Valhalla, NG+, etc, tips, tricks and cheats?

Karmikazee

First let me say, in my sixties, and am a mediocre player at best. But want to try getting plat so any help to make it easier would greatly appreciated. 

Am thinking that easiest method would be to complete on easy, (with one character) then use the equipment gained from that playthru to do the insane difficulty Valhalla playthru with other character. 

Does this make sense? Also if you do backup saves can you reload them if you die in Valhalla? And do you have to be offline you it to work?

Finally if playing (online) multiplayer, if a character is ko'd in Valhalla mode, can you still relive them or does the save get automatically wiped?

Any other tips or advice? Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

The Valhalla playthrough has to be fresh, in other words, no NG+. Also, you cannot backup a save, you will still lose your character in death.

My advice to you is use your bow, attack from a distance. 

Also, the first mission in the snow is brutally hard, but don't let it get you down. It gets much easier after that, but you will likely have to do some grinding with the raid missions.

Finally, make sure you don't go to the main menu of your playstation without pausing your game, as the game keeps running. I died. Weeks of work down the drain.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Machiavelli007 said:

The Valhalla playthrough has to be fresh, in other words, no NG+. Also, you cannot backup a save, you will still lose your character in death.

My advice to you is use your bow, attack from a distance. 

Also, the first mission in the snow is brutally hard, but don't let it get you down. It gets much easier after that, but you will likely have to do some grinding with the raid missions.

Finally, make sure you don't go to the main menu of your playstation without pausing your game, as the game keeps running. I died. Weeks of work down the drain.

So using PS+ or USB stick doesn't work for a back up save?

• 4 weeks later...
On 14.12.2017 at 7:56 AM, Machiavelli007 said:

Unfortunately, no. Gotta earn it the hard way.

Actually for sure it works for 1.0 game version. But this version has insane amount of glitches, bugs and unbalanced damage done by enemies, so by us. Also i can confirm that Ringer of Runes trophy works in this version (1.0).

• 3 weeks later...

For players with no pride (like me!) discovered a really cheesy to make Valhalla mode a joke. If you have a friend to play co-op with, or can find someone who has a NG+ save, have them invite you into their game to do some high level hunts . Then just let them go ahead of you and kill everything while you follow behind collecting the blood.

Doing the final hunt in the game (Fire Giants) you can level up to about 25 or higher in about one & half hours or so.

Not only that, once you get up to a certain level you can equip the NG+ equipment. (think it was around lv 26) For example the Skathi bow (or whatever it's called) is about 850 damage, but the greatbow from the village is over 1100.

Thanks to my friend took about 3 hours prep work then just breezed through and was easier than playing on peasant mode.

(Please don't pm me asking for help with this, after having to to re-do the vanilla version 3 times to get the bugged Ringer of Runes trophy, am so burnt with this game! Sorry.) Sure you could find help on the boosting sessions if you don't have a friend with the game.

Edited by Karmikazee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are at any point where you feel you are about to go down - simply pause and go back to the village (sure you need to start the mission again, but in the early going, you need the XP anyway) The other option is to quit out to XMB and then restart the game. You will then start the game at the last checkpoint you crossed for that particular mission. So, actually, this is about as much help as you need until you get to about level 6-7.

I agree the first snow level is a killer. You just gotta go back and forth from the fire. Take out a few of the enemies then go back to warm up. No choice in the matter when it's so early in the game.

Craft new weapons as soon as you can. No secret there, but I was only really using weapons that dropped in the missions. I then found that there was a goblin bow and pickaxe that I could have made that increased my damage by about 30% or so..... It was far more manageable by then. Once I hit level 7 and was at the 5th mission I can say its been smooth sailing. This is on the hardest difficulty as well.

• 2 years later...

I am going to test something tonight. I have a cloud save at the final boss. I beat the game on Valhalla Mode, got the trophies and reloaded the cloud save. I haven't found anything online that says you can't change the difficulty to Insane then beat the final boss, so I am going to try that out. The other thing I wanted to try was starting a new game instead of continuing. I have a level 30 character and am wondering if I start a new game at level 30 or if that character resets to level 1. Since it isn't NG+ yet, I thought it worthwhile to check.

I definitely recommend the Helga sell glitch. It still works today. I used it to stockpile on resources, then craft a legendary+unique item (orange quality) for every slot. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kallume said:

I am going to test something tonight. I have a cloud save at the final boss. I beat the game on Valhalla Mode, got the trophies and reloaded the cloud save. I haven't found anything online that says you can't change the difficulty to Insane then beat the final boss, so I am going to try that out. 

Confirmed that changing the difficulty for the last boss only does not pop the trophy for hardest diff 

15 hours ago, Kallume said:

The other thing I wanted to try was starting a new game instead of continuing. I have a level 30 character and am wondering if I start a new game at level 30 or if that character resets to level 1. Since it isn't NG+ yet, I thought it worthwhile to check.

New game resets your character to level 1 and deletes all your gear. Not many methods to cheese Insane diff.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm really into this game, I really like it. Since Torchlight on Xbox 360 I wasn't so into a game from this genre.

Looking forward to Torchlight II. Torchlight III I'm playing it on Xbox One, it's easy but really long. I liked it the first 20 hours, later on, I decided not to buy it on PS4 ever.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, ChristianHenares said:

Looking forward to Torchlight II. Torchlight III I'm playing it on Xbox One, it's easy but really long. I liked it the first 20 hours, later on, I decided not to buy it on PS4 ever.

Torchlight 2 is better than 3, but it's still pretty long. If you're going for plat on Torchlight 2, the main campaign is fairly fun, but the trophy for getting to level 100 was such a long, boring grind that I was pretty much hating that game by the time I finally got plat.

I'd recommend Titan Quest instead.  It's also long, but a MUCH richer experience in terms of character progession and leveling than Torchlight was.

• Like 1

Titan Quest probably I will try it after Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, because many people is talking really good about this game. Thanks.

I'm really loving Vikings: Wolves of Midgard. It's kinda sad that these games have such a wonderful lore but such a stupid clown storyline.  Definitely I think I will get 100% on Xbox One on this game too.