Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Trophy Thoughts

Looking at the list, most of the trophies from the PS3 version are there. There are now trophies for the Bitterblack Isle DLC which is good. There are also trophies for completing the game on Hard mode which I don’t mind but there is a trophy for completing the game in Speedrun mode which I don’t care for. Either way I’ll be playing and platting the game and I’m also thinking of making it my 200th plat as I had an absolute blast playing it on PS3.

Having a look at the Dragon’s Dogma wiki, Speedrun mode isn’t so much about completing it as quickly as possible but more that it’s a permadeath mode. It can be completed using a save game with all stats and equipment carrying over so going into it at max level should make it pretty easy. Online pawns will not be accessible, only your own pawn and premade Capcom pawns.

Edited by FilmFanatic
Added Speedrun info
  • Like 3

It's nice they added new trophies but I'll go ahead and pass on this since I already Plat the PS3 version. Sucks to see the Well Equipped trophy is still there, that one was really annoying.

• Like 1

As I skipped over the original game, I don't really know what I'm getting myself into. I still plan on picking it up, but the speedrun trophy turns me off. Just not a fan of them :/ It's why I haven't started FF9 yet D:

All in all, it looks like a good list, despite that one!

5 hours ago, Valkynberg said:

As I skipped over the original game, I don't really know what I'm getting myself into. I still plan on picking it up, but the speedrun trophy turns me off. Just not a fan of them :/ It's why I haven't started FF9 yet D:

All in all, it looks like a good list, despite that one!

Based on the wiki description it will be very easy. You can set yourself up to do it in an hour, and the time to complete it doesn't matter, just have to finish it. 

• Like 1

I didn't get very far in the PS3 version so glad to have another go on PS4 (and it looks and plays much better than I remember ps3 version did). I'm going to do a blind playthrough on normal trying to get all the non-billboard quests and miscellaneous kill quests done, a run on hard to hit lv 200, get all equipment etc and will use a guide to set up the speed run (items to dupliate, where to set stones etc) and then will try speedrun. Looks achievable and not too time consuming once I have game knowledge from my first playthrough.

5 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Looking forward too playing it again either way, one of the best games I ever played, have it pre loaded. 

Is it just me or is the theme they give you for pre-ordering really bad? The dragon looks awful IMO...

Edited by Splathew

It's not an exceedingly hard trophy list.  It's harder than the original version, but the original (PS3) version's list wasn't exceedingly difficult so long as you kept a checklist of sorts for all the Quests.

Completing the main game on Hard won't be much of a challenge for anyone who waits until they're high level with good equipment.  Completing a speedrun isn't very hard, either, especially if you do a little prep beforehand such as scattering Portcrystals where they'll do you the most good.

16 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Online pawns will not be accessible, only your own pawn and premade Capcom pawns.

That's shit.  Won't be buying this game for that reason.  The whole point of pawns was to level them up to 200 and use them to make the game easier. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

36 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

That's shit.  Won't be buying this game for that reason.  The whole point of pawns was to level them up to 200 and use them to make the game easier. 

It’s Speedrun mode where online pawns aren’t available, assuming it’ll be like the PS3 version they will be available in a standard playthrough.

14 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

Seems like this port is only 30 fps. Capcom being lazy. There is no reason for this to not run at 60 fps, especially on a PS4 Pro if nothing else.

Well if they change it to 60 FPS stuff like in Kingdom Hearts can happen then and tbh i'd rather not have some undodgeable attack or bugs happening only because they thought they could double the FPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Well if they change it to 60 FPS stuff like in Kingdom Hearts can happen then and tbh i'd rather not have some undodgeable attack or bugs happening only because they thought they could double the FPS.

Sorry, but that's not a valid argument when there is already a PC port running at 60 fps without issues available. And Dragon's Dogma Online for PS4 is also running at 1080p60.

This is just Capcom being lazy.

Just a couple thoughts. First with online pawns not being available in speed run mode, is that going to be the only change in that mode, or at least the only one we know of at this point in time? And in regards to the speed run trophy, I don't see a time to beat or anything, it just simply says beat the game in speed run mode, nothing more. Based off of that I'm thinking it may be possible to take your time and beat the game at your leisure so long it's done in that mode with whatever all the restrictions may be. Yea the true speed run fanatics out there will be shooting for the fastest time but for us trophy fanatics, I'm just interested in that shiny trophy and having fun so this may not be nearly as bad of a trophy as people are making it out to be. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking based off the trophy description. 

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Level 200 and beating death is gonna be rough.

I didn't find the grind terrible once I remembered the item that increases exp, and everything in BBI doing a good job at giving decent amounts of exp.

Death was annoying but apparently some builds make him a joke. He's stupid easy to read too.

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I didn't find the grind terrible once I remembered the item that increases exp, and everything in BBI doing a good job at giving decent amounts of exp.

Death was annoying but apparently some builds make him a joke. He's stupid easy to read too.

Leveling up will take work but I completely agree that it won't be terrible thanks to the BBI. And I always used magic archer in the ps3 version, I had no problem with death as I was farming him for his potential drops, plus he gives great exp if I recall. I just didn't like how he would run away at times. As for his attacks, just gotta watch out for his instant death attack but as you also mention, it's easy to read. I'm just hoping to get that 9 Bolt upgrade a lot faster this time, had to farm Damion forever for that. But once you get those nicer skills from him, death will be easy regardless of class. 

58 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

Leveling up will take work but I completely agree that it won't be terrible thanks to the BBI. And I always used magic archer in the ps3 version, I had no problem with death as I was farming him for his potential drops, plus he gives great exp if I recall. I just didn't like how he would run away at times. As for his attacks, just gotta watch out for his instant death attack but as you also mention, it's easy to read. I'm just hoping to get that 9 Bolt upgrade a lot faster this time, had to farm Damion forever for that. But once you get those nicer skills from him, death will be easy regardless of class. 

I was a sorcerer so I had a bit of a rougher time. I made short work of most enemies with High Miasma. :devil: 

If I get this game I will try out the magic archer since it's supposedly one of the better builds.