Let's Play Persona 5

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor darth vader no

What? Does a lightsaber keyblade not sound good? :P

I'll also go ahead and burst your second proverbial bubble and let you know that there was an article saying that they were debating on whether to have Star Wars AND Marvel in the game. Nothing has been made official though!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I finally got this trophy :dance: 

25Le810a7.png

:gold: Great Phantom Thieves Convene

Max out all Confidants

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

What? Does a lightsaber keyblade not sound good? :P

I'll also go ahead and burst your second proverbial bubble and let you know that there was an article saying that they were debating on whether to have Star Wars AND Marvel in the game. Nothing has been made official though!

That sounds like an abomination.

The horror....noooo onion head

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why can't they remove western parts instead of adding more?

Because Disney wants to promote their things at the cost of everything. IIRC Marvel got an anime recently.

1 hour ago, Myu said:

It's been a while since I've played a KH game (I stopped at the first one because of motion sickness) but when I see what they're doing with this franchise, I have no regrets. 

How'd you get motion sickness from KH?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How'd you get motion sickness from KH?

Moving Sora all over the place, basically, but The Little Mermaid's chapter was the killing blow. I had to put the controller on the floor and lie down for a while. On a 1 to 10 scale, KH is a very nice 8, right next to Spyro the dragon and Katamari. The nausea tends to amplify if I struggle with the game. For example, I usually have no problem with Persona 5 but I got lost in the Pyramid yesterday, trying to find where I was supposed to go right after the red and blue coffins. Motion sickness kicked in while I was running around and holding R2.

Motion sickness tends to appear in dark or narrow places (that underground dungeon with the giant spider in FFXV for example, I had to mash the attack button without looking at the screen). I have to be careful of how and where I sit in my living room, the distance between the TV and me and the lighting. From what I heard, motion sickness is triggered when your eyes tell your brain you're moving (on the screen) but your body says that you're not. The brain can't decide and bam, motion sickness. I have experienced it in cars, trains, and on boats too. 

EDIT: And congrats on that trophy! :D 

Edited by Myu

7 minutes ago, Myu said:

Moving Sora all over the place, basically, but The Little Mermaid's chapter was the killing blow. I had to put the controller on the floor and lie down for a while. On a 1 to 10 scale, KH is a very nice 8, right next to Spyro the dragon and Katamari. The nausea tends to amplify if I struggle with the game. For example, I usually have no problem with Persona 5 but I got lost in the Pyramid yesterday, trying to find where I was supposed to go right after the red and blue coffins. Motion sickness kicked in while I was running around and holding R2.

Motion sickness tends to appear in dark or narrow places (that underground dungeon with the giant spider in FFXV for example, I had to mash the attack button without looking at the screen). I have to be careful of how and where I sit in my living room, the distance between the TV and me and the lighting. From what I heard, motion sickness is triggered when your eyes tell your brain you're moving (on the screen) but your body says that you're not. The brain can't decide and bam, motion sickness. I have experienced it in cars, trains, and on boats too. 

EDIT: And congrats on that trophy! :D 

Wow, that sounds very rough. In that case you might want to avoid games like Mirror's Edge, Vanquish, and Assassin's Creed. I'm guessing VR games triggers motion sickness too?

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Wow, that sounds very rough. In that case you might want to avoid games like Mirror's Edge, Vanquish, and Assassin's Creed. I'm guessing VR games triggers motion sickness too?

You get used to it :)

I once saw a speedrun of Mirror's Edge, I couldn't bear to look at the screen after a couple of minutes. Assassin' Creed is also a big no-no but I'm not very interested in the game.

I would have loved to be able to play Portal 1 and 2 tough. I had to watch a let's play of it instead. It's truly a masterpiece. :) 

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

FFS Toy Story is in KH!? That's just great, now we need some Marvel and Star Wars to completely ruin it :shakefist: .

What is wrong with Toy Story :o To be honest if I had to pick a Pixar film to fit I would have done Monsters Inc. I think you could have done some cool stuff with needing to bring hearts to the world of monsters.

I would stay clear of Star Wars and Marvel though. I mean Pixar is still Disney...but Star Wars and Marvel are owned by Disney but aren't Disney (if that makes sense). I mean Tron was in the second game so I don't mind them bringing in movies like that but I don't think they should mess with properties that have nothing to do with the Disney Universe.

What would be neat to see would be a Studio Ghibli film...I am thinking Spirited Away would be ideal for the Heartless to run through.

Also for the HUGE MUPPETS FANBOY IN ME...I would love to see them go to the Muppet Show...but that will never happen :(

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What is wrong with Toy Story :o To be honest if I had to pick a Pixar film to fit I would have done Monsters Inc. I think you could have done some cool stuff with needing to bring hearts to the world of monsters.

I would stay clear of Star Wars and Marvel though. I mean Pixar is still Disney...but Star Wars and Marvel are owned by Disney but aren't Disney (if that makes sense). I mean Tron was in the second game so I don't mind them bringing in movies like that but I don't think they should mess with properties that have nothing to do with the Disney Universe.

What would be neat to see would be a Studio Ghibli film...I am thinking Spirited Away would be ideal for the Heartless to run through.

Also for the HUGE MUPPETS FANBOY IN ME...I would love to see them go to the Muppet Show...but that will never happen :(

I never liked Toy Story. Only Pixar movie I liked was The Incredibles ... and A Bug's Life when I was around 7-8. Other Pixar movies I've seen (Ratatouille, WALL-E, Finding Nemo, and Brave) all ranged from meh to disappointing.

I get what you mean. Marvel and Star Wars have their own universe with lots of lore and completely different style. 

I've never seen Spirited Away, but heard good things about it.

Completely forgot about the Muppets, used to watch that a lot as a kid. I liked that green frog the most. 

3 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Congrats~ And who was your fave confidant? :D

Thanks :D , my favourite ones are Takemi, Yusuke, Sadayo, and Chihaya. Futaba's confidant story was funny.

• Like 1

Finished the first playthrough and that last part was indeed really good. I especially liked that moment when

Spoiler

the final boss goes all "Foolish humans, you've failed". Then Satanael descends and he goes "WTF is that!?". I also liked that ending where the gang drives the MC home. I thought it would be like P4G, where the MC boards a train and goes home alone.

Seeing how Morgana turned out to be alive, I'm 100% sure Akechi has survived too.

Now to reload the other save file and do this all over again to reach NG+.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I never liked Toy Story. Only Pixar movie I liked was The Incredibles ... and A Bug's Life when I was around 7-8. Other Pixar movies I've seen (Ratatouille, WALL-E, Finding Nemo, and Brave) all ranged from meh to disappointing.

I get what you mean. Marvel and Star Wars have their own universe with lots of lore and completely different style. 

I've never seen Spirited Away, but heard good things about it.

Completely forgot about the Muppets, used to watch that a lot as a kid. I liked that green frog the most. 

Thanks :D , my favourite ones are Takemi, Yusuke, Sadayo, and Chihaya. Futaba's confidant story was funny.

I will admit. Seeing Toy Story 3 as an adult with friends we all had to pretend the theater got very dusty as the toys were heading down into the fiery pit :( 

You should check out Spirited Away, it is truly a marvel in story telling and art direction

Good news, I finally beat the game yesterday! Honestly I thought the plot got a bit worse after the 6th palace, but it was still enjoyable.

On trophies I only need the NG+ trophies and the Reaper. I beat the 7th palace on 12/8 which canceled out the flu season day on 12/9 so I didn't bother killing the Reaper, but I have a save on 11/25 to do it. My only problem is going to be my low compendium completion. I've only got 70% so I'll probably have to go kinda far in the game to have enough funds to complete it.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2017 at 10:30 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm in.It will be my first Persona game-experience

Enjoy it! Definitely, will follow along with my own pace since I already completed the game with a majority of the trophies. Will most likely play along during for my second run through since I already started a second playthrough and have planned to play the game on my own time!

15 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Good news, I finally beat the game yesterday! Honestly I thought the plot got a bit worse after the 6th palace, but it was still enjoyable.

On trophies I only need the NG+ trophies and the Reaper. I beat the 7th palace on 12/8 which canceled out the flu season day on 12/9 so I didn't bother killing the Reaper, but I have a save on 11/25 to do it. My only problem is going to be my low compendium completion. I've only got 70% so I'll probably have to go kinda far in the game to have enough funds to complete it.

For the compendium stuff, there are a bunch of useful fusion guides out there on Gamefaqs and such. These fusion guides go into what fuses what and how to do so. I suggest getting at least a sticky note and doing a type of checklist. 

Also about funds, if you know about the reaper grinding then I can assume you know about the quest confusion money grinding method. Not going to go into too much detail since there are tons of videos out there on how to do it but that should help with grinding for dosh.

@JesterZelfer96 Yep the confuse trick was the plan. I had run out of requests I think in my main playthrough anyway. Question on NG+ though: is there a point to ranking up confidants again if I already have the trophy? I know I get some stuff from getting the rank 10 items but I don't know if that means I get baton pass and stuff like that.

3 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

@JesterZelfer96 Yep the confuse trick was the plan. I had run out of requests I think in my main playthrough anyway. Question on NG+ though: is there a point to ranking up confidants again if I already have the trophy? I know I get some stuff from getting the rank 10 items but I don't know if that means I get baton pass and stuff like that.

To my knowledge, the gifts you get at the end gives and unlock only one beneficial aspect of their social link. For instance, with Kawakami, if you maxed her out, accepted her gift, and started a new game + run, you will only receive the free massages aspect of her confidant. Which means no free class time and other benefits. This pertains to the rest of the other confidants. I'm pretty sure the gift description tells you what single benefit you receive, the rest, you will have to grind up that confident.

Imo though, it is much easier to max out everyone during your second run because your not limited by a guide and your not spending half your time grinding  foryour social status. But honestly, I just have been ignoring the majority of them and just hitting the gym to max out my HP for that one fun fight. Haha

5 hours ago, JesterZelfer96 said:

Imo though, it is much easier to max out everyone during your second run because your not limited by a guide and your not spending half your time grinding  foryour social status. But honestly, I just have been ignoring the majority of them and just hitting the gym to max out my HP for that one fun fight. Haha

NG+ here, starting the Cruiser Palace. All of my Confidants are maxed out except for Haru. She still needs a few more ranks. Video game trophy is done, same with book trophy so I don't have much to do in the game and I've been making Joker go to bed early. Is the HP boost from the gym absolutely necessary or can I still fast forward by sleeping and have a chance of defeating the twins?

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I will admit. Seeing Toy Story 3 as an adult with friends we all had to pretend the theater got very dusty as the toys were heading down into the fiery pit :( 

You should check out Spirited Away, it is truly a marvel in story telling and art direction

IIRC there's a Toy Story 4 coming, so the third movie must've been a commercial success.

Alright, I'll check it out.

7 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . If you don't want to do a full second playthrough, just reload the save from 11/25 and farm the Reaper. On Safe difficulty you get like 6 times more money and 3 times more exp. 

30 minutes ago, Myu said:

NG+ here, starting the Cruiser Palace. All of my Confidants are maxed out except for Haru. She still needs a few more ranks. Video game trophy is done, same with book trophy so I don't have much to do in the game and I've been making Joker go to bed early. Is the HP boost from the gym absolutely necessary or can I still fast forward by sleeping and have a chance of defeating the twins?

Nice, that's fast. 

No, the HP boosts aren't necessary, as people have been able to defeat the twins with just Yoshitsune.

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

IIRC there's a Toy Story 4 coming, so the third movie must've been a commercial success.

Alright, I'll check it out.

Nice, congrats :yay: . If you don't want to do a full second playthrough, just reload the save from 11/25 and farm the Reaper. On Safe difficulty you get like 6 times more money and 3 times more exp. 

Nice, that's fast. 

No, the HP boosts aren't necessary, as people have been able to defeat the twins with just Yoshitsune.

I'm almost finished with the game :D 

I'm done with the Compendium, I've created that killing machine of a Persona and I've already tested its efficiency against the Twins. 

I'm only left with two things : finishing all the requests (currently on my way to get the last one) and maxing out all the Confidants. I only have Mona and Igor left, both at Rank 9. I don't remember if I have to go to the end of the game to get those, we'll see. 

Get that Fox badge ready! :P (with "Myu" on it please)  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Myu said:

I'm almost finished with the game :D 

I'm done with the Compendium, I've created that killing machine of a Persona and I've already tested its efficiency against the Twins. 

I'm only left with two things : finishing all the requests (currently on my way to get the last one) and maxing out all the Confidants. I only have Mona and Igor left, both at Rank 9. I don't remember if I have to go to the end of the game to get those, we'll see. 

Get that Fox badge ready! :P (with "Myu" on it please)  

Nice, congrats :yay: .

Igor's Confidant maxes out when

Spoiler

Lavenza appears

so it's almost near the end.

Alright, I'll get on it. Good luck with the final stretch :D .

• Like 1