Yokozuna Glitch

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NUFC4LIFE001 said:

@madbuk wouldn't that be physical instead of the downloaded version?.

If I 

1. buy the disc, buy dlc and Boost the online.

2. Delete all files for this game on my console except dlc.

3. Play with no internet

Then surely this should work right? Or is the patch in the dlc?

If you own it on disc I assume all you need to do is delete the game data, but I'm not sure as I got it digital. You can download the DLC without the patch, I think.

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

If you own it on disc I assume all you need to do is delete the game data, but I'm not sure as I got it digital. You can download the DLC without the patch, I think.

Ok thanks for the quick reply I will give it ago I can't see how it wouldn't if the updates are gone and if not I have to do it the hard way.

I had done most of the expert times on the Wii u version a couple years ago, the last corner on the snow track was the killer though I have to get gud there I guess lol

• 4 years later...

The Yokozuna glitch does indeed work in the Vita version. I had the patch installed and no DLC, and the trophy still unlocked upon beating Sunshine Coast (Mirror)'s Expert Ghost with Sonic (Standard Mod). I hadn't done any other Staff Ghost just in case it matters, but according to this post, that doesn't seem to matter either.

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 3:38 PM, madbuk said:

It isn't working on PS3 but you can delete the patch (if you own it digitally, you have to delete the whole game and redownload). I dont think it was ever patched on Vita but I cant really remember

Sorry to bring up an old post, but unless I’m missing something, my PS3 digital version is stuck on version 1.01. Game still prompts me to update to version 1.02. 

Digital games are stored somewhere else whereas for physical disc games, you can easily delete the game data including the patches and play on version 1.00.

EDIT: Turns out the trophy unlocks if you just ignore the prompt to install version 1.02 since apparently that was the one to patch out the exploit. For anyone reading this who has the digital version of the game, you will unlock Yokozuna if it says version 1.01.

Edited by AJ_Radio

• 2 months later...

Good Lord I’m such a dummy.

For years I’ve been thinking the Yokozuna glitch had to be done on the “Outrun Bay (Mirror)” DLC track on time attack but for some reason the trophy would never unlock for me due to a unique bug on my account and it was only recently did I realise I was beating an expert difficulty ghost on the wrong track.

Reading “Sunshine Tour” had me confused thinking it was a name for a “World Tour” chapter instead of being the name for one of the three tracks returning from the previous game (Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, better than Transformed in my opinion).