Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Perfect_Sinn

how is the online these days

8 posts in this topic

hi all, i am just about to start this game and i was wondering if the online trophies are still doable, if any one knows please let me know, it would seem people still play the game 

Trophies are still doable, but online is super, super dead. Most (if not all) WRC Games have almost no online community. I really recommend getting yourself a boosting partner over at the Gaming Sessions page.

P.S: A good (although not always trustworthy) way to check whether a game´s servers are still online is to go to the online trophy of a certain game, and look at the Recent Achievers list. Someone did one of WRC4´s online trophies on September 23rd, this very much hints at the servers still being up and running. :) 

Edited by d1l2e3v4

40 minutes ago, d1l2e3v4 said:

Trophies are still doable, but online is super, super dead. Most (if not all) WRC Games have almost no online community. I really recommend getting yourself a boosting partner over at the Gaming Sessions page.

P.S: A good (although not always trustworthy) way to check whether a game´s servers are still online is to go to the online trophy of a certain game, and look at the Recent Achievers list. Someone did one of WRC4´s online trophies on September 23rd, this very much hints at the servers still being up and running. :) 

However, If you see a recent online achiever, then find out the servers are actually closed...you need to make sure to report those "cheaters" so they can removed from the leaderboards.

Related image

The online is pretty empty and hard to find players online , i played WRC 4 on Vita and the online trophies are simple and fast to do however i had the help of a boosting partner to be abel to do without spending too much time and bother . I advise you to do the same to get the online portion done quickly and soon as possible .

3 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

However, If you see a recent online achiever, then find out the servers are actually closed...you need to make sure to report those "cheaters" so they can removed from the leaderboards.

Related image

That's that mean that the online servers for WRC 4 are already shut down ? I wasn't expecting that , i played the online during this Summer , month of July i guess and they were still up and running .

35 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

The online is pretty empty and hard to find players online , i played WRC 4 on Vita and the online trophies are simple and fast to do however i had the help of a boosting partner to be abel to do without spending too much time and bother . I advise you to do the same to get the online portion done quickly and soon as possible .

That's that mean that the online servers for WRC 4 are already shut down ? I wasn't expecting that , i played the online during this Summer , month of July i guess and they were still up and running .

Don't know if they are or aren't shut down. Was just letting the user know for general purpose reasons, not this specific title.

servers are still up but online comunity is pretty dead, but i will try and get some other players in a group as im very sure i am not the only one playing this lol

In my experience the online servers for WRC 4 are still very much alive for at least the PS3 version of the game. In the past week I had no trouble doing the 50 or so stages required to get to 3 hours. No boosting was needed at all. I met about 25 different players in that time ranging from level 1 to level 100.

Please note:

- I am in EU and only tried in the evening (during both the weekends and weekdays.)

- Having trouble connecting to a random game using "Quick match"? So did I. It would mostly tell me that I had been disconnected from PSN (which was not true). Do what I did and just create a lobby yourself. During 'prime time' (see previous point) a player would usually connect within a couple of minutes.

- Other people will likely join after some time. I had my lobby filled with 4 tot 6 players regularly.

- I also platted the Vita version some time ago and there the server activity was a little less, though I was still able to find plenty of games by being persistent.

So anyway, you can safely start this game. Good luck! (Please do not add me for boosting this game, no matter how much I love it I already platted and deinstalled it in favour of new projects :) )

Edited by pinkrobot_pb