Platinum Trophy for FF9 near impossible?

Alantor32

I'm not so sure about how impossible it is..

The 1000 jumps is the skill factor trophy, but since there's so much many people with it, then with trophies that require no skill (specially when abusing the 9999 damage), leads me to think there's a work-a-round for the jumps..

Personaly, I think it may be possible to get using a turbo controller (the reason why I'm buying one myself), but I have no confirmation on that.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm not so sure about how impossible it is..

The 1000 jumps is the skill factor trophy,m but since there's so much many people with it, then with trophies that require no skill (specially when abusing the 9999 damage), leads me to think there's a work-a-round for the jumps..

Personaly, I think it may be possible to get using a turbo controller (the reason why I'm buying one myself), but I have no confirmation on that.

I've heard others on the "Trophy thoughts" thread have tried and it's said it doesn't work very well because of the difference in speed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

The jump-rope and the Excal II trophy puts a lot of people off I'm sure, not an easy feat speedrunning FFIX.

While not everyone will want to use them the cheats make getting Excal II super easy as long as you don't use the ones that disable trophies, so it's really just jumprope that makes the plat difficult.

27 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

Was that minigame really that tough? Sure it was 15 years ago but I don't remember having that much trouble getting to 1000 jumps back then.

I explained this in the other thread, but the PS1 version of the skipping rope is significantly easier, especially if you had the PAL version which is 50hz. 

Why, you ask? 1) Input lag (modern TVs) 2) The speech bubbles turn black once you hit X button. 

26 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

The jump-rope and the Excal II trophy puts a lot of people off I'm sure, not an easy feat speedrunning FFIX.

I did it in 3 hours and 58 minutes last night, while taking some extra time to collect all the ATEs as I somehow missed one the first time. It's an absolute joke with the fast speed and 9999.

1 minute ago, ID-69 said:

I explained this in the other thread, but the PS1 version of the skipping rope is significantly easier, especially if you had the PAL version which is 50hz. 

Why, you ask? 1) Input lag (modern TVs) 2) The speech bubbles turn black once you hit X button. 

Ah, right. I keep forgetting about good ol' 50hz. Sonic was kinda slow around these parts. European gravity. Akira Toriyama stole the idea to create those training rooms in DBZ.

3 hours ago, Meacham said:

I've heard others on the "Trophy thoughts" thread have tried and it's said it doesn't work very well because of the difference in speed. 

Ok, well I will still get the controller since it's useful to auto-grind other stuff..

I just tough it was possible to mash our way to the 1000 jumps..

Also, after looking at GameFAQs, apparently some people made a script to do it.. that's likely why there are so many people with it when compared to other less skill related trophies..

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, well I will still get the controller since it's useful to auto-grind other stuff..

I just tough it was possible to mash our way to the 1000 jumps..

Also, after looking at GameFAQs, apparently some people made a script to do it.. that's likely why there are so many people with it when compared to other less skill related trophies..

Yeah man, turbo would be good for other things. I would of thought it worked to and hats off to them. Once more people use it, should be a simple enough platinum.

The turbo would be perfect for two scenes when grinding kills because the enemies come to you. Otherwise you'd have to run around.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:39 PM, TOAST13TOA5T said:

The speedrunning one is piss easy with the cheats. It wasn't that hard to begin with if you just watched someone who does it. It could be done in less than 9 hours and you only need to do it in less than 12 hours, so that's plenty of time to waste. With the cheats and the speedhack not even affecting the timer, that trophy is just a waste of 10 hours as it is now. Everyone can do it easily, with no kind of guidance or deep knowledge of the game etc. Very disappointed about that.

10k kills will probably be a bit too much grind for many. The 1k rope jump will definitely be the hardest thing for the plat.

So those 3 trophies alone will make it remain ultra rare. There are also a lot of missable trophies, adding to the chance of people not doing 100%.

But only hard thing is the 1k rope jumps. The rest is piss easy. :( 

49 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The speedrunning one is piss easy with the cheats. It wasn't that hard to begin with if you just watched someone who does it. It could be done in less than 9 hours and you only need to do it in less than 12 hours, so that's plenty of time to waste. With the cheats and the speedhack not even affecting the timer, that trophy is just a waste of 10 hours as it is now. Everyone can do it easily, with no kind of guidance or deep knowledge of the game etc. Very disappointed about that.

10k kills will probably be a bit too much grind for many. The 1k rope jump will definitely be the hardest thing for the plat.

So those 3 trophies alone will make it remain ultra rare. There are also a lot of missable trophies, adding to the chance of people not doing 100%.

But only hard thing is the 1k rope jumps. The rest is piss easy. :( 

To reiterate how easy Excal2 is on the PS4 version, I did it in 3 hours and 10 minutes or so. 

The ATE trophy will also remain ultra rare, since you need to have less than 100 gil at a point in Disk 3 for an ATE and no one will ever be at that state of poverty unless they know they have to be. There's also things in Treno which lock you out of ATEs, and the final ATE you need to fail a puzzle repeatedly.

Edited by Griffon234