Hail to the King tip

dargon_lover

1 hour ago, Banana_Xtreme said:

What's your status on this? I think it's totally legal! As I said in PST's forum, after doing Vice City's "Take The Cannoli", I would hardly consider this cheating! It's the same thing, an unreasonably hard/unnecessary trophy that just gets in everybody's way

I don't think it's illegal.You are not hacking anything.It looks like a turbo controller.As for cheating, it's not much different than using boosters for excalibur 2. Although i wouldn't put it in the same league as ''Take the Cannoli'' or ''If You Ain't Cheatin', You Ain't Tryin''. Those two wants you to cheat, gta3's trophy name is even trolling you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FOX said:

Also seen a couple of Youtube videos where people are actually willing to pay someone to do it for them. How I dislike these kinds of people. I have to share the same shiny trophy with them after two days of getting the hang of it. Not accusing anyone here, of course, but god damn, the amount of people willing to cheat or pay for this is absolutely pathetic. 

LOL, someone offered me $20 in playstation gift cards to do it for them. I said nah. xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dargon_lover said:

LOL, someone offered me $20 in playstation gift cards to do it for them. I said nah. xD

4 hours ago, dargon_lover said:

Also seen a couple of Youtube videos where people are actually willing to pay someone to do it for them. How I dislike these kinds of people. I have to share the same shiny trophy with them after two days of getting the hang of it. Not accusing anyone here, of course, but god damn, the amount of people willing to cheat or pay for this is absolutely pathetic. 

Hey, for real, I was legit considering this for some people that I saw posting their success screenshots. I'm willing to meticulously play FFX-2 and Lightning Returns, grind hours in FFXIV and XIII, just simply play an iteration of Blitzball to platinum my FF games to show how much of a fanboy I am for that franchise, but this trophy was beyond my own feasible skill. There were plenty of trophies that they skipped over when they ported from Steam, why'd they have to do this one? It's whining, sure, but clearly I'm not the only one. I'm just glad there's a workaround and I have never loved remote play more than I do now. And I actually use remote play frequently on Vita and PC. But good on those who have the focus, attention span, dexterity, savant ability or whatever it takes to do this properly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Not gonna lie, I find this kind of amazing and innovative LOL

It is a serious level of dedication or perhaps a sign of a serious addiction. While impressive, this is leaps and bounds from the usual methods people use to get around the problem

• Like 1

On 02/10/2017 at 10:02 AM, FOX said:

I already had a person who wanted to pay me to help him getting platinum on outlast 2 .. I sent him to ****! I'd rather try to fight for a certain platinum or trophy than to ask/pay someone for help ... I have the confidence that one day when i have more patience i will be able to do 1000 jumps with vivi :) 

Edited by Rose Amicitia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FOX said:

What a bunch of balony. You people make any excuse to justify cheating.

None of the things you mentioned in this game are difficult by the way. You can turn on a speedhack and 9999 damage per hit which makes pretty much all trophies rather easy to obtain. 

Yeah, but you're not going to use the ingame cheats to acquire the trophies are you? It would be pretty hypocritical of you to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FOX said:

What a bunch of balony. You people make any excuse to justify cheating. The mini game is party of Final Fantasy, there have always been mini games like this. Be it dodging thunder or chocobo racing. Even the shuffle mini game in FF9 can be quite challenging. Final Fantasy is never strange to these mini games and there is zero surprise that they included this. And even if it wasn't, that doesn't matter in the slighest. You work with what you are given. Using an odd trophy as justification is bullshit and people should actually feel terrible for even contemplating such a weak excuse. Under no circumstances does it ever justify people having to put in zero effort in comparison to people who spent hours (not even have to spend hours) to get it legitemately. You do not deserve to be put in the same category. People who use that Remote Play trick should be put in the "I was too lazy for this odd trophy so I cheated it" category. Nothing more, nothing less. People can also say that Excalibur II is such an odd trophy as it's basically speedrunning. Let's just cheat it because it's so unusual. By that logic, people can just arbitrarily decide which trophy they find odd so they can just justify it with cheating. None of the things you mentioned in this game are difficult by the way. You can turn on a speedhack and 9999 damage per hit which makes pretty much all trophies rather easy to obtain. There is nothing bad about the Jump Skip trophy. And that is honestly the final thing I say about it. Absolutely ridiculous excuses in here. Bad trophies you leave alone so the people who do not find them bad and put in the effort should not have to be put in the same category as lazy cheaters. End of story.. 

My plat will look the same as yours. I love FF, but I've got a career and more important things to do with my time than master jump rope. I think you're just bitter that you sunk a huge amount of time into a trophy that you know deep down is incredibly silly. For what it's worth, I did thunder dodging and chocobo racing legit...they're not even in the same category as the absurdity of this trophy. They're also both tied to meaningful rewards in the ultimate weapons.

No other trophy in FF requires this much absurd practice and precision. It was put in by the devs specifically as a middle finger to trophy hunters. And we get the last laugh by flipping the bird back to them with a script. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, crusher_1220 said:

My plat will look the same as yours. I love FF, but I've got a career and more important things to do with my time than master jump rope. I think you're just bitter that you sunk a huge amount of time into a trophy that you know deep down is incredibly silly. For what it's worth, I did thunder dodging and chocobo racing legit...they're not even in the same category as the absurdity of this trophy. They're also both tied to meaningful rewards in the ultimate weapons.

No other trophy in FF requires this much absurd practice and precision. It was put in by the devs specifically as a middle finger to trophy hunters. And we get the last laugh by flipping the bird back to them with a script. 

Even without remote play, you could have done it with a script. :)

I agree that thunder dodging and chocobo racing was super easy in comparison. I know all too well. :P I tried to do this on PS1, just not worth it for a key item. I would do everything else in the game though.

im sorry i really am but when even one of the biggest stickler for none cheating is saying scripts are cool and if i remember right even said was working on one or looking into one its abit funny that 1 person is in here martyring themself over this 1 trophy

hey can you martyre yourself for that 1 trophy in darksiders 2 on ps3 that so many cant get without cheating they really need you in there they need a hero they can believe in :D

1 hour ago, FOX said:

I teach and work at weekend. It would seem that some of you people really are not getting the point. If you do not have the time, or you have more important things to do, you do NOT CHEAT the trophy, you just don't get the trophy. How is that so difficult to comprehend for you people? Cheating is never excused. I don't care that you have to go save the world from Superman and that you had to cheat the trophy. You either get it legit, or you don't get the trophy at all. It's almost like you people aren't actually reading what is being said here. There is no absurd precision and practice. It's getting used to the transition between 20-21, 50-51, 100-101, 200-201 and 300- XXX. Five different patterns, four out of which are just increased in speed and are not difficult to master. One that is tricky due to the changing nature of the pattern. It's a touble tap followed by a brief pause followed by another double tab. Then when you get to 300, you basically close your eyes and you tab one button for five minutes in an easy rythm, all you have to do it listen. 

If you have more important things to do with your time, well don't cheat the trophy at all? You clearly don't deserve of earned it. Why then cheat it? You see, people like you seem to think they are justified for cheating because you don't want to waste time on it. It's a fallacious thing. If you don't want to waste time on it, you just simply leave it alone and that's it. No need to cheat at all. You are right, your plat will look the same as mine. The only difference is that I will get mine legitimately and you won't. But please tell me more how you will find all the treasure chests, grind to 99, then do another run for Excalibur II, getting 10000 kills and beating 100ish NPCS for cards and that isn't a huge amount of time. These things will take five times the amount of time it took me to get 2391 jumps. But tell me more how this one particular trophy just was too much for you. You're just afraid to say it how is it. You were not good enough to do it legit, or you were too lazy. It has nothing to do with a time sync. You can easily just spend one hour a day practicing until you're better and get the trophy some other time. 

I think you take the whole trophy thing a little bit to far. I dont think you have the postition to tell people, if they should own a trophy or not. Relax, its just a hobby ... . To be honest, as a developer myself, i like the idea that people learned how to use a script just because of a silly mash x 1000 times trophy.

Edited by Broni1337
  • Like 3

Your horse race analogy has two important differences: Horse race is about money and competition. Trophy hunting is not. Most people dont care about other players trophies. It´s a personal thing. So i ask you why is it a problem if people cheat in games (as long it´s not multiplayer and thus destroying the fun for other players). As long they have still fun with their hobby, i cant find a problem with this.

Or do you srsly seeing a braging right by having a certain trophy? 

Edited by Broni1337
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Broni1337 said:

Your horse race analogy has two important differences: Horse race is about money and competition. Trophy hunting is not. Most people dont care about other players trophies. It´s a personal thing. So i ask you why is it a problem if people cheat in games (as long it´s not multiplayer and thus destroying the fun for other players). As long as they have still fun with their hobby, i cant find a problem with this.

Or do you srsly seeing a braging right by having a certain trophy? 

That is not the purpose of the analogy. The purpose of the analogy is to showcase that by cheating you do not earn the actual reward as you're bypassing the original requirement. And yes, trophy hunting in some circles is most certainly a competition, as is showcased on this website by numerous events where people race each other to obtain platinums on multiple games. We have rarity percentages which are incredibly popular and people were even asking to implement a Rarity leaderboard where their points are calculated to the rarity percentages of their trophies. You are here on a website dedicated to sharing trophy information, where you can compare trophies, where you can post which ones you get, which ones you are most proud of. Don't pretend for a second that there is no competition in trophies. They are a test of skill, determination and sometimes patience. People who cheat their trophies ruin the whole system. That's the problem. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FOX said:

That is not the purpose of the analogy. The purpose of the analogy is to showcase that by cheating you do not earn the actual reward as you're bypassing the original requirement. And yes, trophy hunting in some circles is most certainly a competition, as is showcased on this website by numerous events where people race each other to obtain platinums on multiple games. We have rarity percentages which are incredibly popular and people were even asking to implement a Rarity leaderboard where their points are calculated to the rarity percentages of their trophies. You are here on a website dedicated to sharing trophy information, where you can compare trophies, where you can post which ones you get, which ones you are most proud of. Don't pretend for a second that there is no competition in trophies. They are a test of skill, determination and sometimes patience. People who cheat their trophies ruin the whole system. That's the problem. 

Sry but those trophy racing competitions are a minority thing (and a rly small one). Psnprofiles is a community site where people help other to achieve trophies or discuss certain game topics. But the competition part is rly rly rly small. And how do you measure something like being good in trophy hunting? Is it someone with the trophies or someone with rare trophies or is it someone with a 100% completion account? Are you a good trophy hunter? Am i? Who is better ? And most importantly : who cares?

Edited by Broni1337
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

Sry but those trophy racing competitions are a minority thing (and a rly small one). Psnprofiles is a community site where people help other to achieve trophies or discuss certain game topics. But the competition part is rly rly rly small. And how do you measure something like being good in trophy hunting? Is it someone with the trophies or someone with rare trophies or is it someone with a 100% completion account? Are you a good trophy hunter? Am i? Who is better ? And most importantly : who cares?

I don't care who is a good trophy hunter dude, you are just spinning the conversation. What I care about is that people are not included in the numbers when they CHEAT. How hard is it for you to understand that people who do something in a way that is not legit, do not get to be put in the same category as people who do. Who cares you ask? All the people who cheated this trophy, obviously. They by far care more about these trophies than I do, because they must resort to petty tactics to get their "meaningless" trophy. Yes, that's right, nobody cares, it's just cheated en masse at the moment because nobody cares about those trophies. People care alright, so much so that they have to cheat it instead of just leave it alone. It's incredibly simple, my stance. 

Don't cheat, you gain nothing from it. You didn't deserve the trophy because you bypassed the requirement, you are obscuring the numbers of this website to not represend a correct number and you are only fooling yourself because you obviously were too lazy/unskilled/unmotivated to do it yourself. There are even pathetic people out there who paid fifty euros for this trophy. 

• Like 2