Automatic Updates : Choose when you want

TheMexiTV

Hello all :)

@grimydawg, I will wait fo his respons then !

@dalailama1989, that's true, I didn't think about this, but if profiles have some sort of an option to "block" automatic update, only the owner of the profile, when this person is logged, can update it.

@markcavan, I view it more for people who doesn't want to have small update but more like big updates.

In my case, I like to update my profile when I get a platinum trophy and only at this particular moment.

I'm not interested in updating for small trophies (like bronze ones), that's why !

1 hour ago, Mexi-- said:

@markcavan, I view it more for people who doesn't want to have small update but more like big updates.

In my case, I like to update my profile when I get a platinum trophy and only at this particular moment.

I'm not interested in updating for small trophies (like bronze ones), that's why !

I understand - why not 1) hide the game you are playing then or 2) disable the sync on your PSVita/PS3 or PS4 until you want it added to your public profile.

I think what you're suggesting is fitting as a premium feature, I say this because manual updating with premium allows you to update yourself every minute, although spamming it does get you an IP block eventually. I do think it would be good to also allow members to set whether other people can update them or whether only they can update themselves, I'm sure some people might be annoyed when they go to update themselves but someone else already did it. I say this for standard members, since they can only update every hour, so sometimes they need to wait an hour to update their newest platinum on the website because someone else updated them before they got the platinum but within the hour. Considering flagging people is no-longer a premium feature, I think this would likely fit in well as a replacement, as it is trophy list oriented. 

Edited by Sergen

Hello everyone :)

Any news about thing idea or possibility ?

@markcavan As far I as know, it's impossible to setup this configuration on the PS4.

PlayStation even made recently an update for the synch trophy system, making it more faster (uploading the info on their servers) and more often (you don't even have to click on the trophy icon on your PS4).

I discover this looking for information about it and that's part why I'm asking this question on the forum, the synchs being more frequent, that sort of "mess up" the fact that I want to choose when updating or not, especially on PSNProfiles which is also linked with my Twitter account.

And I certainly don't want 20 tweets with only just 1 bronze there or 1 silver there.

I want the full update status (e.g. : 1 plat, 2 gold, 6 silver 15 bronze)

12 hours ago, markcavan said:

If this is really important to you then just disconnect the PS4 from the internet so it will not sync your trophies - simple :-)

It’s not so viable solution, as PS4 doesn’t allow playing online games without internet connection.

Don't really have a stake in this race, but i'm kinda confused as to why this matters? I get that it's personal opinion and whatnot, but why care if your account updates. 

1.Its going to either way in the long run if you update it manually.

2.Seems like putting together a system to prevent auto updates would be work for no reason. 

If you aren't interested in seeing every trophy get updated then just don't be interested. It hurts you in no way. So why bother?

• Like 1