiful and they shoot their ak47's like they are sniper rifles.

 

 Most guides seem to suggest doing veteran first which I personally think is strange as you will need the practice on the normal and hard difficulty for this one. I would recommend doing normal-hardend-veteran instead of other way around. 

 

The missions I found the hardest on veteran were 'Pegasus Day', 'Dam', 'Truck Ride' , 'Ship' and 'Pavlov'.

 

I think the platinum for this would have been way rarer if it had a different trophy list or was on the PS4 (although hacks seem to have gotten into PS4 now too...) as I think that many downloaded a save for the veteran part, but given how the trophy list is it's virtually impossible to spot if they did the two other difficulties legt, but that's speculative...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

I think 8/10 for this one  is pretty fair.

 

For Veteran you have no health upgrades, the checkpoints are spaced out too far on many mission and you simply won't get a checkpoint if you health is less than 50%. Most times this means you can take one shot , anymore and you won't get a checkpoint for the rest of the mission. As expected the enemies are plentiful and they shoot their ak47's like they are sniper rifles.

 

 Most guides seem to suggest doing veteran first which I personally think is strange as you will need the practice on the normal and hard difficulty for this one. I would recommend doing normal-hardend-veteran instead of other way around. 

 

The missions I found the hardest on veteran were 'Pegasus Day', 'Dam', 'Truck Ride' , 'Ship' and 'Pavlov'.

 

I think the platinum for this would have been way rarer if it had a different trophy list or was on the PS4 (although hacks seem to have gotten into PS4 now too...) as I think that many downloaded a save for the veteran part, but given how the trophy list is it's virtually impossible to spot if they did the two other difficulties legt, but that's speculative...

Dam and Pavlov were brutal to pass on the PC version. I can't imagine they'd be any easier here :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a tough run, took me at least 50 deaths each level, no joke.  Parts in the game with choke points will seriously make you wanna quit but you just gotta keep going and try new tactics till something works.  

My tip is for Pavlov's House, Easily the hardest level in the game for me personally.  Level 2 of the house has a room where there are two entrances with a blown out hole in the middle.  Crouch next to the wall next to the right door and hold out till the tanks come in.  Enemies will sometimes morph through the wall but as long as you stay close to it they will enter through the right door and you can just gun them down.  When the tanks come, its hit or miss if they will be able to hit you, simply wait until the timer is at 0 and your allies come in to save the day.  

Def. the hardest COD veteran run, for sure 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't find it THAT hard. Of course it's not easy but not more than a 6.5/10 for it's difficulty imo. The only really difficult part is Pavlov's house because you have to watch in front of you, behind you and the floors above you. You should also stay on your guard with your "allies" too because sometimes they are so stupid that they are going to stay in the middle of a door and if you want to hide then you are screwed and you'll have to do the 4 (or 5) floor of that house again. 

You should also be careful in that particular level because some ennemies can walk through the walls, the worst level in CoD history in my opinion.

The biggest weakness in this game are the checkpoints because sometimes you won't find a checkpoint for 10 - 15 minutes and sometimes you'll find two checkpoints in less than 2 minutes so play as safe as possible for your first try until you know the level perfectly :)

Edited by itachi-destroyer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good responses. I definitely appreciate them.

 

I know a couple trophy hunters on Youtube who couldn't get past Veteran difficulty on this game.

 

The American missions look fairly easy, but the game really looks tough around the Russian missions. So many places to die, and I assume on Veteran you die within 2 - 3 hits, there are a number of open areas where you can easily get shot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished Veteran yesterday while the COD WW2 servers where broken. It's difficult but loads of fun, I don't think it's harder than WAW though to be honest. I found the last map to actually be the easiest where as the Reichstag on WAW is like hell on earth. Imo it's a fantastic game but don't just play it for the plat, enjoy the game and the year it was made. The credits at the ending are even worth watching as they are in a format I haven't seen before.

 

With Pavlov's house, before you enter stick the wall of the building next door and take out the 2 you can see from there (You'll die several times anyway). After that go around the back and start in the basement making your way up, you'll learn where the enemies are eventually and and many can be shot from below.

 

For Pegasus Bridge, When you get to the part where the random tanks come in Instead of using the Anti Tank cannon just hide on the top of the stairs until troops arrive. I was prone for the entire tank section.

 

I forget the name but the level involves blowing up a dam, this is a bitch of a map and I have only 2 tips. There are allot of shortcuts inside the dam buy jumping over railings, also, whe you get to the elevator with the 4 or 5 nazis they will auto wack you so spam a few grenades and you'll get it right eventually.

 

Honestly I loved playing this on plat, Unlike the other CODS this one has plenty of grenades so learn them well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why people complains about this game... so crazy hard bla bla bla... it's overrated! 

Edited by A-Rebirth
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.