Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Trophy Thoughts

You guys wanna know the sad part here. Sure, they added more trophies, but the 100% will be worth less on your PSN level. :P

So, yeah, the plat is going to be harder and take much longer, and it'll be worth less.

Edited by MMDE

This is one of those games I started playing on the PS3 and never finished...multiple times. Not because it wasn't good, but because I'd always get distracted by something else and forget how to play/where I was in the story. So glad they made it available on the PS4.

I don't mind the trophy list, but I don't really think speedruns or NG+ should exist in RPGs like this. These kinds of games emphasize character creation, exploring, leveling up, and completing quests. Trophies that require playing through the game multiple times, or rushing your experience, just seem out of place. The exception to this would be if NG+ is also hard mode...or at least offers some new challenges, like NG+ in the Dark Souls games.

That said, I look forward to finally seeing this game through!

So looking at the trophies can the platinum be completed in just two runs. There are 4 trophies associated with beating the game...

• The Sprinter: completed game in speed run mode
  • Hardened Veteran: completed game in hard mode
  • The Ever-Turning Wheel: completed the game a second time
  • Closure: put an end to all things (earned once you beat the game for the first time I think)

So I was thinking of having my first run be on hard mode and complete the game, that should unlock both hardened veteran and closure. Next, complete the game in speed run mode which I think should net you the sprinter and the ever-turning wheel. So instead of what might appear to be a 3 run plat could maybe be done in two? 

13 minutes ago, Valkynberg said:

That's plausible, unless the second completion implies a NG+ instead of just completing it a second time. 

Ever Turning Wheel required NG+ in the original.  It's probably the same here, but NG+ isn't very difficult because you're taking the character you built up over the first run of the game and LOLstomping stuff that doesn't get harder.

On October 2, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Killbomb said:

Hard mode is a joke if you save it for NG+ and couple it with the trophy for beating the game twice. Now to decide if I want to do it all again after spending 133 hours on the PC version.

I came to ask something like that, so NG+ won't be significantly harder by default? So it's good to do it in hard? Neat

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, sephirothdude said:

How come capcom took that awesome out of the game at the very beginning?

Sorry, havent played this version yet. Since i felt it would be a waste to buy it since i wouldnt have the time to finish it before TEW 2 came out. But what did they take out? Gonna look stupid for saying this. But please dont say that redickulous heavy metal at the title screen.

• 6 months later...

I accidentaly did choose retry in easy mode after 10 hours of gameplay.. My question would be, did I screw something on my road to platinium ? I did find game harder then what I usually encounter even in bloodsoul games in my personal opinion, so I wouldn't complain about difficulty after all.. But do I lose some chance for trophies ? Or perhaps I get less EXP or something ?

I would like to go through this game without checking trophy list and do it all on my own since wakes up nostalgy from old Gothic series :D

I am aware that I need to do NG+ in Hard mode and Speedrun for 3rd time but I was wondering..

Edited by Mazi7ps

@Mazi7ps

I don't think you screwed yourself out of the platinum.You're definitely not screwed out of the platinum just for changing the difficulty ,unless you were on your hard playthrough and then reverted back to an easier difficulty 

Edited by ApriIis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazi7ps said:

I accidentaly did choose retry in easy mode after 10 hours of gameplay.. My question would be, did I screw something on my road to platinium ? I did find game harder then what I usually encounter even in bloodsoul games in my personal opinion, so I wouldn't complain about difficulty after all.. But do I lose some chance for trophies ? Or perhaps I get less EXP or something ?

I would like to go through this game without checking trophy list and do it all on my own since wakes up nostalgy from old Gothic series :D

I am aware that I need to do NG+ in Hard mode and Speedrun for 3rd time but I was wondering..

I don't think Easy mode changes anything, you should earn the same amount of gold & exp when playing in normal mode. I do recommend using a guide for the Hero trophy, it's pretty difficult if you want to get it without a guide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazi7ps said:

One more question, I completed Hero trophy and completed NG, started NG+..is there any way switching to Hard mode in NG+ ? This feels really absurd easy now..

No.You have to start a new game.Choose hard mode from main menu and transfer your current save

48 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

No.You have to start a new game.Choose hard mode from main menu and transfer your current save

Oh.. i need to finish ng+ now while skipping most stuff for ng+ trophy.. then i will grind gold and equipment on hard. With speedrun thats 4 runs, luckily I enjoy this game.

Thanks

Wait wait ! Since i started ng+, if i go in menu and choose hard with existing save file, i keep everything and i get both trophies at end for 2nd completed time and hardened vteran ?

I do have Hero trophy so no reason for normal ng+ ?

Edited by Mazi7ps

50 minutes ago, Mazi7ps said:

Oh.. i need to finish ng+ now while skipping most stuff for ng+ trophy.. then i will grind gold and equipment on hard. With speedrun thats 4 runs, luckily I enjoy this game.

Thanks

Wait wait ! Since i started ng+, if i go in menu and choose hard with existing save file, i keep everything and i get both trophies at end for 2nd completed time and hardened vteran ?

I do have Hero trophy so no reason for normal ng+ ?

Yes.There is no need to do NG+  in normal.I got Ever-turning wheel and Veteran in the same playthrough.If you can play the Speedrun playthrough on Hard, you can combine all 3 trophies in one playthrough.But i don't know if you can put Hard difficulty in speedrun mode.

Also there is no need to grind money and equipment.If you farm the Ur-Dragon for the 200 level trophy you will get millions form selling the 20 wakestones each time

Just now, Mazi7ps said:

Thanks for this !

I tried ur Dragon on easy with level 52 and no way :) Will leave that for after beating hard mode.

Assuming that I can return to normal ng+ after beating hard ?

Yes you start a ng+ again.Ur-Dragon can only be fought in normal, regardless the difficulty your game is.The maximun exp you can get from him is 586.000.The Daimon (both forms) give 1.4 million with the same conditions (on easy or normal) and 2.8 million if you defeat him on hard.The conditions are

1) No main pawn 

2) No additional pawns or pawns that are 25 levels below your Arisen's level

3) Be under Weal when you defeat the Dragon or Daimon

13 minutes ago, Mazi7ps said:

I tried ur Dragon on easy with level 52 and no way :) Will leave that for after beating hard mode.

If all you want is the trophy, fight the offline Ur-Dragon for that.  The online dragon is meant to be a "community" event, with an HP pool to match, and it isn't something you can solo.  On the other hand, the offline dragon is pretty easy and most informed parties of decent strength stand a very good chance of taking that variant out in a single round without need to exit the Chamber of Lament and come back.

• 4 months later...

I've already platinumed the vanilla version on PS3. The list is basically the same with few new trophies about Bitterblack Isle, leveling, hard and speedrun mode. They are not hard to get, perhaps some are a bit time consuming. Watch out for The Hero which is highly missable, i've bad memories about it (i remember to have missed Valmiro quests) but this time i'm ready. On the other side i cannot stand speedrun trophies...

Dragon's Dogma is one of the best rpg ever.

Edited by DeathNyx