why is this platinum so rare?

Dwightsarmy14

Because it requires 6 different devices for some trophies. Though I've read something about using an emulator, but most people aren't going to go out of their way to do that. And, as mentioned, PS+ is definitely a factor. Lots of people playing the game just to check it out and not plat it.

As the others above me, the game is free for PS+ members since July (until the 24th October) and the majority of people just want to try it and play the game just for the sake of playing and having a good time.

You add to this that some trophies require you to have 6 mobile devices and the app installed on each in order to unlock the trophies. Or for those who can’t have 6 phones, using an android emulator is the other way around, yet not everyone has a computer powerful to emulate the require amount of emulated phones to unlock these trophies.

Yes the Platinum trophy is easy by itself, but the preparation of using 6 physical/emulated device is tedious.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17.12.2017 at 0:32 PM, sk8nnatn77 said:

friends

Eh? Can I have a link for that?

Jokes apart, I wonder if there is a trophy-crazed guy among the 862 Platinum achievers who went out and bought 5 phones just to do this trophy. Even a used iPhone 4 sets you back 40-50 € nowadays so that's quite a hefty price to pay.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Eh? Can I have a link for that?

Jokes apart, I wonder if there is a trophy-crazed guy among the 862 Platinum achievers who went out and bought 5 phones just to do this trophy. Even a used iPhone 4 sets you back 40-50 € nowadays so that's quite a hefty price to pay.

no way 

• 1 year later...

It was pretty simple for sure! I was surprised to see how low it was as well. I was lucky because between mine and my gfs current phones, and us each having our old smart phones laying around. All I had to do was borrow one from my brother. Don't throw those old cell phones out guys! ??

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...