Uncharted 3 loading problem

• 3 months later...

this happen to me on Uncharted 2, the first time i install it and started it was on my brother account, he played it from start to finish and unlocked the coop online trophy as well, the game run with no problem at first, but then i played it on my own account and beats it, but on my second playthrough the game crashed at the chapter where nathan & helena are climbing the mountain & someone came parking a truck, i died at that part and the game started to go to ( infinite loading screen ) since uncharted series never had any loading screen after the installing, after then i never been able to enjoy beating the game as it crush at the same spot even if i did not die, even at my brother's account.

plus i couldn't even played it online, while it's trying to connect to the server the game tells me it failed syncing the character's modelings, but when i got another copy of the game the limited edition from a friend of mine it works with no problems, it only needed to be installed as the installing data of the standard version don't works with the the limited edition.  

• 1 month later...

I never experienced this with U1 or U2 and haven't played U3 (yet) but I would suggest deleting your game data (not save data) and reinstalling it.

Does it mean you lose all your progress or you can copy your save data and use it again later?

Does it mean you lose all your progress or you can copy your save data and use it again later?

I never experienced this with U1 or U2 and haven't played U3 (yet) but I would suggest deleting your game data (not save data) and reinstalling it.

He clearly states Game Data. Game data never affects anything.

The only thing it does is make you install patches again and/or part of the game (if it's mandatory like Fallout 3).

He clearly states Game Data. Game data never affects anything.

The only thing it does is make you install patches again and/or part of the game (if it's mandatory like Fallout 3).

So if I delete my game data and reinstall the game leaving the save files I will keep my progress?

So if I delete my game data and reinstall the game leaving the save files I will keep my progress?

I mean espacially unlocking the crusing mode and the chapters finished because I'm re-playing the game on crushing?

Thats it.

Your game data and save data are in different folders on the PS3 so you shouldnt delete the wrong one accidently.

Also the game data will likely have a much older date on it than the your save data

So crushing mode should be unlocked and the chapters finished count when I reinstall the game?

I mean espacially unlocking the crusing mode and the chapters finished because I'm re-playing the game on crushing?

So crushing mode should be unlocked and the chapters finished count when I reinstall the game?

Dude. Game Data is the data of the GAME. It houses the patches, the dlc and in some cases install data of the game like Metal Gear Rising and Fallout 3.

Save data is your SAVEs. Both are in Different places, saves in the saves folder and game data in Game Utility or Data Utility (kinda forgot the name).

Never is deleting GAME data will affect your saves. Although it will render some games unplayable until the Game data is recovered. Best example is Dark Souls. If you play with the 1.07 patch, delete the Game Data, then you can't play with the characters you made with that patch because they are missing "data".

So unless its one of those games where patches is all you need, Game data affects nothing. Not now nor ever.

So stop freaking out dude xD

Dude. Game Data is the data of the GAME. It houses the patches, the dlc and in some cases install data of the game like Metal Gear Rising and Fallout 3.

Save data is your SAVEs. Both are in Different places, saves in the saves folder and game data in Game Utility or Data Utility (kinda forgot the name).

Never is deleting GAME data will affect your saves. Although it will render some games unplayable until the Game data is recovered. Best example is Dark Souls. If you play with the 1.07 patch, delete the Game Data, then you can't play with the characters you made with that patch because they are missing "data".

So unless its one of those games where patches is all you need, Game data affects nothing. Not now nor ever.

So stop freaking out dude xD

You still didn't answer my question :)

I know the difference between game data and save files but if it's the problem with save file deleting game data and reinstalling the game will give you notihng.

That may be true, but it's your best bet. Just try deleting game data and reinstalling the game, and keep your save files. The game progress you've had until that point will remain the same that way. If it's still not working correctly after the reinstall, then there's not much more to be done.

Also, if it's the save file that's messed up in some way, try loading an earlier save maybe.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

That may be true, but it's your best bet. Just try deleting game data and reinstalling the game, and keep your save files. The game progress you've had until that point will remain the same that way. If it's still not working correctly after the reinstall, then there's not much more to be done.

Also, if it's the save file that's messed up in some way, try loading an earlier save maybe.

Thank you.

On some forums people say that starting the game from another ps3 profile might solve the problerm.

Do you have any experience with this method?

• 2 weeks later...

When I had the "spinning ring" infinite load problem, it was because I had a dirty disc (oo-er).

I recommend making sure your U3 disc is *spotless* - I had thought my disc was clean, but there was a little smudge of a fingerprint on the outer rim of the disc. I cleaned that off, and it loaded again straight away.

Seems silly, I know, but the U3 disc is apparently prone to error.

(I subsequently bought a copy of U3 from the PSN Store and have had no problems whatsoever with it).