A monthful of Plats in December

36 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yay guess that's top spot for easiest plat among the easy :D@CjShai

:platinum: Energy Cycle (PSV EU) in 17 Min :D

New personal record besides the auto pop Sound Shapes with unbeatable 4 Seconds :D

So today i can concentrate on Bleach fully :D

Congrats, very nice. Enjoy your next run of theee games, late shift, Virginia and the bunker. They are really great.

Wow... Late Shift was a great game... this was really an interactive film and trophies are based upon decisions... something people want in Telltale's Adventures but hardly get it :D ... i think The Bunker has the same artstyle right? Can't wait to start it (luckily it's scheduled on Sunday)...

All went well for me stayed up long at night to get this through :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Wow... Late Shift was a great game...

It really was good right. Glad you enjoyed it. The bunker was good to but I think I preferred Late Shift. After this is over would recommend having a look at Hidden Agenda it is similar sort of game but uses animation instead of video. Quite enjoyable.

:platinum: # 9   S8549aa.png ( Plat # 281 )

:platinum: #10   S4651ce.png  ( Plat # 282 )

:platinum:  #11   S8549aa.png ( Plat # 283 )

:platinum:  #12   S8549aa.png ( Plat # 284 )

Knocked off a couple more over last few days. Chaos children are now complete. Future Tone DX was great. A shame the trophy list was so short but will keep dipping in and out of this game. Plenty of content with 230 songs, the same as the 100% lists earlier this year but upscaled to 4K ( well Sony 4K). Hatsune looks fantastic though.

Oh almost forgot, hit 15k trophies today too with Marvels Guardian of the Galaxy plat (#285) " A little help from my friends " a lovely trophy milestone name.

I don't really feel like plattng anything else today so might take a break and play some Mario on Switch or Forza 7. Also interested in starting Planet of the Apes, going back to Hidden Agenda and seem to have an itch to start FFXII (which is probably the last thing I need to add to the rotation at the moment). Oh well something fun will happen for sure.

Goodluck with your plat for the day Evil. Look forward to reading your thoughts tomorrow ☺️

Edited by CjShai

Today i played Virginia and man that was some crazy journey... blind 1st playthrough and i didn't understand what the story was about... all the sudden changes of areas and people appearing and disappearing i thought it'd had something to do with time travel even :D... on my 2nd playthrough i used a videoguide for all missing trophies (16 of 18 ^^) and even with some commentaries and explanation during the walkthrough i still don't understand this completely... besides that i really wondered why is there a singer in the bar when nobody (can) talk(s)/speak(s)? ? ? 

Completed The Bunker recently... really cool idea of these live action games... but i didn't like that the cursor was visible all the time and it kinda felt like wrong on screen... i was surprised that the game does have a jumpscare or two nearly at the end... easy to complete except the very last QTE... i failed that 3 times just because i wasn't even fast enough on the needed spot to click a button... maximized the movement just for that scene :D

In comparison to Late Shift i think The Bunker is just 2nd place... LS has a longer story to show and it felt better to hastily decide between 2-3 options every now and then... and there were more people so more dialogues... i hope we get another similar games like these two :)

• Like 1

Congrats  @Evil_Joker88, Virginia is a different game isn't it. Same as you I was pretty clueless after first playthrough. I really like abstract things though so it fitted me nicely. I think I am drawn to anything different. Glad you enjoyed The Bunker too, I played it before Late shift so was perhaps swayed as it was my first game of this type, I agree Late Shift had a deeper story and better execution. The ending in The Bunker was fantastic though.

I would wish you enjoyment on your next game Orc Slayer but it is what it is. I hope the experience is at least quick for you.

Quest completed today i am a professional Orc Slayer :D ... glad i made it in time after all... took around 5 hours :( worst game i've played on ps4 so far... the hit detecton is bad... really bad... game lags when many enemies are around... the final boss glitched on me first time i slew him within seconds on 2nd try (full level repeat)... i thought i'd have to trigger the shoot button every second so i switched to my turbo controller becasue my finger hurt after playing the game for 10 min using L2 repeatedly :D --- one of the few games i doubt i'll play ever again even for another easy plat :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Congrats @Evil_Joker88 it really is something else that Orc Slayer. I would never have considered using the turbo controller but it makes perfect sense, very good tip.

Nothing to report for me at the moment, well nothing on the plat front. Seems my current poison is Assassins Origins which is actually pretty good. Back to the plats tomorrow ?

Edited by CjShai

Well @CjShai the only thing i can tell you about Dead Synchronicity is that i've got the plat :D ... without the comments of @Stay-Pationt during the videoguide i'd know absolutely nothing about the game - same goes for N.E.R.O. :D .. listening to you Stay-Pationt is great for 1) new info (the game itself or off topic) and 2) jokes/comments along the way... that's the reason i like your videos more than rus199410's :)

Back to the topic... Dead Synchronicity felt really short, not much stuff to get or places to visit... can't say much more due to skipping the story... N.E.R.O. on the other side was a beautiful experience... sure with Stay-Pationt's video the puzzles were 0/10 difficulty :D yet it wasn't just walking around doing almost nothing :) i'll replay this one to get to know the whole story...

Your comment CJ made me think about my list and i'm happy to see few games which i'll skip through to earn the Platinum Trophy quickly... just Deponia is remaining and maybe i'll won't skip every story... depends on how much time i have to earn the Plat on the day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well @CjShai the only thing i can tell you about Dead Synchronicity is that i've got the plat :D ...

Lol, this was pretty much the exact same experience I had. I think I used a text guide, but I agree Stay-pationt guides are fantastic. I really enjoyed his Little Acre and Albedo ones. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed NERO. I actually got to that heart puzzle and couldn't get it to work. Very frustrating .... I really should go back and finish it one day.

My progress has been a little all over the place the last few days. Have been getting into AC Origins which is a very wonderful game, incredibly beautiful but ultra distracting. It seems I start off doing a main quest and then get sidetracked by numerous side quests. No complaints though, alot of fun.

:platinum: #13 Sdfe913.png EU PS4 (# 286 )

:platinum: # 14  Sdfe913.png EU Vita (# 287 )

Squareboys, quite and enjoyable beatem up style retro game. Pretty easy and short, well the right length for these sort of games I think. I had the Vita stack on my initial list but will include the PS4 one in the count too. Hopefully I should finish of the NA stack today as well. 

Not sure what is up next, almost finished Chess Ultra (again not on my initial list but hey a plats a plat ), probably time to look at Tear VN or Planet of the Eyes. I am not sure I am ready for Semispheres yet and plan on holding Deponia and Hellblade till next week.

Goodluck with 36 Fragments today, very easy except for a few trophies which might be frustrating. Look forward to your views tomorrow. ☺️

36 Fragments of Midnight went rather good even though it is the hardest game this month... took several attempts to get 36 fragments in one go... was totally lost the 2nd time i got hold of all fragments and died because of a saw ? ... the trophy names are very good though like dying with 1 or 35 or 36 fragments collected ?

My Plan to plat Bleach today failed but as mentioned before i had a good backup... Plat #150 is now Battlefield Bad Company... the hardest game i've done so far... probably the longest too (around 500 hours online + a few more in singleplayer)

Regarding your progress @CjShai as you totally ignore my rules do you wanna add the 1 or even 2 stacks of Squareboy which aren't in your list to your total list? Going for 33 plats in this month then? Btw i disagree with "a plat is a plat anyways" :P 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Regarding your progress @CjShai as you totally ignore my rules do you wanna add the 1 or even 2 stacks of Squareboy which aren't in your list to your total list? Going for 33 plats in this month then? Btw i disagree with "a plat is a plat anyways" :P 

No two plats are equal huh ?.

I am definitely going to fail the challenge as I broke the rules days ago but that's ok. I am having far more fun watching your progress and reading your game thoughts and experiences. I am happy just to accompany you on this journey. ?. Maybe just leave the extras off my list, no doubt I will have a few more but still on track to finish the initial list too.

Congrats on Plat #150, what a great choice. 500 hrs online is a massive effort. You will have to start thinking about #200 now ?.

Good to hear you enjoyed 36 Fragments, I can imagine getting all 36 in one run would be challenging, well done. I see Mayo is up next again ?, then Coffin Dodgers which is great fun. Be careful of Toro it will take you longer than you expect. Goodluck

Edited by CjShai

Good News: Finished Mayo yesterday. Hilarious going through the first half of 10.000 clicks. Dumb on 2nd half. But can't be helped...

Bad News: Today is my 2nd failed challenge :( had less than 3 hours to play Coffin Dodgers and now i'll leave the house for probably 24 hours... haven't completed story mode even once... guess i'll complete this game in a few days maybe still before Christmas...

@CjShai i have chosen a title for Plat #200: Skyrim PS4 :) ... have played 50 hours already but have completed so little just yet :D ... but all in due time... there's no rush after this month for more platinum trophies but i'll guess i reach 200 within half a year... as i still buy easy to plat games these days i can continue on the easy road until i reach 199 Platinum Trophies but on a slow(er) pace :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Been busy the last days so now time for an update on my little progress... wasn't much home on Saturday so i didn't finish Coffin Dodgers and even though i was at home on Sunday i was distracted with other games so i couldn't finish Toro either :(  ...

Then some changes for Christmas made me change my list so i have a chance to get the Claire (PSV) Plat on 25th Dec even though i won't be at home but i had too much trouble going through Claire (PS4) on Monday Afternoon that i failed that also... that was unexpected but can't be helped... i guess i'll complete those games after christmas so that at least at the end of the year the score is right again...

Today is Albedo next and i made it half way through already but i am too tired to continue i will do that during the afternoon...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Keep it going Evil, I am sure you will catch those games back up. Toro truly is painful right ? Will do an update tomorrow but not much happening on this end, was unfortunatly struck down with food poisoning and was crazy sick yesterday. Somehow I managed to help a mate boost two trophies, literally between throwing up...... lol, pretty intense. Recovering today with a spot of VN skippery ?

Well i hope you'll recover quickly @CjShai amazing you still helped someone despite your condition :)

Today i got my next Plat (Albedo) even though i stared at my screen for nearly 1 hour in vain... i tried to boost Uncharted 3 against myself using two consoles but couldn't find my two accounts :( ... but thx to Stay-Pationts Guide i went through Albedo quick enough... as i bought the NA version recently i can add this game another time to my trophy list :D ... worst thing is that you can't change the Y-axis controls :( ... but at least you can skip every puzzle which makes this game easily :D ...

Working on Claire now in hope i can go through Claire's PSV Version quick enough on Christmas...but i see the PS4 Glitch occured to me already as i started the game on Normal difficulty and it already changed itself to Nightmare :( ... only positive thing is i may grab all trophies in 1 playthrough if i find all collectibles...

• Like 1

Back en route - finished Siegecraft Commander just now :) ... one of the few games where i don't have a problem of skipping through the story mode :D ... after 2 matches in splitscreen i needed only 1 trophy (kill 10 enemies with a single TNT)... after a few tries i got that now too... it definitely helped that i platted this game a month ago on a different account :D ...

Seems like today i will have a bit freetime to work on Claire again :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

And another done... yes i liked Adam's Venture, in contrast to Uncharted you mustn't fight a thousand men to progress... but the controls are bit inaccurate for example getting up on a ledge or a tiny step on a staircase ? ... and yes it helped a lot that this was my 2nd playthrough especially in the stealth parts where i was lost sometimes on my first playthrough...

Bad news on the missed games so far... i've been either playing Uncharted 3 (PS3) or Skyrim (PS4) in my "freetime" now :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

And another done... yes i liked Adam's Venture, in contrast to Uncharted you mustn't fight a thousand men to progress... but the controls are bit inaccurate for example getting up on a ledge or a tiny step on a staircase ? ... and yes it helped a lot that this was my 2nd playthrough especially in the stealth parts where i was lost sometimes on my first playthrough...

Bad news on the missed games so far... i've been either playing Uncharted 3 (PS3) or Skyrim (PS4) in my "freetime" now :D

Congrats Evil, another one down, well done. Playing Uncharted/Skyrim is probably the perfect thing to break up these games. I notice Hannah is coming up soon. I am so excited for you, there is a clear line in trophy hunting, those that have Hannah plat, those that don't, those that are awesome, those that aren't ?

Yeah @CjShai tomorrow will be the best day of this month... i will going through HANNAH MONTANA!!! YEEEEES :D (/sarcasm)

I'm not 100% sure if we agree who's better up those with Hannah Plat or those without ? ?

Today was my 2nd game from Artifex Mundi... Eventide: Slavic Fable... visual style is awesome from those guys... but why 2 types of collectibles?? ? just like with Grim Legends 2 i needed a 2nd playthrough in Eventide just to grab 1(!!!) missable collectible around halfway through the game... but with all hints and skip function available this wasn't a problem... but going blind through the extra episode (nice to have this little bonus :)) showed me how difficult these games can be if you don't see every little detail right on spot ?

As today launched a huge sale on psn i was looking through my games and my wishlist and saw that i own most of all ps4 games Artifex Mundi has released so far... only 1 more is on schedule this month but a few more will be played in a month or two :) .. those game i don't own yet are added to my psn wishlist :D

It's done... now i have to admit i'm a 100% Spam Hunter myself... everyone can see i got the Plat for Hannah Montana just recently ?

Actually i don't think the game is bad, i felt sometimes sorry i couldn't listen to the music because i was so busy with pushing buttons or worse moving the controller in various directions... you know when a game is really old (ps3 life cycle) when it uses Sixaxis Controls ? ... i had to replay the tutorial a couple of times until i recognized any stage dancing move instantly... still wasn't fast enough to get all of them but reached 5 stars in every song on first try :D ...

Hardest trophy is :silver: Perfect Aim but luckily i got it during story mode (in the 3rd of 3 games you must play :D)... only needed a few laps of the Horse Riding after story mode but i set down my controler and the horse moved on its own :D

Since that's done back to Skyrim ? ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Surprise surprise i finished Energy Cycle in less than 15 Min :D ... a look at top 50 fastest achievers shows all entries below 10 Min though ?

Definitely the easiest game and thx to a picture guide achieved with 0 efforts :D ... cool game still and comes in handy as i won't be home from this morning until 26th (but then just like 2 hours) really back on 27th Dec... so taking a little break from my favorite hobby...

I wish you all Merry Christmas and i'm happy to see my family over the next days again :)

• Like 2