Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition

i-kicked-a-brit

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

No, no. It's not a complete edition. It's a GOTY edition. It's only gonna have the first dlc, which Sony has already stated that they "have years of content planned".

It's not an all in one pack, it's not a bundle at a discount since you can get the things separate for roughly the same price. It's literally just an excuse to keep this game up front on the new game shelf with a full price tag.

These devs are really starting to abuse the "GOTY" title. Overwatch did this same thing a few months ago. Bundled in a few cosmetic items to keep it up front. Normally I'm the type of guy that doesn't get phased by "grey area business practices" but this is the one the one that crosses then line for me lol.

I absolutely agree about devs abusing the GOTY Edition names. Fallout 4's recent GOTY release after the fact that the game came out in 2015 proves how diluted the term has become. That being said, I'm still looking forward to this. I heard nothing but praise for this. So for someone that didn't get this Day 1, it's a blessing.

16 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

No, no. It's not a complete edition. It's a GOTY edition. It's only gonna have the first dlc, which Sony has already stated that they "have years of content planned".

It's not an all in one pack, it's not a bundle at a discount since you can get the things separate for roughly the same price. It's literally just an excuse to keep this game up front on the new game shelf with a full price tag.

These devs are really starting to abuse the "GOTY" title. Overwatch did this same thing a few months ago. Bundled in a few cosmetic items to keep it up front. Normally I'm the type of guy that doesn't get phased by "grey area business practices" but this is the one the one that crosses then line for me lol.

Oh they actually confirmed more content for Horizon going into 2018? Seems daft to make a "complete edition" at the moment since the game is still selling and people will want to buy the Frozen wastes anyway.

They could of rode out the sales of the standard copy and revenue from the Frozen Wastes DLC without this and then released the "complete" edition mid-late next year when the sales of the standard version have dropped off and then you would be putting it out there for people who purchased the day one copy but haven't played the DLC to drop another $40-50 to replay it and enjoy the new content. Might just be me but it seems like a missed opportunity to not only get sales from people who haven't played it yet but to pick up from double dip buyers who want to revisit the title 12-18 months later on.

8 minutes ago, Obscure_Ale said:

Oh they actually confirmed more content for Horizon going into 2018? 

They didn't confirm anything. But they did say they had "years of content planned". Either they're lying about this being a complete edition or they lied to us back then to suck in people that like long time support. Either way, they lied big time lol.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

They didn't confirm anything. But they did say they had "years of content planned". Either they're lying about this being a complete edition or they lied to us back then to suck in people that like long time support. Either way, they lied big time lol.

Or maybe they mean years for the story, so additional games? Just a thought.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Will Frozen Wilds expansion get it's own trophy list or will it be added to Horizon Zero Dawn?

I don’t think anybody has the answer to that right now. The obvious route is just adding it as a DLC, though it’s own trophy list would be so cool.

On 05/10/2017 at 1:42 AM, KingGuy420 said:

I'm also willing to bet that the disc will only contain the original version 1.00 like as the game was first published, and the New Game + update will have to be downloaded upon install, with the Frozen Wilds DLC included as a pamphlet with a redeem code. I doubt the publisher will 'assemble the jigsaw' for the buyers and put the optimised product onto a new disc ready to go as soon as you put it into the console. I think it will be the old day 1 disc with a DLC pamphlet code and new box art. 

This method is cheapest to produce, therefore maximising profit. As a consumer, this is just smoke and mirrors.

In short: OP, consider researching how you can buy everything at the best price for YOU. 

For the record, I don't have a problem with the above. If it was my business, I'd do the same thing.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 11:16 AM, KingGuy420 said:

I thought they confirmed future support of the IP, meaning sequels, not future DLC for this specific game outside the one confirmed coming.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:32 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

I am curious about this considering I thought this would be the last dlc (even though GOTY doesn't mean anything nowadays anyway) and when they said they have big plans for the next few years for the "Horizon" franchised I assumed they were talking about a sequel, not a ton of dlcs.

I took it as maybe some dlc for the 1st game then future sequels as well.  My bet is this will be the only dlc for horizon zero dawn then we will see a new game in a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

They confirmed that this was an expansion and not a standalone on their blog back a few months ago.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/13/announcing-horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds/

Trophies should be added soon hopefully.

The trophy list is already on your ps4 just look at the game they added 21 trophies I believe it was and my completion is  now at 73% instead of 100%.  They broke the trophies down into two categories quests and feats.

17 hours ago, Jounochi said:

They confirmed that this was an expansion and not a standalone on their blog back a few months ago.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/13/announcing-horizon-zero-dawn-the-frozen-wilds/

Trophies should be added soon hopefully.

In the comments on that link they actually confirmed new trophies in June :D 

Edited by DividedByMankind

On 04/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, KingGuy420 said:

Or they are just referring to the fact the franchise is here to stay may not be content for the first installment specifically.