Any tracking for the 10000 kills?

Kapika96

7 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

I think I know which ones you missed. It's when you go to Treno with Steiner/Marcus/Garnet for the first time. If you go to the Knight's House before doing all the ATE's except the one where Garner sees Kuja in the Auction House, they get locked out. You had to avoid going through the card stadium and take a stupid route through Treno's slums to get to the gate of Treno for one of the ATE. Not to mention there's another ATE when Dr. Tot unlocks Gargan Roo, which you have to not progress, and leave Dr. Tot's house to see the ATE of Cinna getting belted by Baku BEFORE entering Gargan Roo.

I think you're spot on actually, I genuinely thought you could literally watch any if you just went to a new screen but turns out you have to follow a certain path on some especially on Trenos first visit. I'll know for my next playthrough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meacham said:

I genuinely thought you could literally watch any if you just went to a new screen but turns out you have to follow a certain path on some especially on Trenos first visit.

This guide covers Movie Critic really great.. organized list with a small note on how to trigger each one if needed. Bonus it's a full guide for the rest of the trophies. Has info for achievements regarding the steam version that do not apply to the PS version as well, such as obtaining all support abilities. In combination with the cavesofnarshe guide, really good stuff.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666352580

More on the topic.. don't feel this can come naturally, as I did grind Zidane to 99 very early on Grand Dragons, and got into random battles throughout the game, spending much time AP farming as I was trying to learn all abilities, basically did.. and have spent a few hours running in circles outside Dali, killing groups of up to 3 enemies.. honestly not feeling anywhere near the 10k needed.

Edited by usrmd

19 minutes ago, usrmd said:

This guide covers Movie Critic really great.. organized list with a small note on how to trigger each one if needed. Bonus it's a full guide for the rest of the trophies. Has info for achievements regarding the steam version that do not apply to the PS version as well, such as obtaining all support abilities. In combination with the cavesofnarshe guide, really good stuff.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666352580

That's great thank you, shame it doesn't tell me when this absolute shambles of a 10,000 trophy should pop. :(

3 hours ago, Meacham said:

That's great thank you, shame it doesn't tell me when this absolute shambles of a 10,000 trophy should pop. :(

Maybe sometime around the 10,000th kill xD giving up manual farm, will wait for turbo controller. Really should have counted the kills better.. gah.

Edited by usrmd

7 hours ago, usrmd said:

Maybe sometime around the 10,000th kill xD giving up manual farm, will wait for turbo controller. Really should have counted the kills better.. gah.

You'd think so wouldn't you! :P I dunno though, I feel like I've gone over the 10k at this point.. if it doesn't pop today something's up! Wish I had a turbo controller you know for trophies like this hate the old school grind sometimes :( 

Finally managed to get this trophy. Even after playing through the whole game, boosting at different segments for AP. Then boosting against Yans for 99 AND an additional 19 hours of pure kills it popped.

I played through naturally and honestly it won't pop during the main progression, it's a lot of hours afterwards.

14 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I believe everyone because enough people are saying it, I guess I am just a grinder. I am on my way to Cleyra and almost at 3000. To me it feels like it is natural, I just don't rush FF games I guess. Speedrun is gonna suck for me then, lol. Never done it before. Not sure how!  xP

To me that seems excessive for where you are. Surely, you're overleveled and have completed all skills that can be gotten from the early game equipment by now? It's great progress and the fact you're keeping track is great but I dunno, I guess I just couldn't spam kills that early.

Edited by Meacham

1 minute ago, Meacham said:

To me that seems excessive. Surely, you're overleveled and have completed all skills that can be gotten from the early game equipment by now? It's great progress and the fact you're keeping track is great but I dunno, I guess I just couldn't spam kills that early.

Just now breaking 20 and I do have most abilities, especially since the party is in 2 groups right now, passing equipment back and forth is a bit troubling but not difficult.

1 minute ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Just now breaking 20 and I do have most abilities, especially since the party is in 2 groups right now, passing equipment back and forth is a bit troubling but not difficult.

Level 20 or 20 hours? If that's level after 3000kills you must have some patience to stay in the same area getting next to nothing EXP.

Level 20, roughly 15 hours. Eh, I guess. Trying to get the abilities, have to teach Blue Magic, level up the ones around Treno, collect Chochographs. A lot goes on around this area. I like this area, this time in the game. Probably my favorite part.

EDIT: Also, running around for 100 card wins and tracking all statuses put my characters. Time consuming but that is the point of RPG,especially Final Fantasies, to lay here and let yourself just get immerse.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

41 minutes ago, marc_cp said:

A good place to grind is also at the Evil Forest, just after defeating the Plant Brain. If you just stand there Plant Spiders will attack you infinitely and usually in groups of 3 or 4. The problem is you can't leave the area and auto-save, though.

Yup, this is what I figured after I grinded mine. If you have a turbo controller this is probably the best place to do it. Shouldn't take half as long as it should because like you said most battles are 3 or 4.

• Like 1

Just now, Meacham said:

Yup, this is what I figured after I grinded mine. If you have a turbo controller this is probably the best place to do it. Shouldn't take half as long as it should because like you said most battles are 3 or 4.

Not a good idea to do it here, because you'll quickly die if you leave it unattended. That's why Steiner and Marcus is the best place because you'll have the Blood Sword.

You could also do it on the world map with rubber banding the analogue stick and having X turbo'd.

Just now, Darth_Krid said:

Not a good idea to do it here, because you'll quickly die if you leave it unattended. That's why Steiner and Marcus is the best place because you'll have the Blood Sword.

You could also do it on the world map with rubber banding the analogue stick and having X turbo'd.

Sure but if you really only had the kills left, you could just leave battle assist on. Probably not a good idea if it's your initial playthrough mind but still.

2 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Sure but if you really only had the kills left, you could just leave battle assist on. Probably not a good idea if it's your initial playthrough mind but still.

Ah yeah, I forgot about Battle Assist. But then it would take 3 times as long because of those painful Trance animations :P Zidane, VIvi, Steiner going into Trance during every battle would triple the battle length and thus the time spent on Turbo. Plus you can't save or even auto save, so that's 60+ hours of leaving your PS4 running...

Ah yeah, I forgot about Battle Assist. But then it would take 3 times as long because of those painful Trance animations :P Zidane, VIvi, Steiner going into Trance during every battle would triple the battle length and thus the time spent on Turbo. Plus you can't save or even auto save, so that's 60+ hours of leaving your PS4 running...

It's not that long, it adds a tiny bit of time especially with 3x boost. I'd say an extra 5-10 seconds. I wouldn't see it as 60+ you are fighting 3 or 4 enemies every time with an interference of 2 now and then. Also, if you were to properly plan it. You could leave it on over night and then just carry on with your game THEN boost the remainder at your point. :P Why do I think of these things when it's already too late? ?

Just now, Meacham said:

It's not that long, it adds a tiny bit of time especially with 3x boost. I'd say an extra 5-10 seconds. I wouldn't see it as 60+ you are fighting 3 or 4 enemies every time with an interference of 2 now and then. Also, if you were to properly plan it. You could leave it on over night and then just carry on with your game THEN boost the remainder at your point. :P Why do I think of these things when it's already too late? 1f602.png

I thought there was always 2 of the enemies? If there's 4 then it might work out quite similar.

But yeah, who cares anymore? We're platinum buddies! :D

I thought there was always 2 of the enemies? If there's 4 then it might work out quite similar.

But yeah, who cares anymore? We're platinum buddies! :D

Nope, it's mainly 3 or 4 enemies every time and the "rare" encounter so to speak is the two. Also, if you have the speed boost it's almost instant battle. The creatures run at you before anything even loads so you literally just stand there and it's battle, battle, battle!

Oh you've done it? Haven't checked who's on there today. If so then congrats! it's a great one to have.:D Now we just need 1-6 and 8!

3 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Nope, it's mainly 3 or 4 enemies every time and the "rare" encounter so to speak is the two. Also, if you have the speed boost it's almost instant battle. The creatures run at you before anything even loads so you literally just stand there and it's battle, battle, battle!

Oh you've done it? Haven't checked who's on there today. If so then congrats! it's a great one to have.:D Now we just need 1-6 and 8!

Haha yeah, I was hoping for Top 5 but skipping held me up. Took me 14 hours of practice over 2 days, sadly :( I switched to trying it in the belltower during Disc 3 and got it within an hour, so I'm a bit annoyed I didn't try it earlier. BUT I ended up being 8th fastest and that's my lucky number so I'll take it :P

7 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Haha yeah, I was hoping for Top 5 but skipping held me up. Took me 14 hours of practice over 2 days, sadly :( I switched to trying it in the belltower during Disc 3 and got it within an hour, so I'm a bit annoyed I didn't try it earlier. BUT I ended up being 8th fastest and that's my lucky number so I'll take it :P

I was hoping for the top 5 to but managed 6th. I'll take it considering I barely used the cheats only for the kills and the Excalibur so I'm happy knowing that I done it without cheesing it too much. Hmm, really an hour?:hmm: That's pretty impressive. Must be an easier place to do than the start of the game then. Ahh well, hopefully this plat will stay at UR for a while. :D

5 hours ago, Meacham said:

I was hoping for the top 5 to but managed 6th. I'll take it considering I barely used the cheats only for the kills and the Excalibur so I'm happy knowing that I done it without cheesing it too much. Hmm, really an hour?:hmm: That's pretty impressive. Must be an easier place to do than the start of the game then. Ahh well, hopefully this plat will stay at UR for a while. :D

Seeing as I am going to be grinding kills post game, where did you grind them for your 10k?