Hob Trophy Thoughts?

aZombieDictator

Thoughts after ~5 hours:

• It is easy to die. Definitely upload your save to USB or cloud when going for the <5 deaths run.
  • It looks like a lot of enemies can be bypassed. I think it may be reasonable to do low deaths and all upgrades on a first run, then no-upgrades speedrun, and get it in 2.
  • Enemies kill you very quickly, but so far they telegraph their moves, and the dodge/block windows feel big. It's been lethal, but not unfair.
  • The art and design of this game are beautiful. You know how once you know what Legos look like, it's impossible to look at something built from them and not see that it's made out of Legos? Hob has that kind of all-over distinctive look.
  • I love how little is explained to you. At times I was reminded of playing in the woods as a kid. It's not obtuse on purpose — there are button prompts and stuff — it just expects you to explore on your own. Feels sooo good after games that over-explain every little thing.
  • Like 4

There is a Vista right next to a switch that I noticed as I was pressing the switch.  It was in one of the dungeons that raises up and changes the landscape.  I killed the game and reloaded but the switch is done and the Vista is gone.  So collectibles are missable.  The trophy Power Restored popped as I was restarting the game.

Edited by irishcab
edit

43 minutes ago, irishcab said:

There is a Vista right next to a switch that I noticed as I was pressing the switch.  It was in one of the dungeons that raises up and changes the landscape.  I killed the game and reloaded but the switch is done and the Vista is gone.  So collectibles are missable.  The trophy Power Restored popped as I was restarting the game.

You have pic for the location? thx 

You can get that one before you head further into the dungeon, sorry it glitched out on you. I had a bug in that same area and had to restart. Near the part with the moving platforms I placed the blue power cell which moves the pillar down but then it frame glitched and lit the lower pillar instead of letting you teleport across to the new area it opens when it lowers when the game started running properly again. Worked fine the 2nd time I did it.

• Like 1