Platinum unobtainable

VirtualNight

This is a real shame.

I hate people like him because they have ruined multiplayer games in the past. When the company no longer cares about the game they developed, that's when it's time to bail.

Lost Planet 2 is definitely a game I give out a lot of respect for. I would never even think of going after this game, but for those who were, having this person hack the game is a giant slap in the face.

Seeing that this is Capcom we're talking about, the chances of them looking at this issue are very, very slim.

• Like 3

I'm still extremely dissapointed about this whole situation. I feel really sorry for anyone who have been working on #1 for all this time, only to find out someone hacked all of the 50 missions, thus making the platinum no longer achievable. It's digusting really.

Highly doubt that Capcom will do anything about it. Back in the day it was requested by a lot of people to reset the leaderboards for Lost Planet 2. They either declined or ignored that request. Besides, games like Resident Evil 5 have been hacked for years. They never took action on that, so highly doubt they'll do that now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

I have read this from Dennis-Nine-Five and I think that such important information must be posted in a specific thread.

There is a kid called IRELAND_NUMBER1 (is an alt account obviously, I may know who he is, especially after that a friend of mine was going for the WR and asked a tip to an ireland guy who had the WR... however there are no solid proofs and is useless try to discover who he is) who has hacked all the 50 leaderboards of the training mode, so if you haven't achieved your Number 1 before his hacks you can't get it anymore.

I'm going to contact Capcom, it is known that they don't care at all about us, but is better try than do nothing, at least to discover if they could do something (is just 1 hacker, only 1, no more, all the others are legit players and his hacks are obvious, could Capcom act against a single kid?), they take some days to answer (but at least they do) and I need some time to elaborate the best formal message I can make.

After theyr reply, I will report it here.

29 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I sent a tweet to Capcom Unity. I guess other people need to do the same and maybe they'll respond.

Image result for good luck with that meme

Just don't expect any real results. They already got your money. You ain't important anymore...until the NEXT preorder push starts up for their next soon-to-be released semi-completed title.

• Like 1

I used to work for Capcom, I worked there during Lost Planet 2 Launch and Development. I told them countless times the leader boards would need a refresh system like Extreme Conditions did, it fell on deaf ears. Now we currently have a broken leader board worse then what it was then they found a small time freeze glitch on one of the courses.

I even got the Capcom-Unity forums and GameFAQ's to petition the change for the leader boards and nothing.

They truthfully gave up on the game around December 2010, which was very sad to see.

This will not go any where I wish it would, I hope it will but I know it won't.

I wish I had my PS3 so I could play this again though, I only need MP Matches to get my Platinum

Edit: Actually go wild cause an uproar, I don't Mod there any more and the Staff don't Mod anywhere on the forums. http://www.capcom-unity.com/lost_planet/go/thread/view/44251/30949431/ps3-leaderboards-now-hacked

Edited by BTHRZeroX
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Floriiss said:

I'm still extremely dissapointed about this whole situation. I feel really sorry for anyone who have been working on #1 for all this time, only to find out someone hacked all of the 50 missions, thus making the platinum no longer achievable. It's digusting really.

Highly doubt that Capcom will do anything about it. Back in the day it was requested by a lot of people to reset the leaderboards for Lost Planet 2. They either declined or ignored that request. Besides, games like Resident Evil 5 have been hacked for years. They never took action on that, so highly doubt they'll do that now.

Well that request was obviously declined everytime, how could they reset the leaderboards without care about who has done the first places legitly? Now the situation is different, because the scores are hacked, so this time they may consider us... the chances they do something are around 0.01% but I don't wanna give up without doing anything.

Sadly it's because i posted the thread with video strategies on how to get number 1. The game used to have blockers who played it just to stop them from getting number 1. But i'm much better than them in LP2. They threated with stuff if i made videos how to get WR on  easier courses or help people they hate (PSNP community & most from PS3T) for no valid reasons  They also spam messaging  me to block players, like the recent platinum holders. They deleted me when they found out that me & Dennis-nine helped by giving a strategy to a 12 people group on advanced 3-2 to get WR  in 5-30 hours

When i created the thread i got a PM from them saying "hahhahaha, are you mad because we didnt help your friends on a" (specific game)  & "we'll see who be annoyed first" like.. a threat or whatever lmao

Since they don't want to spend more time to practice levels, and that theres competition now (they hate competition)so  they decided to hack all the levels so you wouldn't get it. As i said in my thread, you shouldn't sync LP2 till you get the WR. Although i didn't expect them to do this when i created the thread.

As for reset, the game leaderboard work that if you play offline with any time, complete the level again regardless of time you did and your "personal best" will upload to the leaderboards. The way they did this is by Editing values in Hex editor to make your time like they have on leaderboards.

So if they plan on doing the same after reset(if there ever be one) you  have one hour to get your WR. Luckily there are 50 levels so it's enough time to upload your previous personal best

Since there's a good chance LP 1 & 2 will be remastered, if they ever announce it, then i highly recommend that you email capcom about the number 1 situation on PS3 Here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/capcom/support

You can do the same with requesting for a leaderboard reset on PS3 as well.

They have lowered some requirements on  Resident evil 5 & changed some requirements on  Resident evil Revelations, i would say it's possible that they can change/remove the number one requirement from the remastered version if they ever become a reality.

Also no, there was nobody from ireland or the advanced 1-2 holder who did it, i looked at my youtube analytics, and there was nobody from ireland who saw it, most of the views were from Germany & UK  

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PRTM_CLUESCROL said:

As for reset, the game leaderboard work that if you play offline with any time, complete the level again regardless of time you did and your "personal best" will upload to the leaderboards. The way they did this is by Editing values in Hex editor to make your time like they have on leaderboards.

Well that's good to know. So there still is a chance to get this reward?

And sorry for you to get such mean messages even though you just want to help people getting this done

14 minutes ago, PRTM_CLUESCROL said:

*Snip*

Mate I can tell you this wasn't your fault, It was Capcom's, the times for the Training Missions are saved client side via the save file, which can be edited and then the scores can be updated server side by replaying the Mission online.

I submitted the fix for save file for a better encryption to protect the times for the training missions on the save file, it was turned down. This was June 2010.

They knew of it then, they had a fix and did not do anything about it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Mate I can tell you this wasn't your fault, It was Capcom's, the times for the Training Missions are saved client side via the save file, which can be edited and then the scores can be updated server side by replaying the Mission online.

I submitted the fix for save file for a better encryption to protect the times for the training missions on the save file, it was turned down. This was June 2010.

They knew of it then, they had a fix and did not do anything about it.

That sucks. Capcom didn't support this game too well compared to the original

Original had like half a year of free DLC content, then they finished  it

with a awesome special edition with lots of new content. Sadly the PS3 version used the vanilla version when it was so close to colonies release, and there was never a update to patch that into the game. So if LP1C remaster ever comes it would be awesome to experience colonies with a bigger player base than these days, when i tested colonies a year ago, there was only 2 people playing which is too low 

27 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well that's good to know. So there still is a chance to get this reward?

And sorry for you to get such mean messages even though you just want to help people getting this done

Should be, although i have no idea about the negative score one, on PC there are 2 billion scores, but no negative scores

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL

yeah my special thx to Dennis-Nine-Five for sharing strategie. really good to know that there are some players out there, they like to help and like competion. And not to be on an ego trip like others. thumps up and yes, respect for that.

PRTM....thx for the vids, for trying to help others with that strats. 

Don't care about the fools who hacked the LB. Imo it's a sign of weakness and a mad character.  

I hope sony will exile/relegate the whole IP adres from the person, ...i know they can do this :-)....it's a shame for gamers

Edited by DonVen76
  • Like 3

This is the answer (I have cut few useless parts) that capcom gave me by email, better than what I was expecting:

" Thank you for contacting us at Capcom Technical Support.

We are very sorry that your enjoyment of Lost Planet 2 is being spoiled by a hacking cheater.

We have reported this to the Game Team.

Please do keep checking for news on the Lost Planet 2 Blog Pages on www.capcom-unity.com. The Game Team share news here when they have announcements to make. We would also invite you to check the blog pages for links to the Community Managers as there can be links of moderators so you can reach out to them directly.

Best Regards, "

We can only pray...

I'm terrible when is time to surf in the developers' sites (I will never forget the pain in surfing in the EA site), I don't really know if it could be helpful to contact a moderator, if you think it could you should give a try.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

This is the answer (I have cut few useless parts) that capcom gave me by email, better than what I was expecting:

" Thank you for contacting us at Capcom Technical Support.

We are very sorry that your enjoyment of Lost Planet 2 is being spoiled by a hacking cheater.

We have reported this to the Game Team.

Please do keep checking for news on the Lost Planet 2 Blog Pages on www.capcom-unity.com. The Game Team share news here when they have announcements to make. We would also invite you to check the blog pages for links to the Community Managers as there can be links of moderators so you can reach out to them directly.

Best Regards, "

We can only pray...

I'm terrible when is time to surf in the developers' sites (I will never forget the pain in surfing in the EA site), I don't really know if it could be helpful to contact a moderator, if you think it could you should give a try.

Can u Screen shot hacker please.   Don't have game right now. Or I woyuld.  Capcom is asking for this.    On there end he is there.  On north America end.   Anbs rank leaderboards as well

50 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Can u Screen shot hacker please.   Don't have game right now. Or I woyuld.  Capcom is asking for this.    On there end he is there.  On north America end.   Anbs rank leaderboards as well

This post makes no sense, and here is why.

We never needed screen shots to prove of leaderboard hacking, only in game mods and hacks which we would prefer video evidence, as we can see the leaderboards from our side so we would not need to ask for proof.

Also I have contacted Yuri Araujo current staff member who deals with Lost Planet at CAPCOM® US and he has not said anything, about needing proof.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

This post makes no sense, and here is why.

We never needed screen shots to prove of leaderboard hacking, only in game mods and hacks which we would prefer video evidence, as we can see the leaderboards from our side so we would not need to ask for proof.

Also I have contacted Yuri Araujo current staff member who deals with Lost Planet at CAPCOM00ae.png US and he has not said anything, about needing proof.

https://imgur.com/a/lAQhl

26 minutes ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

Guys c'mon do you think the guy that hacked the leaderboards won't create a new account to hack the leaderboards again after he had been removed from leaderboards? 

In fact what I asked too to capcom is to do something in order that there won't be new hacks. Just remove this kiddo is useless...

EDIT: in fact, now there are 2 new hackers, all with the same score.

Edited by VirtualNight