Difficulty spike

Hot dam!

Playing tactition on honor mode.

Got to the archer companions side quest fight.  Thought nothing of it. Didnt set down any traps. Fire barrels.  Pos. People in advantageous spots. Nope

Just chatted w boss. Expected diolouge.  Nope. Instant battle.  And lost both healer and archer in 1 turn.

Droped oil barrel.an oil slick spells. Lit it up . spamming potions an kyting thru flames.

Ended up losing 5+ hours. Luckly i made a back up save from ages ago but holy crap baskets. Wasn't expecting that

X.x

Tempted to change to exploration mode just for the trophy as ive done no progress to byridor or w.e her name is lol.  

There goes

Mines

Troll king

Tibirburm quests to re do

Maybe ill go kill queen spider an try to get on level.

Them blood summons were un real... Like holy fuck..... 

Healing 300-500 hp a turn when under 30% and hitting my tank (3.8k hp and 200 armor w 68 armor rating) for well over 160-200 damage. + cripple....

Just saying holy crap

• Like 1

Yeah Just found out I can't even change Difficulty in Honor mode. 
Oh well, - The 5 hours i lost., I already got back since I know what to expect, i even managed to kill the Lv 16 Ghost gaurding the Spell for the Troll king (Last time I just ran) 
still think ima farm some crap around the Desert, - 

Thou picked up all the explosive barrels in the Mines, Going to light up that boss that wrecked me xD - have healer stay back, and light it up

I found the difficulty to be somewhat evened out after finishing the game twice. At first I thought it was poorly balanced with the beginning being very difficult, and the later half being a joke. But then I realized that it was my mindset and the changes therein that made it easier. The more tactical I became, the easier the game got. Running in will pretty much guarantee a wipe. The spikes in difficulty are honestly just you not using the game mechanics in your favor that particular time, at which point it immediately becomes unforgiving.

It does get too easy near the end. Once I had the proper party composition the entire Honor playthrough became a steamrolling cakewalk. Grenades and higher level Hydro/Pyro spells just destroy anything on screen.

• Like 2

my Build is My Main guy w Lone wolf - Tank  Mainly Strength (11 w gear) , and Constitution 15 (gear and +1 from skill book)
along w Lvl 5 Man At arms, 5 armor spec. 3 sheild spec.  

2nd Character Geomancer, for poison and Def buffs (Poison dart wrecks face, 200 dmg a turn w high int.  along w her having hydro for healing, and some witch craft for summining the undead decapitator -

then I have Madora. ... she hits like a truck, But Can't take a hit, Ive got her at ~1k HP same armor value as my tank, 2hnd wpn - she drops like potatos, Im about to give her Morrning person on her next trait

Im lvl 15, Just getting to hunters edge, Looking for a place to train, I seem to have skrewd the pootch  on a few quest like slaves and masters, - The Mage fredtric appears dead in his cave after rescueing him as i went for the locked door before talking to him - and i can't interact w the imp (So i killed it lol.. ) 

took out almost everything in Luccia forest, Just Gobi Viliage and the left path in the Far end temple were ya go to kill the blood stone to save home stead.
tryed to wonder around the dark forest. but The spiders wrecked my day 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Kallume said:

There might be a guide to help you out in tough spots ^-^

By now yeah there abundant i was useing level sectipned maps for abit to hunt down things to poke. As well as lurking the ds.wiki good tips on quests and such.

Havent played since the above post.  I got sucked into pillars of eternity and tide of torment.  Both good games. ( finding poe better for midevil. The sifi in tot is abit much and to much felt unexplained. Not even out of 1st town and *smh* overwhelming.

Trying to clear my back log... Ill return to this some day... Just hope they give us divinity sin 2 on console

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

By now yeah there abundant i was useing level sectipned maps for abit to hunt down things to poke. As well as lurking the ds.wiki good tips on quests and such.

Havent played since the above post.  I got sucked into pillars of eternity and tide of torment.  Both good games. ( finding poe better for midevil. The sifi in tot is abit much and to much felt unexplained. Not even out of 1st town and *smh* overwhelming.

Trying to clear my back log... Ill return to this some day... Just hope they give us divinity sin 2 on console

Hmm... I feel a little sad. PSNP has a 50,000 word fully-detailed walkthrough for Honor/Tactician mode that yours truly created. I was trying to point you to that by not sounding too self serving...

• Like 1