Hail to the King tip

dargon_lover

1 minute ago, FOX said:

I don't care who is a good trophy hunter dude, you are just spinning the conversation. What I care about is that people are not included in the numbers when they CHEAT. How hard is it for you to understand that people who do something in a way that is not legit, do not get to be put in the same category as people who do. Who cares you ask? All the people who cheated this trophy, obviously. They by far care more about these trophies than I do, because they must resort to petty tactics to get their "meaningless" trophy. Yes, that's right, nobody cares, it's just cheated en masse at the moment because nobody cares about those trophies. People care alright, so much so that they have to cheat it instead of just leave it alone. It's incredibly simple, my stance. 

Don't cheat, you gain nothing from it. You didn't deserve the trophy because you bypassed the requirement, you are obscuring the numbers of this website to not represend a correct number and you are only fooling yourself because you obviously were too lazy/unskilled/unmotivated to do it yourself. There are even pathetic people out there who paid fifty euros for this trophy. 

Where does cheating starts in your opinion? Is using a collectible guide cheating? You dont find those collectibles like the trophy suggest. Do you use backup saves in a "no death run" (hardcore mode in xcom or titan souls). Did you use the "exit lvl before you die glitch" in super meat boy where you can avoid a death if you quit the lvl fast enough ?  Did u use a rubber to lock a button for a grinding trophy (like walk x steps in total, or lvl up your sneak lvl in skyrim)? (I use all of those i meantioned in this post) So why should i judge anyone who used a script for this trophy? (And i´m almost sure you used  a collectible guide for the dog tags in mgs 2 or the weapons in mgs4 or the frogs figures in mgs 3, if not im actually impressed).

• Like 2

I think there is a major difference between something like scripting and hacking a save file.

With scripting you still actually have to play the game, albeit in a somewhat unconventional fashion.

There is nothing in the manual that says use your finger to press X.  It just says press X.  

This is not the case for multiplayer as they usually specify in the t&c that you cannot use scripts and bots.  But in single player, knock yourself out.

Hacking a save is cheating.  You haven't actually completed the requirements, you've just activated the appropriate flags to pop trophies.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, FOX said:

I have given you a solid definition maybe three times now. It's the usage of tools / software that does not belong to your own to bypass a requirement for a trophy. Looking at a guide to find collectibles is not cheating as you still have to go and collect them yourself. There is nothing wrong with looking up different ways to complete certain trophies. There is nothing wrong with looking for tips to complete certain trophies. I looked up some tips on youtube for the Robe Skip. As a matter of fact, I found it way easier at the start to go by sound alone from a Youtube video. That's right, I learned the robe skip by syncing my in game with a youtube video and going by the sound of the YT video while looking at it too. That's called being clever. 

It also depends on what you have to do. To grind deaths for example, who is going to object against having a rubber around your analog so you keep falling off? Nobody. It requires zero skill and effort. Quitting before dying on SMB, not an issue as it's part of the game. To cheat the Hail to the King trophy, people make use of software outside of the game, to complete it, which is cheating. You didn't do it youself, so it's cheating. It's so simple and easy to see that we are here arguing about useless semantics. Cheating of course is something nuanced and it depends on the trophy itself which is why it's much more useful to discuss cheating not as a concept, but as an individual case. In this case, it's an obvious cheat. 

And this my final word on this topic. People who cheated this trophy are ruining trophies as a whole and that's a shame. It's a very nice addition to an otherwise great hobby, which is gaming. I like to challenge myself through trophies and I definitely don't like to share the numbers with cheaters. If you're too shit (pardon my language), then don't do it at all. Have a good one. 

Wait so using a rubber is ok because it doesnt require any skill? So bypass time requirements is ok, bypass skill requirements is not ... hypocracy at its best.

Let me tell you one last time, you are in no position to tell a person they should or they should not own a trophy. Its not your descision, you cant do anything about it. People want this trophy, people get this trophy, they are not required to ask for you permission. I kind of regret not cheating on this trophy, so i just could proof my point with it : ) .

• Like 3

I'm going to take the side of FOX on this topic. Using a computer program to get the trophy for you is cheating in my opinion. But hey, as long as it's allowed, go for it, I don't care. I personally will never resort to that sort of tactics. As a big fan of FF games but as a completionist I probably gonna pass on this game as I could never get past 200 jumps on ps1. ( Although I also never put in any effort in to actually getting better at it.) That said, since I still own the ps1 disc version I'll probably train on that version before I ever buy the ps4 version.

Edit: Now some actual tips please ?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, FOX said:

Don't cheat, you gain nothing from it. You didn't deserve the trophy because you bypassed the requirement, you are obscuring the numbers of this website to not represend a correct number and you are only fooling yourself because you obviously were too lazy/unskilled/unmotivated to do it yourself. 

If that's the case, then boosting mp trophies is also cheating  (and i don't care if a game's mp is dead,should have played it when it was alive).And even more,using trophy guides is also cheating.Take for example collectible trophies.Collectibles in games like GTA V or listening to all hints in Last Guardian,would take ages if you didn't use a guide.But they are allowed so all is fine.If you are very strict about it,then everything you did by getting help,is a form of cheating.In the end,the community decides what's cheating and what's not

11 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I'm going to take the side of FOX on this topic. Using a computer program to get the trophy for you is cheating in my opinion. But hey, as long as it's allowed, go for it, I don't care. I personally will never resort to that sort of tactics. As a big fan of FF games but as a completionist I probably gonna pass on this game as I could never get past 200 jumps on ps1. ( Although I also never put in any effort in to actually getting better at it.) That said, since I still own the ps1 disc version I'll probably train on that version before I ever buy the ps4 version.

Edit: Now some actual tips please ?

Use the script :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 5:27 AM, FOX said:

You see, I don't agree with this thing that people should be able to get everything under whatever circumstances. You have poor dexterity? That's a shame then? Can't focus for more than 7 minutes? Well, just don't get the trophy then. You people are legitemately considering paying money to obtain a trophy you are not even good enough to obtain. What does that say about you and these people who actually did it? "Great, I just spent 20 euros on a trophy I know I didn't deserve". Honestly, people sometimes are thicker than bricks. I feel like a minority when I say that if I don't have the tools myself required to pull something off, then I don't pull it off and let the people who actually do be happy with their achievement. I see this other dude saying games are supposed to be fun. Then why don't you just stop going for the trophy you didn't earn and bloody play the rest of the game? You stopped having fun the moment you had to cheat for a trophy you couldn't get naturally. 

These are also my final words on it. People like you ruin trophies for me. While I actually spend the hours while having the skill to pull it off do it for the challenge and also the merrit of the trophy, people like you come barging in cheating your way through and there is no way that people can track who did it legit and who didn't. You obscure trophies and make what would be an ambitious trophy a useless one. Why hunt trophies anymore then? Why go for them when they are shared with people who get them anyway without having the skill or patience to do them? That is anti-fun trophy hunting wise and I must thank you for being part of the problem. That's the end of my rant and you won't see me again in these topics. FF9 is a game I love, it's my favourite. So when it released a trophy list and was beyond excited, and when I say that it looked incredibly challenging I was even happier as I tend to gravitate toward difficult trophy list. But sadly that joy was short lived when I realised you could just speed hack and 9999 damage your way through and if that wasn't bad enough, people can just cheat arguably the hardest trophy in the game (besides what would have been getting Excalibur II if it weren't for in game cheats). 

Whoa now, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers here. I simply considered gifting someone who has more ability than me, I didn't actually pay someone, I have better things to do with my money, Mr. Premium member. Let me tell you that I tried this for days, and could barely get past 20. I asked my friend who is significantly better at rhythm games to try this for me and he got stuck at 200. It's been a week since that, and ultimately I didn't reach out to any stranger to offer an incentive to do his for me. Maybe my fandom for the franchise doesn't sit well with you or something, and I don't have to justify anything, least of all to you. I drove from Los Angeles to San Fransisco for a trip that amounted to only a couple of hours to attend a Dear Friends concert and meet Uematsu, waited in line over night at Anime Expo to meet Sakaguchi, all of my first print PlayStation FF discs are signed by someone from the FF team. My fandom for Final Fantasy as a whole intersects with my fandom for PlayStation. So excuse me if somehow it was me who ruined trophies for you, in the end who gives a shit? It's meaningless when it comes down to it. It's why my trophy list isn't bloody level 50 or whatnot. If you google "FFIX trophy list" the first page of results lists an article about the platinum being impossible. You actually see threads dedicated for tips such as these just for this one trophy, and do you think any of them actually help beyond what's already logical? When someone actually offers feasible help for people you crap on them for it? Who's being thick now? Good for you for being able to sit down and focus on a menial task for hours at a time. You're probably somewhere on the autism spectrum. Because lets be honest, a majority of the people who got this legit sat there for hours not 7 minutes. I don't have time for that, I have actual real life stuff to do, like work and work projects and I still want to do stuff I enjoy. You want an obscure trophy? Go play an obscure game. Get a fucking life, get off your high horse and stop judging people on shit that quite frankly does nothing that impacts you in any way. You think other people are gonna see my trophy list, see my all Hail the King trophy and say.. "well there goes that trophy..." Again who's being thick? The only thing you're doing is discouraging me from socializing on this forum when I saw an opportunity to commiserate with other people griping with the same issue as me.

Edit: I never actually said having low dexterity is something to be ashamed for. But pointing out the shortcomings most of the people having trouble with this trophy (like me) probably have. It's more objective than subjective. So I'm sorry you're so butthurt by other mine or people's Macgyvering to finding a solution to their problem. Why don't you go bitch at the people who used rubber bands to get the Saddle Sore trophy from FFXIII-2?

Edited by ThaiChi
Post script.
  • Like 3

Speaking of cheating, Hypocrite much?

Your MGS3 HD guide : https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5449-metal-gear-solid-3-trophy-guide

a post on a different forum from 2011 : https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd/134911-metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd-trophy-guide-road-map.html#post2304779

Did you know plagiarism is bad? I actually got a chance to look through the rest of the thread and see all all the crap you've been spewing, somehow turning something that's supposed to enjoyable into a discussion of have and have not. Talking about people don't deserve something. One of the posts about you taking this too seriously might have been on the nose buddy. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FOX said:

I teach and work at weekend. It would seem that some of you people really are not getting the point. If you do not have the time, or you have more important things to do, you do NOT CHEAT the trophy, you just don't get the trophy. How is that so difficult to comprehend for you people? Cheating is never excused. I don't care that you have to go save the world from Superman and that you had to cheat the trophy. You either get it legit, or you don't get the trophy at all. It's almost like you people aren't actually reading what is being said here. There is no absurd precision and practice. It's getting used to the transition between 20-21, 50-51, 100-101, 200-201 and 300- XXX. Five different patterns, four out of which are just increased in speed and are not difficult to master. One that is tricky due to the changing nature of the pattern. It's a touble tap followed by a brief pause followed by another double tab. Then when you get to 300, you basically close your eyes and you tab one button for five minutes in an easy rythm, all you have to do it listen. 

If you have more important things to do with your time, well don't cheat the trophy at all? You clearly don't deserve of earned it. Why then cheat it? You see, people like you seem to think they are justified for cheating because you don't want to waste time on it. It's a fallacious thing. If you don't want to waste time on it, you just simply leave it alone and that's it. No need to cheat at all. You are right, your plat will look the same as mine. The only difference is that I will get mine legitimately and you won't. But please tell me more how you will find all the treasure chests, grind to 99, then do another run for Excalibur II, getting 10000 kills and beating 100ish NPCS for cards and that isn't a huge amount of time. These things will take five times the amount of time it took me to get 2391 jumps. But tell me more how this one particular trophy just was too much for you. You're just afraid to say it how is it. You were not good enough to do it legit, or you were too lazy. It has nothing to do with a time sync. You can easily just spend one hour a day practicing until you're better and get the trophy some other time. 

Fucking real shit. Like I won't lie, I kind of felt disgusted by the whole notion that someone is legit okay with having not worked for the trophy and still saying that it doesn't matter because it looks the same.  I understand that at points we all try to cheese shit or find easier ways of doing something in a game, but this feels a little more like desperation and way to feel justified for something being legit challenging.  Let me tell you I haven't wasted over a week and a half practicing this shit not to get the trophy legit.  But what bugs me most is that this is pretty much a problem with the "gaming" community as a whole these days, people are really advocating for "skip boss buttons" and "remove game overs".  I'm so sick of that shit, keep that mindset out of gaming.  It bugs me so much because as a gamer, I want to become better at the games I play.  A lot of who are in the gaming community now, don't want to be better---they want to "WIN".  Immediate satisfaction, like it's some type of drug.  I've said this a lot before, but whenever I hear things like "just let me win", I feel like I'm listening to my baby cousin or my mom who play games casually to "WIN".  Removing skill barriers because someone isn't good enough is something I feel is going to end up killing a lot of the fun of this medium.  The reason why there are difficult games and challenges is to encourage the player to handle them.  I didn't even grow up with games like Crash and that entire fiasco with people comparing it to Dark Souls gave me second hand embarrassment.  Nobody wants to work for shit anymore, people just want to dry up a games resources in a week and throw it in the damn trash.   Kind of feels like gamers can't take time to appreciate anything.  I have no doubt, that some people after getting their 100% aren't going to ever return to this game. Rant over.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ThaiChi said:

Speaking of cheating, Hypocrite much?

Your MGS3 HD guide : https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5449-metal-gear-solid-3-trophy-guide

a post on a different forum from 2011 : https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd/134911-metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd-trophy-guide-road-map.html#post2304779

Did you know plagiarism is bad? I actually got a chance to look through the rest of the thread and see all all the crap you've been spewing, somehow turning something that's supposed to enjoyable into a discussion of have and have not. Talking about people don't deserve something. One of the posts about you taking this too seriously might have been on the nose buddy. 

Also while we're on this can you please point out where he plagiarized? I just went through both of those with a text finder and I didn't see anything. They were almost completely different. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

Also while we're on this can you please point out where he plagiarized? I just went through both of those with a text finder and I didn't see anything. They were almost completely different. 

http://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism

in other words, things don't have to be verbatim to be considered plagiarism. Simply the taking of ideas. Or if that's too difficult for you, let me over-simplify; taking from one source = plagiarism, taking from many = research. The entire one playthrough section is ripped right off the post from the other forum.

PSNprofile guide:

[SNK] - Snake G found in the area. Look for them slithering in the grassy areas.

[SNK] - Snake H found in the area. Look for them slithering in the grassy areas.

[MSH] - Mushroom A found left of the collapsed tree in the middle. Notice a dismembered tree. It's to the right of that.

[MSH] - Mushroom C found slightly to the right of the collapsed tree in the middle.

[FRT] - Fruit B found on the tree left of the one your gear was hanging onto.

[FRG] - Frog B found in the same patch of grass where mushroom C grows. 

Original Post:

01. Dremuchij South
Kerotan: Head up the path to the east and look west. It'll be on the hill.

Markhor: Snake G - Slithering around the area
Markhor: Snake H - Slithering around the area
Markhor: Mushroom A - The tree west of the collapsed tree that's north of where you start.
Markhor: Mushroom C - The tree east of the collapsed tree that's north of where you start.
Markhor: Fruit B - Growing in a tree that's west of the tree with your gear.
Markhor: Frog B - Crawling around in the grassy areas.

In short, the entire structure of the guide is taken down to the letter denotations.

Once again... the end of the guide on PSNprofiles :

After the review of your playthrough, if done everything correctly, you will receive newly acquired face paints and camouflages. You will have earned Silver Only Skin Deep, Silver Fashionista and Platinum Snake Eaten.

Original post :

76. Score Screen
If you did everything possible in the game, you will earn the rest of your face paint, camouflages and final trophies here.

The more you know.

32 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

The more you know..

I'd agree with the stance against FOXs anti-script cheating thing... but here, you're comparing 2 guides for the same game.. they are guides, for the same game.. how much different can they be ? a lot of the guides here are dang near exact copies from playstationtrophies.org, anyways..

Really I don't think it's a big deal, to snag this trophy with a script if you aren't able to get on par with the jumps. Wife did this for about 3 hours straight and I swear could not break 50. Macro/Hotkey software is pretty neutral across all gaming communities.. this is not limited to single player experiences, with many MMOs/PvP heavy game communities taking advantage of these softwares... to each their own, really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

Fucking real shit. Like I won't lie, I kind of felt disgusted by the whole notion that someone is legit okay with having not worked for the trophy and still saying that it doesn't matter because it looks the same.  I understand that at points we all try to cheese shit or find easier ways of doing something in a game, but this feels a little more like desperation and way to feel justified for something being legit challenging.  Let me tell you I haven't wasted over a week and a half practicing this shit not to get the trophy legit.  But what bugs me most is that this is pretty much a problem with the "gaming" community as a whole these days, people are really advocating for "skip boss buttons" and "remove game overs".  I'm so sick of that shit, keep that mindset out of gaming.  It bugs me so much because as a gamer, I want to become better at the games I play.  A lot of who are in the gaming community now, don't want to be better---they want to "WIN".  Immediate satisfaction, like it's some type of drug.  I've said this a lot before, but whenever I hear things like "just let me win", I feel like I'm listening to my baby cousin or my mom who play games casually to "WIN".  Removing skill barriers because someone isn't good enough is something I feel is going to end up killing a lot of the fun of this medium.  The reason why there are difficult games and challenges is to encourage the player to handle them.  I didn't even grow up with games like Crash and that entire fiasco with people comparing it to Dark Souls gave me second hand embarrassment.  Nobody wants to work for shit anymore, people just want to dry up a games resources in a week and throw it in the damn trash.   Kind of feels like gamers can't take time to appreciate anything.  I have no doubt, that some people after getting their 100% aren't going to ever return to this game. Rant over.

Who are you to tell people how they should enjoy games? If people like easy games and just want to relax its their right to do so. Why is it wrong to not working for you enyoiment 0.o? Nobody cares about your elitest opinion. Get real ffs and dont overestimate the value of your opinion about gaming. Let people play how they like and let them enoy their hobby...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

Who are you to tell people how they should enjoy games? If people like easy games and just want to relax its their right to do so. Why is it wrong to not working for you enyoiment 0.o? Nobody cares about your elitest opinion. Get real ffs and dont overestimate the value of your opinion about gaming. Let people play how they like and let them enoy their hobby...

LOL It's not an elitist opinion, it's common sense bro.  Don't think I'm some sort of idiot.  If you want to enjoy the game you don't NEED to go for trophies.  If you were enjoying what you were doing you wouldn't need to script the games files to obtain something completely optional.  And not that this is even remotely the same situation, but imagine if someone used that statement if they were cheating against others online?  Well shit, I guess I can't tell them how to "enjoy" the game.  Personally I just feel its a bad way of justifying yourself.  If you didn't earn it, what does the trophy even matter for be honest?  There is no trial, there's no legacy, there's no story---you just got something to pop up on the screen that's ultimately meaningless to you, because you didn't enjoy doing it. "NOT ENJOYING MYSELF, WHAT DO?" Don't do it, skip it, enjoy the game or put it down for awhile.  The quickest route to immediate satisfaction is not always the best answer. You asked who I was to tell people all that? In truth I'm nobody, I shouldn't need to be anybody to anyone on the Internet lmao. Honestly I don't care how people "enjoy" their games. But I'm telling you can't just say those types of things around people who worked for it and expect that the ones who were dedicated aren't going to criticize others for that type of mindset.  Like I said all of this is my humble opinion so please, by all means, go enjoy your hobby---lol you don't have to listen to a damn word I say, remember you choose the opinions you value and I value all. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broni1337 said:

To be fair, there's a difference between playing the game and making a "bot" play it for you. And, there's a difference between playing a game and earning a trophy.

The problem here is that where to set the line. Is a turbo controller okay? Is a turbo controller with extra functionality okay? Is it okay to be able to program the controller? Can you only use the official controllers? How do you tell the difference?

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

LOL It's not an elitist opinion, it's common sense bro.  Don't think I'm some sort of idiot.  If you want to enjoy the game you don't NEED to go for trophies.  If you were enjoying what you were doing you wouldn't need to script the games files to obtain something completely optional.  And not that this is even remotely the same situation, but imagine if someone used that statement if they were cheating against others online?  Well shit, I guess I can't tell them how to "enjoy" the game.  Personally I just feel its a bad way of justifying yourself.  If you didn't earn it, what does the trophy even matter for be honest?  There is no trial, there's no legacy, there's no story---you just got something to pop up on the screen that's ultimately meaningless to you, because you didn't enjoy doing it. "NOT ENJOYING MYSELF, WHAT DO?" Don't do it, skip it, enjoy the game or put it down for awhile.  The quickest route to immediate satisfaction is not always the best answer. You asked who I was to tell people all that? In truth I'm nobody, I shouldn't need to be anybody to anyone on the Internet lmao. Honestly I don't care how people "enjoy" their games. But I'm telling you can't just say those types of things around people who worked for it and expect that the ones who were dedicated aren't going to criticize others for that type of mindset.  Like I said all of this is my humble opinion so please, by all means, go enjoy your hobby---lol you don't have to listen to a damn word I say, remember you choose the opinions you value and I value all. 1f607.png

Quote from you:

"But what bugs me most is that this is pretty much a problem with the "gaming" community as a whole these days, people are really advocating for "skip boss buttons" and "remove game overs".  I'm so sick of that shit, keep that mindset out of gaming.  It bugs me so much because as a gamer, I want to become better at the games I play.  A lot of who are in the gaming community now, don't want to be better---they want to "WIN".  Immediate satisfaction, like it's some type of drug.  I've said this a lot before, but whenever I hear things like "just let me win", I feel like I'm listening to my baby cousin or my mom who play games casually to "WIN".  Removing skill barriers because someone isn't good enough is something I feel is going to end up killing a lot of the fun of this medium.  The reason why there are difficult games and challenges is to encourage the player to handle them.  I didn't even grow up with games like Crash and that entire fiasco with people comparing it to Dark Souls gave me second hand embarrassment.  Nobody wants to work for shit anymore, people just want to dry up a games resources in a week and throw it in the damn trash. "

You are talking about people playing games in general dont like challenges and you hate this kind of a mindset. I think this is the definition of a "hardcore elitest videogame player".

And btw i like challenging games, i earned the trophy the legit way, it was a annoying waste of time, i regret it , i would use the script if i thought of it, but it was to late. This challenge was neither fun or fair. It was stupid. The binding of isaac is a fun challenge, super meat boy is a fun challenge (soul crushing but fun), downwell was fun. Pressing one Button 1000 times for 2 days straight, is not a fun challenge.

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

To be fair, there's a difference between playing the game and making a "bot" play it for you. And, there's a difference between playing a game and earning a trophy.

He talked about the general mindset of people not liking challenges in video games.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

Quote from you:

"But what bugs me most is that this is pretty much a problem with the "gaming" community as a whole these days, people are really advocating for "skip boss buttons" and "remove game overs".  I'm so sick of that shit, keep that mindset out of gaming.  It bugs me so much because as a gamer, I want to become better at the games I play.  A lot of who are in the gaming community now, don't want to be better---they want to "WIN".  Immediate satisfaction, like it's some type of drug.  I've said this a lot before, but whenever I hear things like "just let me win", I feel like I'm listening to my baby cousin or my mom who play games casually to "WIN".  Removing skill barriers because someone isn't good enough is something I feel is going to end up killing a lot of the fun of this medium.  The reason why there are difficult games and challenges is to encourage the player to handle them.  I didn't even grow up with games like Crash and that entire fiasco with people comparing it to Dark Souls gave me second hand embarrassment.  Nobody wants to work for shit anymore, people just want to dry up a games resources in a week and throw it in the damn trash. "

You are talking about people playing games in general dont like challenges and you hate this kind of a mindset. I think this is the definition of a "hardcore elitest videogame player".

And btw i like challenging games, i earned the trophy the legit way, it was a annoying waste of time, i regret it , i would use the script if i thought of it, but it was to late. This challenge was neither fun or fair. It was stupid. The binding of isaac is a fun challenge, super meat boy is a fun challenge (soul crushing but fun), downwell was fun. Pressing one Button 1000 times for 2 days straight, is not a fun challenge.

He talked about the general mindset of people not liking challenges in video games.

Again why do you care? It's an opinion. Its not elitism. I've never said I was some great gamer or claim to be better than anyone, everyone sucks at something at some point that's why it takes dedication to get better. Its fine if people enjoy easy games or dont like challenges, or trophy collecting. My problem comes when a person wants to take a game's challenge and wants to define it as "too hard" and therefore not worth it. If it isnt worth it....don't do it.  If you do or don't end up altering the game that's up to you, hey I don't have an issue with that either, but I do not agree with that mindset. When you bring that into gaming companies listen and they remove entry barriers, the things that make a game require skill. "Skill" the literal foundation of what seperates a video game from a movie. It's not like some digital trophy can give me insight to who you are as a person so again, it really isn't that important. That part wasn't even directed towards you though, it was an extended thoughts.

Couldn't find anything about third party software, but I believe the part of the CoC that you're referring to is this,

Do not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in the Software, the PSN or any of its products to obtain an unfair advantage;

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread will have used a bug or glitch to their advantage at some point!

EDIT: Aha, did find this,

(v) use or make available unauthorised hardware or software to access or interact with the PSN or its Products (including any cheat code or devices that circumvent security features or limitations)

Weird that it says "including any cheat code", I remember when Sony used to give out books full of those :o

Edited by Hemming87
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hemming87 said:

Couldn't find anything about third party software, but I believe the part of the CoC that you're referring to is this,

Do not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in the Software, the PSN or any of its products to obtain an unfair advantage;

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread will have used a bug or glitch to their advantage at some point!

EDIT: Aha, did find this,

(v) use or make available unauthorised hardware or software to access or interact with the PSN or its Products (including any cheat code or devices that circumvent security features or limitations)

Weird that it says "including any cheat code", I remember when Sony used to give out books full of those :o

Read the full paragraph, it helps.

"to obtain an unfair advantage"

"that circumvent security features or limitations"

• Like 2