Hail to the King tip

dargon_lover

If you want to accomplish this trophy when focusing on the sound I suggest you turn off the music from the in game menu so you only hear Vivi each and every time he hits the ground. Another good tip is connecting an audio headset directly to your controller because new TVs have some kind of lag that older TVs didn't have during the PS1 era.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

Other tips:

1. Connect your console to a PC monitor.
  2. Turn off background music.
  3. You got a better view of Vivi at the end of the game, not at the beginning of the game.

Faster at 20, 50, 100, then slower at 200 to 300 (which also has some different rhythm too), then faster at 300 and up.

Edited by MMDE

38 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

Did you have any problems with blinking? I find whenever I try to do it by sight I have a high chance of failing everytime I blink.

Nah, not really. After a while you kind of get in tune with the tempo of button presses so even if you glance up at the counter or blink your hand keeps doing the button presses at the right frequency. It's odd, from 300 - 1000 you don't want to get distracted but at the same time you don't want to overthink what you are doing. Just keep paying attention to the hand flipping upward. 

Edited by dargon_lover
grammar

I don't think this will help us mere mortals. That's not good enough of a visual cue. You just have an exceptional focus. 

Here you can see the difference in how the speech bubbles appear in the PS4 version and PS1 version. You can see that they have totally screwed up the visual aid of the speech bubbles. You suggest looking at Vivi's hand; might work but not nearly as easy as you make it out to be. 

Ewg55FW.png

Working on this, and was able to go from 20 max to reaching 100 instantly, then nearly 200 on my next attempt by using this technique: soon as you press the first X to start, use your own sound by saying something like "tic toc" in your head, and press X for every tic and toc. Know that you must simply tap X when Vivi has jumped, and is above the jump rope (and his hands are in the air like he's trying to fly).. it is slightly before the sound of his boots hitting the ground.

Another simple help was to change my perception a bit by turning on speed boost and trying to spam X to get jumps, and then turning it off.. suddenly things are moving pretty slow xD  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gamehelp said:

if there's any 'tip' I can give; it would be to hold X a little bit longer after you've pressed it.

I was also doing this at first, but realized after a lot of not being able to break 30 that it didn't matter if it was a quick tap or a press.. tap the X 1 time while Vivi is over the jump rope and he will land and jump over it again.. it seems off but, that is what got me to 182 fairly quickly after struggling. So to start you press X, then he jumps over the rope 1 time himself and when he is over the top from that point on you tap X, he'll land and jump again, you tap X again, he lands and jumps, etc.

6 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

there wont ever be a good method unfortunately, purely because it's based around your own ability to react to what's happening on screen, unless someone makes a 8 minute video that goes in depth when to press the X button with a visual to help others get the timing perfect, so they can just follow along the video at the same time with their game and watch something like a progression bar for example and press X when that bar goes over a 'green-zone' where you hit X to the video and you jump it in your game, if I sound like an idiot or don't understand what I mean here's a rough idea;

Hide contents

c4cb762faa.jpg

besides from that there's nothing else that can help you at this stage, which is frustrating I wish I had the reaction to get better but I just don't and not sure what I can do to improve.

I bet someone will make one soon. I hope they do at least. I'm not the best at timing. The ending to drakengard 3 I was only able to do because of the same concept in this video. Even then it took me five constant hours that I chose to forgo sleep to finish that damn final boss. I'm not sure if I want to try this plat yet I honestly don't know if my sanity could take it. Respect to all those trying or that have already succeed.

Edited by sephiroth70001

I'm attempting this trophy at the moment. Already have the 100-skip one as my record is 107. Here is what is helping for me:

- Look at the number, and look at Vivi out of the corner of your eye. If you are like me and find it difficult to keep up with the speed of the animation without your eyes getting tired, this helped a great deal.

- Listen to the beat of the jump, without looking too much at the actual jump.

- As others here have suggested, turning off the music and plugging in the controller helps a great deal.

- Keep track of your average score, not necessarily your high score. I find this good for motivation as you can see your progress better this way.

Keep in mind I have only started this game yesterday (as of time of writing), so I am still getting used to it.

1 hour ago, Gamehelp said:

this is the last trophy holding me back from the plat and it's doing my head in,

no one else have any tips? just can't get the rhythm down.

Best bet is to practice more  I know it sucks but once you get it down past 300 you will be getting this trophy in no time. Now I have learned the swap from 199 to 200, 299 to 300 it is easy. Just keep at it you will get this :-) 

1 hour ago, Gamehelp said:

this is the last trophy holding me back from the plat and it's doing my head in,

no one else have any tips? just can't get the rhythm down.

Haha, same here. Only trophy left :(

I can get to 200 almost every time, but I just can't get the hang of the transition. My best is 228 (twice), but usually it's 204, 203, 204, 208, 212, 203, 204 and on and on. I wish there was a way to practice it for a while rather than watching on Youtube, but alas you have to put the effort into even get to that point.

Just got the trophy.... wow what a rush. Since the game was released, I was struggling to get passed 100 jumps... it wasn't until I changed my audio settings (HDMI Audio Format) on my tv from Bitstream to PCM that I was getting good results. With the Bitstream setting, the sound was delayed a little which was throwing me off. On PCM, the audio plays slightly sooner and it's been a huge help. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Edited by Greygg17

1 hour ago, FOX said:

JWSPUgR.jpg

How is this almost not an ultra rare trophy anymore? Are people cheating it?

There are some scripts that work via remote play but are a bit finicky from what I've heard. There are also some 3rd party devices which with the correct script can guarantee the 1k jumps.

• Like 1

Also seen a couple of Youtube videos where people are actually willing to pay someone to do it for them. How I dislike these kinds of people. I have to share the same shiny trophy with them after two days of getting the hang of it. Not accusing anyone here, of course, but god damn, the amount of people willing to cheat or pay for this is absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by FOX
  • Like 4

Hey guys, I just got this trophy with PC remote play in a thread I found on playstationtrophies.org.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-ix/316580-working-hail-king-script-version-ps4.html

It seems like a daunting workaround and some people might consider this cheating, but for people who don't have the focus, patience or rhythm to do this. There's a lot of information to sift through, and a lot of troubleshooting from one of the authors, but I think if you don't have unshakeable focus this might be your path to platinum.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

Hey guys, I just got this trophy with PC remote play in a thread I found on playstationtrophies.org.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-ix/316580-working-hail-king-script-version-ps4.html

It seems like a daunting workaround and some people might consider this cheating, but for people who don't have the focus, patience or rhythm to do this. There's a lot of information to sift through, and a lot of troubleshooting from one of the authors, but I think if you don't have unshakeable focus this might be your path to platinum.

Or if you don't want to melt the jump button on the ps4 controller :lol: I'm really curious,those who did it normally, how many jumps did they do in all their attempts (cumulatively)

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Or if you don't want to melt the jump button on the ps4 controller :lol: I'm really curious,those who did it normally, how many jumps did they do in all their attempts (cumulatively)

What's your status on this? I think it's totally legal! As I said in PST's forum, after doing Vice City's "Take The Cannoli", I would hardly consider this cheating! It's the same thing, an unreasonably hard/unnecessary trophy that just gets in everybody's way