Trophy Thoughts

Cats

Hey guys check this out. Explains all the online trophies I think. https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-road-to-glory

The win main event trophy is actually against AI? Its all custom wrestlers though ewwww. I wanna be AJ Styles. The prospect trophy is actually really easy and bottom rank. You can actually just buy your way into a ppv event but I dunno if that will pop the trophy or not. Anyway read the link, makes the online seem way easier than last year.

Might become pay to win. Anyone who pre orders the expensive bundles will have a better custom wrestler right away and you be at a disadvantage perhaps if the matchmaking puts you against them.

I'm happy they're so much easier. 

No having to grind MyCareer for titles, so unless you have to win them all to "win" mycareer, the stress of the most boring mode is gone. It took me two *censored*ing weeks of playing every day for hours to win that god damn IC title belt. 7 in game months to rank up once from 7th to 6th. If I wasn't so addicting to getting every achievement possible I would've killed myself. I count time consuming as possible, it's shit like "win 50 bajllion times online" that I don't count

Also I do WWE on Xbox, so ignore my profile lol. This is just the first place to post the achievements so I wanted to comment on them. 

• Like 1

A lot better than previous games that's for sure! The online ones are always going to be a pain, but looking at the single player ones I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to get them all. Hopefully the ones like "win a match as Bobby Roode" can be done in tag matches so that way you could potentially end up with 5 trophies from one match (4 vs 4 tag match with Chris Jericho on the A.I. team). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DXTF said:

A lot better than previous games that's for sure! The online ones are always going to be a pain, but looking at the single player ones I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to get them all. Hopefully the ones like "win a match as Bobby Roode" can be done in tag matches so that way you could potentially end up with 5 trophies from one match (4 vs 4 tag match with Chris Jericho on the A.I. team). 

Not sure it'll work that way. On 17, fighting with 50 dudes required you to be controlling them at the end of the match. So I did it where I had 3v3 and lost on purpose three times each time. Xbox has a tracker, which is how I was made aware of this. Unless they change it for 18, only the dude you do the winning fall will net you the ding

Edited by Muur1993

The online stuff looks a lot more manageable compared with the 300-500 wins required in last year's game (I've seen varying totals reported. I'm still miles away from getting the Gold medal rank in 2K17. I need to get back to that soon).

The MyCareer trophies look fun this year and actually allow you to play the game whichever way you choose (to a degree) unlike previous games where you have to grind wins to win every single title which turned the mode into a chore so I'm looking forward to this.

The Universe trophies are a copy & paste of the previous trophy lists by the looks of it. I don't see anything different with those.

I think the plat will be around 3-4% rarity this year based on what looks like less grinding than before. I don't think it won't be as rare as the 2K15/2K16/2K17 ones but that's fine ?

6 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

A lot of superstar wins which is easy enough and a few question marks for my career and road to glory but it definitely looks quickly than 2k17 (I hope at least)

not long and we will soon find out.

We should boost for the team up trophy this year ;)

It doesn't look too bad. But then again last year's list didn't look too bad either and look what happened there. The game felt like a chore towards the end. I'm getting this on the Switch but I may double dip and get it on PS4 later down the line.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

We should boost for the team up trophy this year ;)

It doesn't look too bad. But then again last year's list didn't look too bad either and look what happened there. The game felt like a chore towards the end. I'm getting this on the Switch but I may double dip and get it on PS4 later down the line.

Dont know 2k17 clearly said gold rank lol 

and anyone that's put time into a WWE game knows that's a grind.

i don't think this will be as bad but I think there will be some annoying surprises to make us grind to the holy heavens ?

Im down for the team up still I'll try get on on the morning after as I'm working the release day ?

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Seems like

Teamwork is fun
Win a Team Up match.

ist the only online trophy right? I hate the online part in wwe games. they are allways or most of the time laggy as hell.

No the Road to Glory is all online trophies. The link I posted earlier explains the online in great detail its very useful.

I got the plat last year, took 600+ matches to hit gold rank. However win or lose you gained xp. This year seems to be way shorter, like 200 matches max but you now have to win 100 times and win to get to the main event so the winning part may actually make it harder for some people this year.

I'm quite good at the game now though. I was s*** when I started last year but you improve fast. Its fun when theres not lag or cheap ass opponents move glitching or spamming running attacks I hate those people so very much.

Edited by Zanarkand99

2 hours ago, Zanarkand99 said:

No the Road to Glory is all online trophies. The link I posted earlier explains the online in great detail its very useful.

I got the plat last year, took 600+ matches to hit gold rank. However win or lose you gained xp. This year seems to be way shorter, like 200 matches max but you now have to win 100 times and win to get to the main event so the winning part may actually make it harder for some people this year.

I'm quite good at the game now though. I was s*** when I started last year but have a 66% win ratio I win every 2 from 3 and its fun when theres not lag but sadly there is quite often lag.

Yea i should have read that first :D Hopefully the 100 wins are boostable.

8 hours ago, Muur1993 said:

Not sure it'll work that way. On 17, fighting with 50 dudes required you to be controlling them at the end of the match. So I did it where I had 3v3 and lost on purpose three times each time. Xbox has a tracker, which is how I was made aware of this. Unless they change it for 18, only the dude you do the winning fall will net you the ding

When you win a tag team match, whether it be a 2 on 2 or a 3 on 3, in the statistics on WWE 2K17 it not only counts as a win for all three members of your team, but also counts all three members as having been played by the player. The statistics on 2K17 show both the amount of times you've used a superstar, and the amount of times you've won with them so if a tag win counts towards these statistics, I don't see why it wouldn't count towards trophies either. I'll give it a go when the game comes out and if it works then that's great, but if it doesn't then they're hardly difficult trophies to obtain.  

3 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Haven't played this series for years, looking at the list, roughly how long do you think it will take? I may pick it up thanks

Depends how evil the single player is. Last year just winning the IC title was 6 months in the career. I was the number 1 contender after months of winning nonstop. I beat the champion 4 shows in a row leading up to the ppv and yet at the ppv the no 4 contender gets a title shot, Thats how crap it could be.

Last year was like 100 hrs in both single and multiplayer each. This list looks much shorter though, hopefully 100hrs top.

Edited by Zanarkand99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanarkand99 said:

Depends how evil the single player is. Last year just winning the IC title was 6 months in the career. I was the number 1 contender after months of winning nonstop. I beat the champion 4 shows in a row leading up to the ppv and yet at the ppv the no 4 contender gets a title shot, Thats how crap it could be.

Last year was like 100 hrs in both single and multiplayer each. This list looks much shorter though, hopefully 100hrs top.

Thanks. Yeah 100 hours sounds too much to be fair.