Hob Trophy Thoughts?

aZombieDictator

I've been so hyped for this game, I loved Torchlight 1 and 2 and I'm so happy the developers are making a new game that's completely different. The trophy looks like a basic 100% list, just find and upgrade everything with a few tough trophies. Looks like 2-4 playthroughs required with the speed run, less than 5 deaths, no upgrades, and multiple ending. Hopefully the game is good enough to warrant the multiple playthrough, it definitely will be a challenge to play through without getting any of the upgrades.

Speed runs are great if done right and if it has sequence breaking. For example Strider, Metroid, Axiom Verge, Shadow Complex. I'm hoping it's a speed run like those games where you can sequence break and skip segments and stuff. Those are actually enjoyable since you get to do stuff so much differently.

But if it's a speed run and there's nothing extra or anyway to skip stuff, that's a bad speedrun. Like ICO or Last Guardian. Those can go to hell.

Also uploading the save won't really be necessary since you're gonna need two playthroughs minimum. Maxed out playthrough, then minimal playthrough.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

A speed run trophy is a good way to kill my interest in a game I'm on the fence about. Pretty much the unholy trinity with a speed run, limited number of deaths run and finish with no upgrades. A no upgrades run is worse than limited deaths to me since playing that way is about as fun as banging my head into a brick wall.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

I've been extremely hyped for this game since announcement and I pre-ordered as soon as I could. Runic makes damn good games.

And yeah I'd rather have a list like this than a list thats just "beat the game and collect everything"

Also wait for the game to come out before you start hating on the trophies, as I said this could be a game with sequence breaking and multiple paths making those trophies something worthwhile and making the speedrun actually fun.

I didn't buy it for the trophies either of course. Just been super excited cause it looks like such a good action platformer and I've been wanting a new one of those for a long time.

And I'm not really worried about the speed run Trophy. If I get it and can get the Platinum great, if I can't at least I enjoyed a great game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MorsMundis said:

It's easy to die?

Yes, very easy. Falling off a cliff or missing a jump (which is *absurdly* easy to do when running) is an instant death. Even early-game, pretty much any enemy kills you in two hits.

You can of course backup your save file, but I don't recommend going for <= 5 deaths at the same time as the no-upgrade run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yes, very easy. Falling off a cliff or missing a jump (which is *absurdly* easy to do when running) is an instant death. Even early-game, pretty much any enemy kills you in two hits.

You can of course backup your save file, but I don't recommend going for <= 5 deaths at the same time as the no-upgrade run.

This trophy will be pain.

Thanks btw.

You think collectables is missable? Hope not. Yeah first run blind like always but i hope after i finish the game is possibile go for all collectables i miss. Game is AWESOME only not good thing is stuttering and frame rate is not good everytime. After with new 1.08 patch 

Edited by Neme-ita

I don't think anything is missable. With the fast travel and exploration you should be able to go back and get everything.

There is the dungeon where you get the conduit trophy and I'm missing one thing in there and I don't know how to get back into it... That platform I used to get up to the dungeon is gone. But there probably is another way to get in.