Hilarious trophy list. Fractured But Whole

> Ha, love that they made it a gold trophy of all things to force people to do a playthrough as a black kid.

OMG. Some people (basically SJW types) are gonna lose their shit over some of these trophies.

Is it racist or not to make people play who aren't black or don't want to be black to play a game just for a trophy? On the other hand, isn't singling out black people racist to white people?

I like most people don't care. It's just a game.

But wow, I think there's a storm coming, need to go and get myself some popcorn before the insane people of the Internet get wind of this and start to come out in full force.

• Like 2

The trophy list looks great! Great images, milestone trophies, obscure trophies, platinum trophy (of course). I didn't end up finishing the first game but that's because I wasn't as in to RPGs at the time as I am now. I'm balls-deep in to Final Fantasy XII right now and I'll probably finish it soon.

Also I want to quickly address how a trophy says finish the game as a black kid since other people are talking about it. If I'm not mistaken, the difficulty slider changes the colour of your characters skin so all the trophy is basically saying is finish the game on the hardest difficulty. But addressing that aspect of the game itself, Isn't saying that the darker your skin is, the harder your life will be basically the exact opposite of racism? It's honestly the most politically correct thing I've heard coming out of South Park in recent memory. I don't really care at all either way but I thought I'd just say that because I was kind of surprised when I heard someone I know say that it is racist (he's not of African-decent, nor does he actually care about it that much).

Also something that I just spotted is that the trophy for finishing the game as a black kid (the hardest difficulty) is titled "The Token Experience", that pretty much confirms they intend to say it's harder to live life as a black person.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 3

It's interesting that Morgan Freeman is in this game since the guy in recent weeks seems to have gone a bit loopy.

So the colour of your skin in this game is the difficulty? Wow. That's going to go down well with certain people (or not)

Edited by enaysoft

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

> Ha, love that they made it a gold trophy of all things to force people to do a playthrough as a black kid.

OMG. Some people (basically SJW types) are gonna lose their shit over some of these trophies.

Is it racist or not to make people play who aren't black or don't want to be black to play a game just for a trophy? On the other hand, isn't singling out black people racist to white people?

I like most people don't care. It's just a game.

But wow, I think there's a storm coming, need to go and get myself some popcorn before the insane people of the Internet get wind of this and start to come out in full force.

If you don't care, why did you write a post about it?

As for the rest, these are funny trophies. There will be zero controversy for this, as South Park is well known for its parodying nature. 

4 hours ago, olimoo101 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the difficulty slider changes the colour of your characters skin so all the trophy is basically saying is finish the game on the hardest difficulty.

From what I've heard, it doesn't affect combat at all, just the amount of money you receive (which, I remember being largely useless in SoT) and how the world responds to you. Although I also think there are fights that won't occur if you're white and/or cis (namely the redneck fight), so in a way, I guess fighting more does change difficulty in a way?

Personally, I don't mind getting a gold trophy for something I was going to do anyway. :dunno:

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

So the colour of your skin in this game is the difficulty? Wow. That's going to go down well with certain people (or not)

What I thought, after a bit of consideration, was... there is no way that's the actual difficulty slider. It's not going to do anything. That is definitely going to be the punchline.

Just now, GlennRhee said:

Although I also think there are fights that won't occur if you're white and/or cis (namely the redneck fight), so in a way, I guess fighting more does change difficulty in a way?

No, actually the Redneck fight still happens if you're Cis.

Good to see that the meta trophies from the last game are back, loving the black playthrough in particular. Hopefully there won't be any missable collectibles this time around.

5 minutes ago, SPAgain said:

What I thought, after a bit of consideration, was... there is no way that's the actual difficulty slider. It's not going to do anything. That is definitely going to be the punchline.

It supposedly gives you less loot drops.

Edited by Happy

34 minutes ago, SPAgain said:

No, actually the Redneck fight still happens if you're Cis.

Okay, that's genuinely hilarious. The reviewer I watched picked they/them pronouns during the Mr. Mackey scene and the rednecks responded to that, so I'm sure she was assuming it was an exclusive thing.