Any tracking for the 10000 kills?

Kapika96

For the people who care(haven't read everything)

I did it near Trino's woods cuz there's many times 3 enemies or 2.

Rarely 1 but that's fine

Read it's easier in Gizamalukes Grotto but not rly.
In a hour around 450 kills
10000 / 450 = 22h
take around 2k kills away from the story and u have 17h

EDIT:
The kills ONLY count in ONE save file
Not with others combined

Edited by Croccie

21 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Not a good idea to do it here, because you'll quickly die if you leave it unattended. That's why Steiner and Marcus is the best place because you'll have the Blood Sword.

You could also do it on the world map with rubber banding the analogue stick and having X turbo'd.

As long as you don't leave it unattended at first and gain some levels, your party will be strong enough to last a lot against the weak enemy attacks without battle assist. You'll just need to check your health from time to time. And in the case you need to leave the game unattended for a long period, battle assist is still a good solution - ok, you lose time with trance animations, but battles are non-stop and vs. 3-4 enemies, so that compensates it. You lose time roaming around trying to find random battles as well :)

I did a short test yesterday and got about 140 kills in 10 minutes (without battle assist). That's around 12 hours for the 10k kills.

Edited by marc_cp

On 25/09/2017 at 9:47 AM, Darth_Krid said:

Well I finally got the trophy after 22 hours of solid grinding with a turbo controller, leaving my PS4 running.

If anyone got that naturally I'd be amazed. There's a reason it's still the rarest trophy with only 5 earners despite many finishing the game and getting all the sidequests done.

It seems though on this topic some had it manually, either at the beginning of the game, which is the most useful to play after it without random encounter, like for Excalibur II, either at the end-game, which is way more longer than having all the 8 characters at the 99 level.

Edited by Leydorn

Recalled a great spot for post game kill farming - the edge of map to the left of Esto Gaza... noticed lots of mobs when going for the friendly monster here, and no zombie dragons! Throw on anti-sleep ability at least 1 person. In this area, you encounter 4 Feather Circles pretty often, with 3 and 2 enemies showing up very often, rarely seeing 1. Would have been nice to remember this spot before spending so much time around Dali & Treno.

I've been wandering the ice plains of the Lost Continent for many hours now, slowly grinding away the kills.

Personally I've found this the best place, with lots of 3/4 groups showing up. Occasionally broken up by 1 or 2 mist monsters.

I wish there was a cave like in 7 with an old sleepy man telling you how many you'd killed.

1 hour ago, Hemming87 said:

I've been wandering the ice plains of the Lost Continent for many hours now, slowly grinding away the kills.

Personally I've found this the best place, with lots of 3/4 groups showing up. Occasionally broken up by 1 or 2 mist monsters.

I wish there was a cave like in 7 with an old sleepy man telling you how many you'd killed.

Yeah, but it's nice to rubber band your controller on the peninsula. Which is to the left of Esto Gaza, as I said..

• Like 1

Dang, could not imagine without turbo.. Mine took something like 14 hours straight, definitely 12+.. this was after completing the game, leveling zidane 99 and farming AP for basically all abilities across all characters.

Edited by usrmd

18 minutes ago, usrmd said:

Dang, could not imagine without turbo.. Mine took something like 14 hours straight, definitely 12+.. this was after completing the game, leveling zidane 99 and farming AP for basically all abilities across all characters.

It took me 19 hours of manual play :( I don't have a turbo controller.... 

I just got the trophy this morning :) Not sure exactly how many hours it was but at least 15 of running around in the ice plains. Every single person knows every ability, has maxed XP and I have max gil. I also own everything so got nothing to spend it on... Looks like Zidane can retire to Vile Island and start herding Yan.

I got the trophy on disc 4 ... and it took me about 20 hours of running around in circles on the Lost Continent and mindlessly killing monsters. When I was done, every single one of my characters had maxed out EXP and I had more gil than I could spent in ten playthroughs. 

Imagine how long this would take without the high speed mode. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get this trophy naturally. I'd be surprised if any player had more than 2000 kills by the end of a normal playthrough. 

On 27.9.2017 at 11:05 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Just now breaking 20 and I do have most abilities, especially since the party is in 2 groups right now, passing equipment back and forth is a bit troubling but not difficult.

I think you're grossly overestimating how many enemies you've killed. Level 20 at 3000 kills is like mathematically impossible. Assuming that an average enemy at that point in the game gives you 50 to 100 EXP, you'd be around Level 40 to 45, perhaps even higher. Getting to that point before Cleyra without killing Grand Dragons would require an obscene amount of grinding. 

Edited by Fiyero89