Let's Play Persona 5

50 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Haha, then you are hereby forgiven. :lol: I'll be sure to defer to your judgement on best husbando then. :P

Hide contents

Well, unlike Sadayo, she plays quite an important part in the story. I mean she interrogates you for most the game, so I have to wonder how it would work. An interesting thought, though!

See, the thing about P5 is that if you say pretty much any guy I will probably be like "yeah, good choice" X)

Spoiler

True, but P3P had the Ryoji and Minako path, which was just fantastic. Granted, Ryoji is in the game for a much shorter time than Sae, but it could work if they got a little creative.

• Like 1

So picked the game up on firday and put 24 hours in over the weekend (bloody hell) just finished the third palace and I have to say that early on SP adhesive 3 is just broken right? I only have 2 at the moment but it made the palace much easier to do in one day, skills are ticking along nicely and have death at 7 waiting for charm, Temperance at 8 and just about to do mementos to unlock Fortune as my next priority.

I ended up coming in almost blind instead of completely blind as I saw a post of priorities and I used that at the start but have mainly been playing how I want. At the moment I'm liking Makoto but I think I'm about to meet Futaba so we will see if that changes

5 minutes ago, Dessane said:

So picked the game up on firday and put 24 hours in over the weekend (bloody hell) just finished the third palace and I have to say that early on SP adhesive 3 is just broken right? I only have 2 at the moment but it made the palace much easier to do in one day, skills are ticking along nicely and have death at 7 waiting for charm, Temperance at 8 and just about to do mementos to unlock Fortune as my next priority.

I ended up coming in almost blind instead of completely blind as I saw a post of priorities and I used that at the start but have mainly been playing how I want. At the moment I'm liking Makoto but I think I'm about to meet Futaba so we will see if that changes

Nice, yeah SP Adhesive 3 is OP at the start. Once you get skills that consume 20+ SP, it's not that OP anymore. Though I still used it all the time after obtaining one for each party member, as it's one of the most useful accessories in the game and it stacks with SP regen skills. Have fun with the rest of the game.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 6:26 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

What I did was save at Safe Rooms once in a while

Yeah, I was on the final fight (I think) before the next safe room and letter-of-recommendation holder. I'm usually very cautious and safe as often as I can. Seems like the safe-rooms are stingier in this last dungeon.

Might take a wee break and play something else for a bit. I love P5 but it's one of those games which is so long I start to get burnt out after a while. 

On 12/1/2017 at 7:48 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Two hours without saving, sorry but you were asking for it.In RPGs were i can save manually,i'm saving every 5-10 minutes

It was just the RNG. Had an unlucky battle where the AI decided to whomp on the player character. If I had one criticism of this game, I think its ridiculous that your party can get KO'd but can get immediately revived by an item or skill, but once Joker's down, it doesn't matter what's in your inventory or what skills the other party members have, it's game over. 

I mean, I have items and skills out the wazoo at the moment. I was going into every fight with full HP, and have items like curry and coffee for when my SP got low, so I wasn't pushing my luck. 

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

It was just the RNG. Had an unlucky battle where the AI decided to whomp on the player character. If I had one criticism of this game, I think its ridiculous that your party can get KO'd but can get immediately revived by an item or skill, but once Joker's down, it doesn't matter what's in your inventory or what skills the other party members have, it's game over. 

I mean, I have items and skills out the wazoo at the moment. I was going into every fight with full HP, and have items like curry and coffee for when my SP got low, so I wasn't pushing my luck. 

It happened to me too in a Palace that was somewhat tricky (I don't want to spoil so I'll leave it at that :D). It took me a long time to find my way and Joker got K.O in some random battle right next to the exit because of a Fear or Despair skill, I don't remember. It's really frustrating when it happens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Yeah, I was on the final fight (I think) before the next safe room and letter-of-recommendation holder. I'm usually very cautious and safe as often as I can. Seems like the safe-rooms are stingier in this last dungeon.

Might take a wee break and play something else for a bit. I love P5 but it's one of those games which is so long I start to get burnt out after a while. 

I don't blame you. I got caught myself in the penultimate dungeon, when you have that long boss string with no saves in between. The whole "leader down = party down" stuff is annoying, but it's a LOT better than it used to be (back when any schmo would fire off hama or mudo and wipe out your lead character). The worst for me was always SMT: Nocturne.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't blame you. I got caught myself in the penultimate dungeon, when you have that long boss string with no saves in between. The whole "leader down = party down" stuff is annoying, but it's a LOT better than it used to be (back when any schmo would fire off hama or mudo and wipe out your lead character). The worst for me was always SMT: Nocturne.

SMT Nocturne was hard. Like really hard. Me and my friends used to put the game on Hard for the lulz and we didn't survive very long. :D If this game was released today, people would complain every second of every day about it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

If I had one criticism of this game, I think its ridiculous that your party can get KO'd but can get immediately revived by an item or skill, but once Joker's down, it doesn't matter what's in your inventory or what skills the other party members have, it's game over. 

But Joker's the party leader. He makes all the decisions! They can't possibly figure out how to use an item/skill on their own. :giggle:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Ah that palace, yeah that one requires some running around to get to the exit. I found the third palace the most annoying because there's a very long part where there aren't any safe rooms, then you get like 2 in a row near the end :facepalm: .

8 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

I feel for you too, I once died literally right in front of a safe room. Everyone else was still alive, of course D;

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dessane said:

but I think I'm about to meet Futaba so we will see if that changes

Oh, it will change, everything will change once you meet her :awesome: 

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

, but it's a LOT better than it used to be (back when any schmo would fire off hama or mudo and wipe out your lead character). The worst for me was always SMT: Nocturne.

Hehe... hehe... 

Nocturne... hmm... 

Yea, let's not go there xD

Is it still possible too join or am I too late? :ninja:

But yeah seriously now that I got Code Realize out of the way :lol: I can focus on other stuff like starting Persona 5 which I haven't touched yet.

Btw I was planning on going through blind for the first playthrough so I could enjoy the story & leave the the remaining trophies for the 2nd playthrough cause I needed to be played through twice anyways. So that would work right??

8 minutes ago, Odagiri said:

But yeah seriously now that I got Code Realize out of the way :lol: I can focus on other stuff like starting Persona 5 which I haven't touched yet.

Btw I was planning on going through blind for the first playthrough so I could enjoy the story & leave the the remaining trophies for the 2nd playthrough cause I needed to be played through twice anyways. So that would work right??

Yeah, it'll take longer to get the platinum, but it'll be less stressful as there will be room for a lot of errors in the second playthrough as long as you put up your stats to a decent amount your first playthrough.

24 minutes ago, Odagiri said:

Yeah, it's still possible to join.

Just make sure you get the true ending on the first playthrough, otherwise you'll need a partial third playthrough to plat it. Have fun with the game :D .

25 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, it'll take longer to get the platinum, but it'll be less stressful as there will be room for a lot of errors in the second playthrough as long as you put up your stats to a decent amount your first playthrough.

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking as well.

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, it's still possible to join.

Just make sure you get the true ending on the first playthrough, otherwise you'll need a partial third playthrough to plat it. Have fun with the game :D .

I'll be sure to keep that in mind ^_^ I heard good things about the trophy guide & was gonna take a quick look just in case anywyas, so then I can pick anything this true ending or anything that will make the 2nd time easier. :) 

I just want to avoid spoilers if I can because I loved P4G but sorta knew what was gonna happen except for the extra ending & boss fight & ruined it a little but it was too good a game for me notice it. :D 

But yeah sign me up I guess ;)

Edited by Odagiri

39 minutes ago, ObsidianCat said:

Sign me up!

Added, welcome to the event :D .

34 minutes ago, Odagiri said:

I'll be sure to keep that in mind ^_^ I heard good things about the trophy guide & was gonna take a quick look just in case anywyas, so then I can pick anything this true ending or anything that will make the 2nd time easier. :) 

I just want to avoid spoilers if I can because I loved P4G but sorta knew what was gonna happen except for the extra ending & boss fight & ruined it a little but it was too good a game for me notice it. :D 

But yeah sign me up I guess ;)

That sucks, I went into P4G completely blind and absolutely loved it, though did look up how to get the true ending. The true ending in P5 is very easy to obtain compared to P4G, you just have to answer a question on 2 specific dates. I'll put the dates in a spoiler tag in case you don't want to know them.

Spoiler

November 20 and December 24

Nice, welcome to the event :D .

• Like 1

I must say, I think this game has some of the best video game music of all time. I don't think I've heard a OST that I don't like. I literally will go to the clinic or to the airsoft shop just to listen to the songs or even just go around walking in the rain (c'mon, I know you've probably done it too :P). It's almost hilarious as I will pull these OSTs on my computer or on my phone and listen to them while I'm on my computer doing homework or surfing the web, and then, go play the game and listen to them again.

I also really like the 3rd palace's OST (Price). Favorite palace music so far.

Beat the 3rd palace today. I was on level 24 and found it to be really easy. Especially compared to the second palace. Now, I'm going to work on establishing some confidants and getting my charm up (it's lagging behind the other stats esp. knowledge, it's getting close to max... Kind of like real life lol).

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Just started the 4th palace today, have maxed out 2 confidants (Temperance and Sun) and maxed out Charm and Knowledge with the other 3 at level 4. I've got death at 9 and romanced Makoto (Sorry @Satoshi Ookami). I think it will be close but I might be able to max out them all in one run, but I'm now focusing confidants two or three at a time in case I run out of time.

This is one of the first games in a long time that has captured me totally, I'm sleeping less just so I can play longer which is a great sign of how much I'm liking the game. For veterans of the series how do the others compare? Very glad I got into this :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Beat the 3rd palace today. I was on level 24 and found it to be really easy. Especially compared to the second palace. Now, I'm going to work on establishing some confidants and getting my charm up (it's lagging behind the other stats esp. knowledge, it's getting close to max... Kind of like real life lol).

Nice work :yay: .

2 hours ago, Dessane said:

Just started the 4th palace today, have maxed out 2 confidants (Temperance and Sun) and maxed out Charm and Knowledge with the other 3 at level 4. I've got death at 9 and romanced Makoto (Sorry @Satoshi Ookami). I think it will be close but I might be able to max out them all in one run, but I'm now focusing confidants two or three at a time in case I run out of time.

This is one of the first games in a long time that has captured me totally, I'm sleeping less just so I can play longer which is a great sign of how much I'm liking the game. For veterans of the series how do the others compare? Very glad I got into this :D 

Yay, that's a good choice :highfive: . Good luck with the confidants.

I've only played P4G and P4 Dancing All Night, so not sure if that qualifies as a veteran of the series, but I liked P4G a lot too. Still can't decide if P5 is better because both games have their good points and flaws. The story and characters are top notch in P4G though.

7 hours ago, Dessane said:

I've played Persona 3 FES and Persona Q (which plays a little differently than the others). I'm liking P5 more than both of those because of it's superior gameplay, but I think I like the Persona 3 cast more than the P5 cast, but we'll see if that changes as I unlock all the characters and finish the game.