New characters per mode?

11 minutes ago, Gunner_Man21 said:

So you have to do a hard mode and a speed-run mode playthrough, does this mean I have to start new characters for each? (as in erase the old file) I can't find an answer anywhere and don't want to get through a playthrough and then lose it all.

IIRC you only need to create a new character for one mode (which I think is Hard mode :hmm: ). It's been a while since I played the game, so I could be wrong though.

The Wiki page, under the "hard_mode" section, stated that you keep all your character progress (e.g. items, level, vocations)  but you start from the beginning. Can't confirm myself until I completed it. That's based on the PC/PS3/360 versions. Assuming nothing has changed regarding those sectors, Theoretically you should be able to on the PS4.

Edited by snake0504

Speed run will start you at the beginning with your current character stats build etc.  When you finish the speed run you'll be dumped back to your main game where you left off. However jumping to speed run from a hard mode game will drop you back into your old game on normal. I would advise finishing a full run on hard, then starting speed run in new game plus so the change back to normal won't mess up your trophy.

• Like 1