Platinum Trophy: How difficult was it and how long did it take you?

Platinum Trophy: Difficulty and Time  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult was it to platinum Ni No Kuni? (10 is most difficult)

2. 2. How long did it take you to get the platinum?

• 20-40
    • 40-60
    • 60-80
    • 120+

How long did it take... 20-40? 20-40 what? ? 

IIRC it took 80+ hours, but less than 120. 

For me it was a 5ish, because some of the things were (would've been) very hard without a guide, and some of the tasks were boring as hell. But I'd say 4 for a bit more objective point of view. 

Edited by ID-69

If you have a solid guide in front of you, this one is actually pretty easy.  At least compared to any number of other RPGs.  Sure, there's some grinding involved and it helps to have at least a little bit of RNG help, but unlike a lot of similar-ish games there are no missables and there's only a need to play through the game once.  And those last two are the "gotchas" that weigh down many an RPG.

It didn't take me much more than ~50 hours.

I think I clocked in at around 70 hours. This game is perfect for those who love to enjoy games and trophies. No missable trophies and you can get a majority of them naturally without any real grinding. I'm currently writing a guide for it and have it down as 80 hours because some things are very luck-dependent (getting rare drops). Something that literally took me an hour to do, people have grinded for 10 hours to get, so it varies per person. If you use a guide from beginning to end and purposely collect items as you go, I can see someone doing it in under 40 hours.

The guide is about 80% complete, but an extensive "Super Hero" guide takes a long time to write... especially now that I graduated college and work 40-50 hours a week, finding the time isn't getting any easier.

• Like 2

I have very mixed feelings on this game.  The main story is good, its almost like playing inside a animated movie and during the main story there is some grinding to level up your familiars so they can fight battles etc... and progress the game.  All this I liked. Even the errands and bounty hunts were fun.  

But the post story game play is awful when going for platinum, especially the pokemon trophy (find 250 familiars) and the worst of all alchemizing 120 different items. What the hell was the point! No added enjoyment or progression to the game. Its just run around, find familiars, try and catch them and try and steal or get drops of rare items for alchemy.  Rinse & repeat for 20-30 hours. Terrible game design.

5/10 for difficultly taking me 91 hours to complete. 
Edited by markcavan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...