Psnp ads ruining site on mobile

45 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Wow, I haven't used the site while not signed in for a while now so I just checked it out on my laptop on Chrome and needless to say... This is a nightmare and exactly why I installed Adblock a couple years ago. Random ad audio playing, swingout ads from the left side - in short the user experience with these ads are a complete mess. I was a firm believer in not having Adblock for so, so long until websites just started doing this.

It seems a few years ago the internet decided to ditch 2 simple clean banner ads per page layout and instead decided to go the way of "noise" everywhere plastered all over the screen which interrupted content through every click. It's... kinda unfortunate to see it, it's completely unusable on desktop, I can only imagine how hard it is to use on mobile. Hope to see it cleaned up to some sort of capacity. =/

Ive not had premium very long but everything is much much smoother without the ads. It just looks so much cleaner. When I didn;t have premium I never had any problems with pop up adds or videos. They were all just off on the side.

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

How the fuck do those things work? I've seen so many late 90s movies where they put in a CD and get like 100 hours of internet or something. Is it just movies failing to understand something about tech yet again or is there some magic unlock disc to get free interwebs in the day?

The discs installed the software needed to use AOL and then you needed a PC with a modem in it which you would connect to a phone line.  To connect to the internet it dialed a 1-800 number and in the same way cell phone minutes are tracked that would track your time for the free trial.  After that you needed to pay a monthly fee for unlimited hours which is what set AOL apart at the time.  Other companies charged you by the minute back then.  

10 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Wow, I haven't used the site while not signed in for a while now so I just checked it out on my laptop on Chrome and needless to say... This is a nightmare and exactly why I installed Adblock a couple years ago. Random ad audio playing, swingout ads from the left side - in short the user experience with these ads are a complete mess. I was a firm believer in not having Adblock for so, so long until websites just started doing this.

It seems a few years ago the internet decided to ditch 2 simple clean banner ads per page layout and instead decided to go the way of "noise" everywhere plastered all over the screen which interrupted content through every click. It's... kinda unfortunate to see it, it's completely unusable on desktop, I can only imagine how hard it is to use on mobile. Hope to see it cleaned up to some sort of capacity. =/

These ones shouldn't be appearing, there's set places on pages where they should appear and this isn't one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hayabusa85 said:

The discs installed the software needed to use AOL and then you needed a PC with a modem in it which you would connect to a phone line.  To connect to the internet it dialed a 1-800 number and in the same way cell phone minutes are tracked that would track your time for the free trial.  After that you needed to pay a monthly fee for unlimited hours which is what set AOL apart at the time.  Other companies charged you by the minute back then.  

Oh wow. That's actually kinda cool. 

And obvious too, I just was stupid and forgot the ancient times when phones were needed for interwebs connectivity.

12 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The exact reason why I installed AdBlock on my PC. It was fine until websites started putting up a million stupid ads that could make sounds. It was a mess of "Hello!!" and car sounds, they made it impossible to use their sites due to greed.

Still, I use a lot of Youtube and ads every video (including sometimes 2-3 ads mid video) is another reason I would have installed it. I want to support the content creator but not Youtube itself, so I just help through Patreons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Just to add this is happening from a desktop browser as well - If your window is not maximised you also lose part of the screen to an add you can't get rid of.

PSNP_Ads.jpg

Okay... but why do you have so many tabs up on screen? x.x

But seriously, that's the sort of issue I had before (but don't now cause premium).  Was usually for Thor Ragnarok and if not that, then another ad with no "x" to close it off.

5 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

The exact reason why I installed AdBlock on my PC. It was fine until websites started putting up a million stupid ads that could make sounds. It was a mess of "Hello!!" and car sounds, they made it impossible to use their sites due to greed.

Still, I use a lot of Youtube and ads every video (including sometimes 2-3 ads mid video) is another reason I would have installed it. I want to support the content creator but not Youtube itself, so I just help through Patreons.

If I go to a website with the car noises and the woman trying to sell me something I usually just click away cause its not worth it to me. I hate having to turn the sound off and then do try to close every ad. Its the worst.

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

Psh that’s nothing, you should see the amount of tabs I have open every day, it’s a train wreck xD 

I tend to try and minimize my tab use, one for Facebook, one for YouTube and the other for whichever site I want to go to :D

But yeah, hopefully those ad problems have been sorted out now for everyone else x.x

All fixed from what I can see, thanks Sly. I will upgrade to premium at some point though you deserve it for sure for all the hard work you have put in on this site.

14 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay... but why do you have so many tabs up on screen? x.x

You caught me on a good day to be honest, when I get to about 20 then I start closing them!

22 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Just to add this is happening from a desktop browser as well - If your window is not maximised you also lose part of the screen to an add you can't get rid of.

PSNP_Ads.jpg

Wil je geen briljant eindresultaat? (you don't want an brilliant end result)

Edited by wuthg21

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, TJF588 said:

Keep trying to access the frontpage on iOS12, but it just keeps redirecting to an entirely different ad URL. Can’t even get into the site once those ads load.

Yeah it sucks for sure - The owner of the site is trying to get our ad provider to fix this, I would recommend going to this thread and add what instance you get the ad