Questions regarding buying psn content from other regions

Leaderboards

Ok lots of questions, thumbs up for everybody who gives good answers. I apologize if this info is somewhere else. Search feature on forums didn't yield results.

1. I am in the U.S. and have a U.S. PSN account. So if I make a EU and Japanese PSN account, I can use content I buy from those respective regions and play those games on my U.S. account?

2. Do EU and JPN accept American credit cards? If not, how do I pay for this shit?

3. Are there two different types of European PSN? There is UK and then everyone else?

4. Japanese account will have Japanese text, if I choose Hong Kong as language will it be English? Does Hong Kong PSN store same as Japanese or different?

5. If I want to buy games physically from Europe or Japan, what is a good store to buy from? Would they accept American credit card and deliver to U.S.?

6. If I am playing a digitial game from another region, can you update it if there is patch on any account or will the patch only be download/installed when logged on from the respective region account?

7. How do you know if an Asian game has English subtitles?

8. What is your favorite food? Mine is bananas >:)

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

I can only answer a few of your questions.

1. Yes  you can, but only games. DLC will only be usable for games of that region.

2. No but you can buy PSN cards for different regions off of Amazon.

3. No. The European PSN is the same across all of Europe as far as I know.

5. Play-Asia is great for Asian releases, and they accept American credit and debit cards, and ship worldwide. As for Europe I say use the European Amazon site.

6. Yes you can receive updates for foreign games.

7. General Asian releases almost always have subtitles in English.

8. Pizza

• Like 1

Can't answer all your questions but here are some infos for you :)

1. you can download any PS4 and PS3 game from a different account and play them using your Main Acc

2. I think you need a Creditcard from the country you wanna buy something so the alternative are psn cards bought i.e. from PCGAMESUPPLY.com

3. Although Europe is 1 Region there are seperat stores and content can be available in UK but i.e. not in Germany (sadly :() so stick to a UK acc and you'll get most content. But i know a few games like Dead Space 2 and Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood which have stackable trophy lists from Germany so keep that in mind...

4. Language in HK Store is english - good for most of us :-) i think they have some differences in games available and JP games have more likely stackable trophy lists

5. I buy from PLAY-ASIA.com, sends from HK. You can choose many games from Japan only and even different regions. I.e. i bought Final Fantasy X US Version because i like the artcover more than the EU Version (PS3) :D

6. Can't say nether tried to update any game from a foreign acc so far

7. Should be in the text description. I think most games not JP but from different Asian countries have english. I was looking for games with japanese written trophy lists, but that's even harder to say because no info on that normally :(

8. Too personal :P

• Like 1

2. You need to be logged in to see PSN cards on Amazon. You'll also only be able to buy them if you have a billing address added for the same region, although it doesn't matter if it's fake because it's a digital code. You'll be able to use a credit card from anywhere on Amazon.

3. Some European Stores may not have certain games due to censorship and rating problems. I think it's usually Germany and Australia affected by that sort of thing. The UK store generally gets everything as far as I know.

4. The Hong Kong store will be in English, but it doesn't have the same content as the Japanese store.

5. For buying from Japan, Play-Asia and AmiAmi are pretty good at getting the newer titles, although they can be fairly expensive. For older titles, I'd recommend Buyee.jp, which will buy your desired items from Japan's auctioning sites and forward them on to you. There's a small service fee, but because you're able to buy games used, it can often be cheaper than the alternatives.

6. It will check for patches and download them no matter which account you're on.

• Like 1

I have the problem the other way (UK resident), and can answer most of them.

1. Yes.

2. No, but buying PSN credit from another source (google is a godsend here) is a way to go. You can buy credit, and use a paypal if need be.

3. Yes. UK and Europe. It can even be subdivided into languages. Stick with UK though.

6. I think so? I've only ever bought PS1 games, so no idea.

8. Not saying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

I checked Amazon. Nothing.

Well a $20 Euro PSN card with no image of product for $131 lol...

Are you looking at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk . there is a difference.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Card-Wallet-Download-Code/dp/B00GUXZTOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506270788&sr=8-1&keywords=psn+credit

• Like 1

uk acc is the same as an eu one, go for a hk acc if u want English versions of most games and fror the store to be in English.

i get all my different region psn cards from here
https://www.offgamers.com/

never had any problems with them.

also if the game has dlc u will need to get the dlc from the same region as the game, just as an fyi.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I get this message from Amazon UK : We noticed that you're shopping from United States. This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

1. Yes you can, I've done that as I have a secondary EU account.

2. No foreign cards are accepted. Foreign PayPal accounts are also not accepted so the only way to make purchases in another region is to buy PSN cards. On the Japanese store, I use Play Asia as they are digital and instant. However, bear in mind that you will not be able to purchase CERO Z or 18+ games on the Japanese PSN without a Japanese credit card, so the only option is physicals for that.

3. In terms of UK vs EU accounts, there is a currency and language difference. Europe tends to have games and menus in that respective language (e.g. french in France etc) and they all work in Euros, while the UK is only in English and operates in pounds. So currency exchange rates would be something to think about as the pound is falling a bit with Brexit compared to the Euro despite being strong before. I personally recommend the UK store with the current economic situation and exchange rates and no worries about language or censorship issues. Ireland is the exact same as the UK store but in Euros and is all in English, so if you prefer Euro I'd go with Ireland. 

5. About buying physicals, I like Solaris Japan as you can buy used and are a bit cheaper. Amazon is another but a lot more pricy. I live in the UK and sometimes Japanese sellers sell Japanese versions on the UK amazon with free delivery (they do on the US store as well, if you type in the games name + import). NinNin Games is another. 

6. Yes you can update it. I've updated EU games with my Japanese account so that's definite. DLC is specific to that region though. 

7. My account is Japanese and everything is 100% in Japanese, although some games especially Western games localised have an English option available e.g. Uncharted series, Life is Strange, Crash Bandicoot etc. Also, FFXII TZA, Nier Automata and FFXV do as well, and usually it's written in the game description to the left of the page if there is. However, most games are just Japanese (e.g. Persona, Atelier series, all VN games etc). I'm not sure about Asian versions though, but when in doubt I just ask a question on Amazon and most of the time i get an answer. It wholly depends on the game. All I can say is that most Japanese store games don't have English bar a few of the major ones like Nier and FFXV. 

8. Favourite food... eggs 

• Like 1

2. I use cdkeys.com. Though I haven't used it in a while. You can use a credit card, but I tend to use PayPal. It's safer.

3. Yes.

5. Amazon.co.uk - I don't know any other sites that posts outside EU. Although just to make it clear, not all sellers ship their games outside UK.

7. It usually says on the description or on the gamebox. If you want some examples check out play-asia.com 

8. Fries

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

1. I am in the U.S. and have a U.S. PSN account. So if I make a EU and Japanese PSN account, I can use content I buy from those respective regions and play those games on my U.S. account?

So, I can buy games in EU store and play it in my main account without a problem, but just digital games?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

So, I can buy games in EU store and play it in my main account without a problem, but just digital games?

Yes, and not just digital, physical works fine too, minus the probably less than 10 region locked games. Vita can only be physical, digital is region locked due to 1 account limit

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

Please bear in mind, if you import physically from another region, you will have to buy that region's downloadable content. I'm not sure for everything, but in most cases, downloadable content is region locked to that version of a game, but it will work on any region account once purchased. 

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

1. As long as the console you're using is set as the primary console for the alternate accounts, yes you can.

2. Nope. You'll need pre paid cards. Plenty of places to get them, just google for whichever country you want and you should find some easy.

3. As far as I know the content on EU stores is the same. The prices may vary though due to pounds on the UK and euros on the others.

4. Japanese PSN Store has Japanese text only. Hong Kong one has a choice of languages (including English).

5. I used to use cdjapan for Japanese imports. Dunno about Europe though, Amazon maybe?

6. Patches should download automatically even if you don't sign in to the account that owns the game. The games themselves will continue to download as well if you're signed in to a different account.

7. You google for it and see if anybody has said it does yet :P

8. Pineapple pizza (the only correct choice) :)

• Like 1

4.  Most of the content on the HK store is Chinese (English) region so either it is its own HK stack of the game or simply an EU stack of the game. To get JP stacks you need to buy direct from JP store. Keep in mind depending on currency conversion both JP and HK stores are usually more expensive than western stores.

7. http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=7357

8. Feet (preferably fresh and lightly roasted)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello @Primeape!

2. Yes, you can add funds with American credit card, for Japanese PSN account try making a Japanese Paypal account, add your credit card and verified it. After that you verified your credit card, link your Paypal account via PS4, if you try linking it via PC Paypal gives an error with your credit card, if you add founds via PC gives the same error.

Spoiler

- Credit card verified on Paypal

czu614D.png

In the PS4 go to store, use the camera of your cellphone for use google translator to translate Japanese language, go to Payment Methods, next link your Paypal account and in a few secods you have linked your Paypal account with PSN.

Spoiler

jI6w4kg.jpg?1

u4aKWeS.jpg

9LBImvg.jpg

Go to Account Management, next Account Information, Wallet and add funds.

Spoiler

MdEooT4.jpg

9TlhjAq.jpg

9wORAPJ.jpg

NkoucdT.jpg

rPIzTm8.jpg

gJ7IWNh.jpg

I bought a PS Plus for a year.

Spoiler

ZR8yPtt.jpg

gKve54F.jpg

pDi7R1C.jpgQAxpb4K.jpg