A monthful of Plats in December

So on the Eve of this great fun challenge kicking off @Evil_Joker88 a few final words before we embark on our path of spam on a road to darkness paved with quick and nasty (but wickedly delightful plats)

1. I really like your list, you are going to have a stack of fun (and plats)

2. The road ahead is going to be trying, frustrating and often leave you with a WTF expression, embrace it, the path of a spam hunter was never suppose to be roses

3. You will almost definitely fall behind pace, don't let it worry you. Readjust, embrace the pace and ride it out, those plats will be yours

4. When we hit the 31 plats (which we will) you will have attained a rare level of awesomeness that can only be attained from travelling the dark path. We will be equals, both Masters of Shame ☺️

I stand ready Sir at the entrance to the pit of gaming shame, it is a familiar path and I look forward to treading it with you. If you feel inclined shall we document this depraved journey because as you know I love a good laugh and this journey provides the best sort. 

Standing ready and waiting, your gaming friend from Oz, it's time ........ let the trophies fly.

Small disclaimer : I am awaiting 7 games to arrive from overseas so I may need to switch out some mid month if any delays but should be unlikely 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

I doubt i will be a Master of Spam Huntering like you @CjShai more like an Apprentice :P but hell yeah i'm soo excited about this month just because so many new games to explore :)

And no delay all will go to plan :P although i hardly remember anything in my life happened according to any plan ? Dailey update is a must have of course ?

Good luck for your delivieries i got all at home and ready to start but i chose only one game retail (guess which CJ?! :D)

• Like 2

:platinum: #1.  S0bdd3c.png 甘えかたは彼女なりに。  (Plat #273)

Well I am off the start line ☺️. Not much time yesterday but luckily not much required for a very quick straightforward VN. Not sure what I will attack today but might be time to revisit the Art Mundi collection. Looking forward to how you find Mikko Gakkou.

1. Enigmatis 

2. Eventide A Slavic Fable 

:platinum: 3. Grim Legends 2  3/12/17

4. Dark Arcana : The Carnival 

5. Aer  (NA)

6. Aer  (AU)

7. Planet of the Eyes 

8. Adam's Venture 

9. Tear (VR) (JP)

10. Deponia 

11. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice  (NA)

:platinum: 12. Bad Apples (EU) (Vita) 4/12/17

13. Miko Gakkou Monogatri (JP)

14. Miko Gakkou Monogatri (NA)

:platinum: 15. Project Diva Future Tone DX (JP) 7/12/17

:platinum:16. Tachyon Project (JP)  7/12/17

17. Tachyon Project (JP) (Vita)

18. Eekeemoo (AU)

19. Eekeemoo (NA)

20. Square Boy vs Bullies (Vita)

:platinum: 21. I am Mayo (Vita) 3/12/17

22. Semispheres (HK) 

23. Semispheres (JP) (Vita)

24. Semispheres (EU) (Vita)

:platinum: 25. Amaekata Wa Kanjo (JP) 1/12/17

:platinum: 26. Side Episode (JP)

:platinum: 27. Chaos Child (NA) 4/12/17

:platinum: 28. Chaos Child (AU)  8/12/17

:platinum: 29. Chaos Child (HK) 4/12/17

:platinum: 30. Chaos Child (AU) (Vita)  8/12/17

:platinum:  31. Chaos Child (NA) (Vita)   8/12/17

Starting Stats 

PSN Level : 59

Platinums : 272

Trophies : 14557

(Games in no particular order)

Plats Not Included (already started)

#300 Final Fantasy XV (JP)

:platinum: #285  Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy 9/12/17

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

2nd plat achieved Miko Gakkou (JP) probably the longest game on my list... and i made it just in time as a few mins after getting the last trophy i left home to meet with some friends :D ... my heart was racing when i noticed i missed one trophy and had to start a new playthrough... but luckily you can skip most videos/dialogues after 1 playthrough...

After a few min i decided i use this title for the Code of the Elves Challenge and hit two birds with one stone :D ... or even three birds as this plat means i'll get the special award in the A-Z Platinum 2.0 Thread ?... last time i checked there was just one other guy in the Alpha List so i'm 2nd in that list :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

2nd plat achieved Miko Gakkou (JP) probably the longest game on my list... and i made it just in time as a few mins after getting the last trophy i left home to meet with some friends :D ... my heart was racing when i noticed i missed one trophy and had to start a new playthrough... but luckily you can skip most videos/dialogues after 1 playthrough...

Congrats seems like you are travelling well ☺️. Minor hiccup for myself  by missing two sigils in Grim Legends 2 but luckily near start so not much time lost. Have not played an Art Mundi game for awhile, was quite enjoyable with some entertaining puzzles. That Miko Gakkou sounds perfect to run on two systems at once so will save it up for mid week. I am considering just popping the Mayo plat today and walking away quietly ?

:platinum: #2    S7b13d0.png (Plat #274) 3/12

Edited by CjShai

@Evil_Joker88 Good luck I did this in January ended up with 32 plats that month after a accidental double plat on one day as I was playing the next days game lol it was a great run though... it sure takes a lot of time and planning. Best tip is to make sure to have a good few games in the hold that can be gotten quickly in case you have a glitch or something happens in one of your planned games. Overall though good luck my January 2017 run ended with 32 plats and 732 trophies. I also did a Feb. 2016 run with 29 plats and 916 total trophies... to say this January was my last time doing that haha. Can't wait to see/hear your stats on the 31st of the month.

• Like 1

My plan is pretty strict @Corrosivescott tbh... i wanna start 1 game a day and get all trophies in that game on the same day... otherwise i fail the challenge :D

So far so good... just completed Lara Croft Go :) The most anticipated game from my list... the better Tomb Raider game for me :P the only mobile game i ever bought but i didn't regret it... back then i played without hints and that's why i rushed through all main levels pretty good but then in the dlc section (good thing didn't play those on mobile) i turned on hints after getting stuck and realised how easy the game becomes :D difficulty not even 1/10 with "hints" on :D ... still a great game, much better than Hitman... i hope we get Deus Ex on PS4 (and Vita) too someday...

Only thing i didn't like was the controls with only the analog stick on both ps4 and Vita... such games are better done with Digipad but oh well i failed a few level 5-6 times just because i walked one step in the wrong direction :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88

3 minutes ago, bodigard said:

ive been working on earning 100 this year - if you look at my trophy list you'll see which ones i recommend working on to make 31 in a month.  

Thx but this info comes in to late - the challenge has started already :D but no wonder i see many games i bought too for this month :D

3 hours ago, bodigard said:

ive been working on earning 100 this year - if you look at my trophy list you'll see which ones i recommend working on to make 31 in a month.  

Congrats 100 is a great goal, hope you make it.

4 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

My plan is pretty strict @Corrosivescott tbh... i wanna start 1 game a day and get all trophies in that same day on the same day... otherwise i fail the challenge :D

Wow I didn't realise you were doing 1 a day, not doubling up on any days. That is intense. Much tougher than my journey. I intend to try and get ahead of the count as soon as possible. Look forward to watching on even more. Goodluck

:platinum:   #3   S3b3f5c.png  (Plat #275) 3/12

Not much to say, seems I have shot my Mayo for the final time.

Edited by CjShai

17 hours ago, CjShai said:

Enjoy Icey today, it is hilarious ?

Absolutely right about that game man... what a great journey... getting rewards for doing stuff wrong according to the narrator most of the times :D ... a great game... i'm happy i played it and that i'll go through it again later this month again ?

• Like 1

:platinum:   #4 S3a1436.png  NA (Plat #276) 4/12

:platinum: #5   Saf48e1.png  EU Vita (Plat #277) 4/12

:platinum: #6   S3a1436.png HK (Plat # 288) 4/12

Good day yesterday picking up 3 plats and creating a little buffer zone. Hopefully some time now for FFXV but we shall see. Just waiting on the new Steep Expansion to download. Hopefully the import games arrive today looking forward to starting Hatsune Future Tone. While the VN's were busying doing their VN business finally started American Horror Story Roanoke, fantastic series and this season looks like it will continue the trend.

Not sure if I will make any plat progress today but we shall see ☺️

Edited by CjShai

Finally man @CjShai i completed Twin Robots (PS4 EU) today but only after 6 hours of gaming :( and when i finished the last level there weren't any trophy for completing all levels nor partially done... i'd nearly accepted a failed challenge when i saw here on this forum a solution: just restart the game and bam! all trophies unlocked :D

This was a really easy puzzle platformer... i found all collectibles (batteries) on my own without a guide... something i'm not sure if i ever did before :D ... annoying was that several times the game became very buggy and i restarted a level to make it run smoothly again...

Haven't done much progress on Bleach so i don't think that'll be ready for Plat #150 but with :platinum: Battlefield Bad Company i have a nice replacement ready :D

• Like 1

Rules to join:

1. Any game with an obtainable non-auto pop plat with 0% is possible. Only 1 game with a higher percentage may be chosen.

So explain me, what a higher percentage means... you put this games:

01. :platinum:  Black & White Bushido (EU) 1st Dec 12:42 am

02. :platinum:  巫女学校物語~楓編 (Miko Gaikkou Monogatari Kaede - Hen) 2nd Dec 4:31 pm

03. :platinum:  Lara Croft Go 3rd Dec 6:25 pm

04. :platinum:  Icey (HK) 4th Dec 5:04 pm

05. :platinum:  Twin Robots (PS4) 5th 7:04 pm

06. Grim Legend 2

07. Energy Cycle (PSV)

08. Late Shift

09. Virginia

10. The Bunker

11. Orc Slayer

12. Dead Synchronicity

13. N.E.R.O.

14. 36 Fragments of Midnight

15. My Name Is Mayo

16. Coffin Dodgers

17. Toro

18. Claire (PSV)

19. Albedo

20. Adam's Venture Origins

21. Claire (PS4)

22. Eventide

23. Hannah Montana

24. Energy Cycle (PS4)

25. Siegecraft Commander

26. Black & White Bushido (NA)

27. Goosebumps

28. Icey (NA)

29. Clockwork Tales

30. Eekeemo

31. Deponia

And the majority if not all of those trophies has a High percentage.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:16 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Finally man @CjShai i completed Twin Robots (PS4 EU) today but only after 6 hours of gaming :( and when i finished the last level there weren't any trophy for completing all levels nor partially done... i'd nearly accepted a failed challenge when i saw here on this forum a solution: just restart the game and bam! all trophies unlocked

Yep I have heard many similar stories. Apparently the Vita version is perfect but both stacks of PS4 are pretty dodgy. Congrats on pushing through and finishing it.

Didn't get around to posting yesterday so time to catch up.

:platinum:       #7  Se13f39.png JP Vita ( Plat #279 )

:platinum:       #8  S1e69ba.png PH ( Plat #280 )

Grisaia No Kajitsu, coming in at just shy of 3 mins. Easy & quick, just put the cartridge anywhere near the Vita and the plat yours. $ for min it comes in at around the same price as a high class hooker. ( Which ironically I would only need for 3 mins ? ) (on a good day)

Tachyon Project probably my favourite game so far this month. Great little arcade shooter that is not particularly difficult, handles well and has a cool soundtrack. Unfortunately only the physical copy has the plat but it is actually pretty cool package. You get a limited edition copy (numbered apparently) some cool stickers and a CD of the soundtrack. Looking forward to knocking off the Vita version too. I will experiment with the PS Vita TV and see if it works,otherwise handheld it is.

Unfortunately had Enigmatis glitch on me so I have won another play through of that to get the expert trophy. I am not very good with returning to games after this sort of BS happens but I will make the exception this time as I quite enjoyed the story. Still just ahead of pace so might try and cleanup up Chaos child and maybe Hatsune today. Who knows ?

Hope you finished up Grim Legends 2 ok Evil, the story in that was quite enjoyable as well. ☺️ Goodluck with Energy Cycle, that should take all of 20 mins ?

Edited by CjShai

I was too slow with Grim Legend 2 :(  @CjShai good game yes but damn i missed a sigil or two on my first playthrough and needed almost 8 hours for this little game even though i used a videoguide from the beginning... despite that happy to start more Artifex Mundi Games soon :D

And yeah saw your record for Grisaia i can't believe it's even possible to get a platinum trophy this fast without auto-popping trophies ? ? ... i'm starting with Energy Cycle in a few min and i'm curious how good that'll turn out :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1