Grease monkey.

Yenkrazer

Hi guys just need some help concerning this trophy.

Seems the last update change a few things and added a banner.

My question is how to get the trophy grease monkey? Last achievers were on 29th September. 

This game is quite popular 2 years after its release and I guessthe update locked this trophy?

Any help is welcome.Am thinking bout formatting my ps4 and buying the disk and then try without updating.

• 2 weeks later...

Your theory about acquiring a disk copy of the game and not installing the updates is correct and will allow you to unlock the Grease Monkey trophy.  The following is what I did:

1. Copy Rocket League save data to an external drive or upload it.
  2. Disconnect the network connection.
  3. Delete digital copy of game along with updates, and save file.
  4. Restart PS4 to clear cache.
  5. Insert the disc copy of the game and play one exhibition game in order to unlock a topper.
  6. Go to the garage and equip every slot. Trophy should unlock.
  7. Reconnect network connection, re-download game, and restore save data.

Hope this is of some help to you or anyone else attempting to unlock the Grease Monkey trophy.

25 minutes ago, fearlex said:

Does anyone have any idea when the patch is going to be released ? Or is there another glitch free way of doing it. It glovher for me too 1f61e.png1f61e.png1f61e.png

1: We won't know when the next patch will be released, until the developers offically announce it so expect a long wait.

2: If you don't have the retail version, then your one and only option is to wait for the devs to patch the problem.

Either way, you're screwed until the devs officially recognise the problem and fixed :(.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: We won't know when the next patch will be released, until the developers offically announce it so expect a long wait.

2: If you don't have the retail version, then your one and only option is to wait for the devs to patch the problem.

Either way, you're screwed until the devs officially recognise the problem and fixed :(.

Thanks for replaying, if i have the retail version, what difference does it makes ?

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The big difference is that you can play offline without the latest patch, because the the Digital version comes pre-patched to v1.38.

Ohh I see, well if they take to long to patch it, i will definitively buy the retail version just for that one trophy :D Am i trophy whoring enough ? :D

Hi guys! Got a question about this trophy, which is the only one missing for me (and the long distance one).

The description says we need to change every slot in the garage. I have unlocked stuff to do so in every category except the Trail one. It says 1/1 (I got the basic one) as if there was not other ones. I wonder if it is normal and how to unlock different trails (like the Bubbles one for a DLC trophy). 

Also, to make sure I understand well, to unlock the trophy I should uninstall the game, than reinstall it without Internet to block any patch to install, so the trophy will unlock. I have the retail version.

Thank you!

All the items needed for the Platinum and most of the DLC trophies, can be obtained in offline games against yourself by setting the Goals to 1 but the RNG is lousy so expect it to take a while before the required item shows up :). I can't answer your banner question as I don't know enough about them to give a decent answer :(.

As for the patch, disabling your Internet isn't required as you can just pause the patch when it appears :).

Hmm I tried the trick, after first install I am under version 1.17. My garage has no stickers and no car colors, even if I had most of them, and even if I win some during games they do not appear. So the trophy does not come out. I guess Ill need to wait the next patch to earn my platinum ?

Well, i contacted support yesterday and they replied this:

Marco

Oct 27, 09:48 UTC

Hey fearlex,

Thank you for contacting Rocket League support!

I truly appreciate that you have taken the time to bring this bug to our attention.

Thanks to you and your fellow players who have reported this, our team is already investigating a solution. Though we do not have a specific estimated time for a fix, rest assured that we are on top of it. In the meantime, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Remember to follow our official Twitter page to find out about updates and patches!

If you have any other bugs to report, questions or if I can help you in any other way please let me know.

Best regards,

Marco
Rocket League Support

So i guess there is still hope to get this stupid trophy without having to pay for the retail version.

So we have to wait till they fix it?

On 10/25/2017 at 4:24 AM, MarcancooL said:

Thanks! Ill keep playing then :P But I still find weird i havent unlocked any trail in 150+ games... Anyway I got some online games to play for my DLC trophies left, I guess I'll get something someday!

Buy Trail from Halloween event

On 10/28/2017 at 1:36 PM, MarcancooL said:

Well I confirm that even under the retail version it is not working...

Any idea why is not working on the retail version ? If you insert the disc without internet access, that should do it right ?

It sucks, i'm just missing the Grease Monkey Trophy for Platinum and 100%. Bummer.

Edited by fearlex

On 30/10/2017 at 0:04 AM, fearlex said:

Any idea why is not working on the retail version ? If you insert the disc without internet access, that should do it right ?

It sucks, i'm just missing the Grease Monkey Trophy for Platinum and 100%. Bummer.

Yeah, that should work. @MarcancooL , did you disconnect your internet when you tried to install the physical version? Install the game whilst you're offline and it should work fine.

I did Brandon, and it installs 1.17 version, in which I have no stickers even if I unlocked them all (I see 0/0 on stickers category on every car), so I can't get the trophy. I also bought the Halloween trail under the latest version and worn it, and it still didn't unlock the trophy... I guess there is no more option for me, I need to wait for a patch.

Edited by MarcancooL

On 11/3/2017 at 0:01 PM, MarcancooL said:

I did Brandon, and it installs 1.17 version, in which I have no stickers even if I unlocked them all (I see 0/0 on stickers category on every car), so I can't get the trophy. I also bought the Halloween trail under the latest version and worn it, and it still didn't unlock the trophy... I guess there is no more option for me, I need to wait for a patch.

If it ever pops for you, or they patch it, let me know please. Greasy Monkey is literally the only trophy i need to get Platinum :( 

• 2 months later...