Any news on the glitched trophies?

Lars

And this Works only after Patch 1.01.  Also it works - Only if You not passed yet 1000 Miles in career (before Patch) or have backup save just before 1000 (this as is worked for me).

If You after, sorry - for Now You need delete all game save and start from beginning. Or maybe better wait - for new Patch.

Hope this small info helps -- to clear for now requirement how to unlock 1000 Miles Trophy.

P.S. For 2000 Miles - for now don't know, it was Patched or not.

22 hours ago, Corrosivescott said:

It's Career miles only, the total miles on the options page doesn't count. If you look at career milage that is what this unlocks by. Mine unlocked once I hit 1,000 in career mode, I had about 1,600 total miles from the other modes. 

So could you just start a career race and rubber band your controller for a while?

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Fatboyrick83 said:

Someone has the trophy according to the PS4 UI it now says 0.1% of the people that have played it have the 2000 miles driven trophy, Does anybody know if there is a way to get it or a patch incoming? It could have been a dev testing the patch?

Wondering this too. Seems someone got lucky or it might be the dev.

Well I just tried again with no luck. I have a save with 1990 miles and. Know

trophy again   geesz. 

Edited by STARSCREAM_GI_
Just got it. Weird it took several tries of me reloading save but finally it popped. Off to Gran Turismo Sport. Gd luck seems you better save just before each mileage milestone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I did my Platinum yesterday and I noticed something. The first two days the trophies popped without any problems but on the third day my game crashed. 

PS4 said "Error in application". Nothing worse I thought, but from there on, I did not get any trophy anymore when I should have gotten one. BUT I always got the trophies a few races after I should have gotten it. So I won every Open Class Event ... no trophy ... drove career and during my 3rd or 4th race after this, suddenly it made "Bling". 

I also got my 100% Career and the 2000 miles trophies with this tactic.

For win all races at every map, the Baja 250, 500 and 1000 and a few other trophies I decided to start a new save game where every trophy popped without any problems again.

So I think, the trophies itself are not bugged, but the save game can crash (which happened to me). But like I said, I got every trophy a few races after I fulfilled the requirements.

Hope I could help you with this information and good luck for the rest of the game ;)

Edited by scheishaufen62
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2017 at 0:26 PM, scheishaufen62 said:

Hi

I did my Platinum yesterday and I noticed something. The first two days the trophies popped without any problems but on the third day my game crashed. 

PS4 said "Error in application". Nothing worse I thought, but from there on, I did not get any trophy anymore when I should have gotten one. BUT I always got the trophies a few races after I should have gotten it. So I won every Open Class Event ... no trophy ... drove career and during my 3rd or 4th race after this, suddenly it made "Bling". 

I also got my 100% Career and the 2000 miles trophies with this tactic.

For win all races at every map, the Baja 250, 500 and 1000 and a few other trophies I decided to start a new save game where every trophy popped without any problems again.

So I think, the trophies itself are not bugged, but the save game can crash (which happened to me). But like I said, I got every trophy a few races after I fulfilled the requirements.

Hope I could help you with this information and good luck for the rest of the game ;)

I still haven't encountered any kind of glitch, but after reading this, I'm backing up my save file before it gets corrupted or something like that. Thank you for the heads up!

• 4 months later...

I still have problems with the trophies. I finished the Baja 500 no trophy, oke my 100% career trophy popped while driving the Baja 500 so I will do something else.

Going for the Explorer trophy but guess what, not unlocking even if the stats say I have 5 out of 5 in every map.

So now I have 2 trophies that did not unlocked

Raced a few circuit races in the hope they would unlock, but no....

• 4 years later...
On 5/15/2018 at 4:10 PM, LionSharky said:

I still have problems with the trophies. I finished the Baja 500 no trophy, oke my 100% career trophy popped while driving the Baja 500 so I will do something else.

Going for the Explorer trophy but guess what, not unlocking even if the stats say I have 5 out of 5 in every map.

So now I have 2 trophies that did not unlocked

Raced a few circuit races in the hope they would unlock, but no....

Hi 

this recently happened to me I was blazing thru the game day by day everything went ok 

then one day game crashed , I got the 1000 miles trophy under 60 ish miles but then the trophies from finish all open , specific locations , 15 / 25 cars & discovery not unlocking. 

at random when I went online the all open trophy unlocked 

the specific location began to unlock randomly as I race .

vehicles n discovery trophy still haven’t unlocked

how can I remedy this , beside starting over as what will make ‘em pop quicker 

tried closing and relaunching, deleting n reinstalling 

21 hours ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

Hi 

this recently happened to me I was blazing thru the game day by day everything went ok 

then one day game crashed , I got the 1000 miles trophy under 60 ish miles but then the trophies from finish all open , specific locations , 15 / 25 cars & discovery not unlocking. 

at random when I went online the all open trophy unlocked 

the specific location began to unlock randomly as I race .

vehicles n discovery trophy still haven’t unlocked

how can I remedy this , beside starting over as what will make ‘em pop quicker 

tried closing and relaunching, deleting n reinstalling 

Hi,

kind of unrelated to this thread, but i’ve attempted to platinum this game back in mid 2021, every trophy worked fine for me until i got the trophy for reaching 1k miles, after that I wasn’t able to get a single other trophy to unlock, back then i remember someone telling me that playing on version 1.00 all the trophies worked fine and nothing was glitched (apart from horrible visual bugs (i’m talking bout epilepsy type bugs with textures flickering etc) “apparently” he told me that when they released version 1.02 they made the game easier as it was ‘supposedly’ to difficult, fixed the visual glitches, however also simultaneously broke the trophies doing so. 

i am currently replaying the game on version 1.00 with a disk (as savefiles aren’t compatible on earlier versions) and i will keep the forums up-to-date if the trophies really do work fine on version 1.00. So far i was able to pop the “invitational races” trophy with no issues. And i will keep the forums up to date if i experience no issues, and will also make a proper trophy guide if there’s interest in that. 

a small thing to note is that this game on XBOX has achievements also (of course) however the achievements for the XBOX version are more than the Playstation version, however the trophies that are the same do have different descriptions so i wonder if those descriptions also count for the Playstation version, here’s a link to the XBOX achievements list;

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/baja-edge-of-control-hd/guide/

EDIT: i wanted to clarify a bit more on the difference in the XBOX vs Playstation trophies. 

Example 1;
Playstation  

Trophy: “Career complete!”

Description: “Completed 100% of the Career”

XBOX 

Achievement: “Career Complete!” 
Description: “Complete the entire career by finishing 1st in every league and invitational tournament.”

Example 2;

Playstation  

Trophy: “Won all Cabo San Lucas races”

Description: “Finished 1st in every race in Cabo San Lucas.”

XBOX 

Achievement: “Won all Cabo San Lucas races”
Description: “Finish 1st in every race with the AI and Laps set to 5 or more in Cabo San Lucas.”

i feel like the XBOX requirement are the ones we have to meet too, but that they just half-assed the Playstation version. I will test if this is true or not. 

furthermore i do also think (again i’m not far enough into the game yet to say for certain this is the case) that the person who told me about nothing being broken in version 1.00 might indeed be correct as the game is much harder than I remember. I remember not having any issues even with the Open Class races, but now it seems almost impossible to get in first place every since i reached the mini truck class, i tried for 3 hours straight yesterday and couldn’t even get close to the nr. 1. 

again, i will test all these theories to say for certain, but it seems like they’re true. 

Edited by spellenboy
Clarifications

Update : 

I agree this happened to me after the 1000mes trophy too .

before yesterday like I said I bought 25 cars and it didn’t pop 

now I got the complete all races on salt flat and Chile as I was doing rally races … weird ?!

yesterday I sold 16 cars then bought a car to make it 15 nothing happened, played for a while and nothing , sold 1 car then I backed out to main screen then closed the game , relaunched it bought a car then I got the 15 and the trophy poped after I bought the 25th I got it too 

3 days that car bought trophies glitched on me 

Also I won all open class challenges and even did the Mongolian falls one outside of career and it didn’t pop , on the 2nd day I did the go to race quit n back out to main menu like 6 times n nothing ….. BUT I went to online chose quick race option then the trophy poped on car select before free roam lobby …… ok weird ?!

I did all discoveries and got 5 out 5 on all zones and 2 days it didn’t pop , tried to go on each map again and rediscovered 1 on each map and quit out but nothing yet . 

now I only have trophy truck leagues to do and hope I get 100% career and remaining all track wins ……. Sigh … I’ll see how it goes . 

Note : I’m playing the game from PS Extra lineup digitally on latest update 

15 hours ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

Update : 

I agree this happened to me after the 1000mes trophy too .

before yesterday like I said I bought 25 cars and it didn’t pop 

now I got the complete all races on salt flat and Chile as I was doing rally races … weird ?!

yesterday I sold 16 cars then bought a car to make it 15 nothing happened, played for a while and nothing , sold 1 car then I backed out to main screen then closed the game , relaunched it bought a car then I got the 15 and the trophy poped after I bought the 25th I got it too 

3 days that car bought trophies glitched on me 

Also I won all open class challenges and even did the Mongolian falls one outside of career and it didn’t pop , on the 2nd day I did the go to race quit n back out to main menu like 6 times n nothing ….. BUT I went to online chose quick race option then the trophy poped on car select before free roam lobby …… ok weird ?!

I did all discoveries and got 5 out 5 on all zones and 2 days it didn’t pop , tried to go on each map again and rediscovered 1 on each map and quit out but nothing yet . 

now I only have trophy truck leagues to do and hope I get 100% career and remaining all track wins ……. Sigh … I’ll see how it goes . 

Note : I’m playing the game from PS Extra lineup digitally on latest update 

here’s an update from me playing on version 1.00: 

i’m still working my way through the career (i’m halfway through the trophy truck class) so i can’t comment on the career or other the other 1st place trophies, however i’ve driven over 1300 miles and when I bought the cheapest baja bug over and over i was able to get both “buy 15 and 25 vehicles” trophies without any issues. I will continue to test more, but the signs really do lean towards that version 1.00 has NO trophy related glitches.

Edited by spellenboy

3 hours ago, spellenboy said:

here’s an update from me playing on version 1.00: 

i’m still working my way through the career (i’m halfway through the trophy truck class) so i can’t comment on the career or other the other 1st place trophies, however i’ve driven over 1300 miles and when I bought the cheapest baja bug over and over i was able to get both “buy 15 and 25 vehicles” trophies without any issues. I will continue to test more, but the signs really do lean towards that version 1.00 has NO trophy related glitches.

Update 2

i completed career all gold and the trophy didn’t pop , I’m missing a few invitations races that I still didn’t unlock are those related to the trophy . 

discovery trophy didn’t pop yet 

been getting all races won as I did the trophy truck league races , I’m missing San Lucas and painted desert 

I’m almost at 2000 miles but I don’t know what will happen now as I’m kinda shish kababed now . 

FFS if things went normally I would have got the platinum now 

3 hours ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

Update 2

i completed career all gold and the trophy didn’t pop , I’m missing a few invitations races that I still didn’t unlock are those related to the trophy . 

discovery trophy didn’t pop yet 

been getting all races won as I did the trophy truck league races , I’m missing San Lucas and painted desert 

I’m almost at 2000 miles but I don’t know what will happen now as I’m kinda shish kababed now . 

FFS if things went normally I would have got the platinum now 

short update 2 from my version 1.00 side:

i just got gold on all leagues in the career mode and the trophy again unlocked without any issues for me. I only completed 5 invitational races that are needed for the seperate trophy. next i will complete all baja’s rally’s because in atleast some if not all also include tracks needed for the “won all” trophies. (I have been told), i again will test this further, but again it seems like playing on version 1.00 isn’t causing any issues.

Edited by spellenboy

2 hours ago, spellenboy said:

short update 2 from my version 1.00 side:

i just got gold on all leagues in the career mode and the trophy again unlocked without any issues for me. I only completed 5 invitational races that are needed for the seperate trophy. next i will complete all baja’s rally’s because in atleast some if not all also include tracks needed for the “won all” trophies. (I have been told), i again will test this further, but again it seems like playing on version 1.00 isn’t causing any issues.

Good to know 

well I’m in trouble now as in latest version of my digital game . 

I’ll play around the leagues hopefully to unlock the 100% career n 2000 miles if I’m lucky with win all in Lucas n painted desert too

explorer isn’t unlocking at all yet but if get the above I’ll start a new save file to get that hopefully. 

is there a way to downgrade the version of the game officially. 

cuz it’s the digital version i don’t have a disk