A monthful of Plats in December

This sounds right up my alley, but I already have other end-of-year trophy plans to contend with. It would be quite a feat to get 31 plats in a month, especially if I'm reading this right and you're not starting any of the games except Bleach before the month begins. Best of luck!

• Like 1

@Evil_Joker88, so you want to tread the path of the dark, embrace the full powers, stand before the gods of the short game community and embrace the title ....... Master of the Dark Arts. I wish you well on your journey. I will not lie it is not going to be easy. I am familiar with most of your game choices and I think they are excellent ( becareful of both Toro and Truck Racer - both can suck up more time than anticipated). The hardest part won't be the games themselves but the endurance. When you hit the 15-20 day mark finding the will to game (and possibly live) will be tested. It's this time that really will test your resolve, stay strong battle on, nothing lasts forever you can prevail. ?

Now I need to sort some things about but I feel it wouldn't be remiss of me not to act as a sort of Sherpa of Shame if you will and accompany you on this journey. Perhaps together we can find the will to achieve this lofty goal (and perhaps have some laughs along the way ). If you are happy I will begin to craft my games list and be ready to embark come the 1st of December.

Cj

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Now I need to sort some things about but I feel it wouldn't be remiss of me not to act as a sort of Sherpa of Shame if you will and accompany you on this journey. Perhaps together we can find the will to achieve this lofty goal (and perhaps have some laughs along the way ). If you are happy I will begin to craft my games list and be ready to embark come the 1st of December.

Cj

I definitely be happy if you'd stay on my side even without a list of your own, just reading your message is so hilarious, it's awesome :D

I think every participant is welcomed until 31st november 23:59 hours gmt +1 when the competition begins from my point of view :) so you have a few days to think of a list of your own :D

• Like 1

I'm going to start putting together my list tomorrow but I wanted to check a few things if ok ?

- is it ok to alter the list as we go if I change my mind

- are stacks (not auto popping ) ok. I have a few Root Letters and I think this might be the perfect time to clear them

- when I did this last year I didn't resort to using VN's but this time I think I will have to 

If all good I am all in ?

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

I'm going to start putting together my list tomorrow but I wanted to check a few things if ok 1f600.png

1. is it ok to alter the list as we go if I change my mind

2. are stacks (not auto popping ) ok. I have a few Root Letters and I think this might be the perfect time to clear them

3. when I did this last year I didn't resort to using VN's but this time I think I will have to 

If all good I am all in 1f600.png

1. It's fine until 30th Nov 12 am your timezone... i start at 1st decembre and you shall do the same...  and I have a few changes for my list in mind too :D

2. Yes. I have stacks too :)

3. Any game with a obtainable non auto plat plat from 0% is allowed. 1 game with an higher percentage... I chose easy games to be able to do this so you should consider the same :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Ok so here is a list in progress, hopefully it might inspire some others to jump in and join up. I am going to change/add and remove to it as we get closer. Will drop in around 5 or so short VN's and possibly whatever else gets released under 2/3hrs before December. Will wait on numbering plats till end of November but will be dropping in Final Fantasy XV for #300 (will not count this in the 31 as most of it will be done in November).

This should be a fun ride @Evil_Joker88, regardless of game choice I think this is probably the hardest challenge for any volume trophy hunter. Last time we did this it was only 15 plats in 30 days netting 670 trophies (21k PSN points). Assuming we make it (which of course we will ☺️) this will blow my highest volume month (July 2017 - 1219 trophies - 43k PSN points) out of the water. I think we will need to define a new category of Dark Awesomeness ?

List in Progress

Enigmatis 

Enigmatis 2

Deponia

Spare Parts

Eventide A Slavic Fable

Eventide 2

Planet of The Eyes

Grim Legends 2

ThimbleWeed Park (2 Stacks available)*10+

Headlander 

Lili Child of Geos (EU)

Lili Child of Geos (NA)

Mecho Tales (PS3)

Butter and Friends Babysitter Sim

The Book of Regrets

Hellblade Senua’s Sacrfice (N/A)

Dark Arcana : The Carnival

Root Letter (EU)

Root Letter (NA)

Root Letter (Vita)

Adam’s Venture Origins

Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue

Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness (2 stacks available) * 10+

Pixel Gear (PSVR)

The Assembly

Eekeemoo : Splinters of the Dark Shard (EU)

Eekeemoo : Splinters of the Dark Shard (NA)

Magrunner : Dark Pulse (PS3)

WonderBook Diggs NightCrawler

WonderBook Walking With Dinosaurs

The Sexy Brutale

Monster Jam Path of Destruction (PS3)

Rewrite (2 stacks PS4/PS3) *10+?

Assorted VN's (Vita)

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm happy someone joins this awesome task :D

But pls @CjShai explain why you can play Mecho Tales on PS3 while it's on Vita or PS4 ? :D

Wishful thinking when I picked up the PS4 version they bundled in the Vita too. On the download list it says Vita/PS3 but unfortunately it is not PS3, a shame was actually quite a fun game would have liked to do again.

Edited by CjShai

Good luck guys, epic challenge

@CjShai I like how when reading down the list the general trend is that the game quality gets worse and worse.... How have you resisted playing some of that trash by now...... I mean you resisting barbie for like 3 years??? and the eekeemoo stacks, magrunner.....

"assorted VNs"....so sort of like a box of trophy chocolates I guess

@Evil_Joker88 I don't think drawful 2 has a plat btw

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Good luck guys, epic challenge

@CjShai I like how when reading down the list the general trend is that the game quality gets worse and worse.... How have you resisted playing some of that trash by now...... I mean you resisting barbie for like 3 years??? and the eekeemoo stacks, magrunner.....

"assorted VNs"....so sort of like a box of trophy chocolates I guess

@Evil_Joker88 I don't think drawful 2 has a plat btw

Good point towards CJ :D

And thx for the info, i'm surprised i looked at a trophy guide and didn't realise that the game has no plat :(

Have to redo my list a bit...

Good luck with this guys, I think the most I managed in a month was 21 but felt terribly nauseous after playing multiple Mundi games back to back :P

@CjShai I'm really hoping the next season of THL doesn't start up mid December, I'm one of the people counting your scores and I saw this list and just about cried ?  Surprised you've not finished ICEY.  I see you have both stacks and I loved that game.

• Like 1

On 11.10.2017 at 10:49 PM, CjShai said:

Hong Kong Store and US store ?

I bought my copy in HK i'll have a look for the other one. Thx for the info :)

I made some changes in my list.

1. I added Jak & Dexter PS4 as well as Apotheon PS4 to get a better list of Plats A-Z PS4 related...

2, I dropped Drawful 2 as it doesn't have a plat

3. Changed the order a bit...

It's getting harder after this as i dropped Truck Racer (8 hours) for Jak & Dexter (12 hours) ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I bought my copy in HK i'll have a look for the other one. Thx for the info :)

I made some changes in my list.

1. I added Jak & Dexter PS4 as well as Apotheon PS4 to get a better list of Plats A-Z PS4 related...

2, I dropped Drawful 2 as it doesn't have a plat

3. Changed the order a bit...

It's getting harder after this as i dropped Truck Racer (8 hours) for Jak & Dexter (12 hours) 1f605.png

Wow your going for it. I like how you are adding longer games, I am scouring the deep dark recess of the PSN store to find the shortest. Might be worth checking out Twin Robot, seems like a load of stacks so might experiment with one first and see what it's really like.

@CjShai Yeah i'm betting a lot on my freetime and on my luck completing some games within 12 hours playing on two days... although today started a Halloween related Sale on the NA psn so i might reconsider my list and adding a few shorter games... thinking about getting short games as a backup in case i can't achieve any plat planned so far...

• Like 1