Let's Play Persona 5

14 hours ago, Dessane said:

I've got death at 9 and romanced Makoto

Time to restart your playthrough. :angry:

14 hours ago, Dessane said:

This is one of the first games in a long time that has captured me totally, I'm sleeping less just so I can play longer which is a great sign of how much I'm liking the game. For veterans of the series how do the others compare? Very glad I got into this :D 

Very favourably I'd say. While Persona 5 is my favourite game in the series, P3 and P4 come close. I don't mention the first two games because they're very different to the later games in the series, although still excellent in their own right.

Persona 3 FES is a little rough around the edges when it comes to gameplay, mainly due to the fact that you can't directly control your party member's actions. I think P3P is actually the better version of Persona 3 mainly because it changes this and improves on many other things while also adding in a female route. I love P3 for its dark story and characters.

Persona 4 Golden is the game most similar to P5, as in it has all the refinements from the previous games/iterations with none of the downsides P3P had (no 3D exploration or anime cutscenes). The gameplay is fantastic. It's a lot more upbeat than P3 and P5, so I guess it's down to personal preference whether you like that or not. I the darker stories of the other games, but P4G is still an an incredible ride. You'll feel extremely satisfied once you reach the end.

You can play both P3P and P4G on Vita, so get on that once you're done with P5. :P

• Like 1

On 7-12-2017 at 8:55 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

NANI?! Why would you do that?!

On 7-12-2017 at 8:59 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Time to restart your playthrough. :angry:

Obviously, it was the best choice :P .

Also @Satoshi Ookami I finally know what your location refers to.

19 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Wow... did not expect THAT person to be the 4th palace. Though, I think it's a pretty interesting surprise and damn... That backstory!

I had the same reaction when reaching it. The 4th palace is my favourite one, I really like the setting.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

So I'm about halfway through the 7th palace and am up to the current date, was proud of myself for picking the twist quite a while back but towards the reveal it was all pretty obvious. I've read all books and maxed out all confidants except for Yuuske and Haru but am rapidly running out of time! It is looking like I will finish this playthrough this week and shouldn't have too many things left to clean up. I'm sad that Haru is introduced so late as I feel she doesn't get as much story as the others but that's life really. Very glad this thread convinced me to pick up Persona. I'll have to check the others out at some point, I loved the one SMT game I ever played on DS and had no idea the series were connected until recently.

Unrelated I got a promotion today so my gaming budget has expanded woo, just hope my time at work doesn't also balloon :P 

• Like 3

Well finally got started on Persona 5 at last :dance: Haven't had too much time tonight but I've gotten through the spooky castle with Blondie :P But I have noticed that Morgana is like Teddie from P4G,but yeah really enjoying it so far & can't wait to make some real progress in the next couple days soon. :D 

• Like 3

On 12-12-2017 at 0:15 AM, Odagiri said:

Well finally got started on Persona 5 at last :dance: Haven't had too much time tonight but I've gotten through the spooky castle with Blondie :P But I have noticed that Morgana is like Teddie from P4G,but yeah really enjoying it so far & can't wait to make some real progress in the next couple days soon. :D 

Nice, have fun with the game :D .

On the 5th palace now. I have knowledge and charm MAXED and everything else at 4 (I actually was able to max out knowledge the night before the second set of exams!). I completed the Death Arcana, but decided not to romance Tae as i don't know, it just seems to be freaking weird to be a high school student trying to romance a doctor of all things! xD With that being said, I have Ichiko at level 6, Kawakawi (eh, close enough on the spelling) at 8 and a bunch of them at 5 and will likely either romance Kawakawi (and I just talked about romancing a doctor as weird!) because that would be the most rebellious thing to do, or romancing either Hifumi or Makoto because it's obvious that Hifumi totally digs your character after you get a charm of 3 and I feel like Makoto has a total crush on the MC so they seem like the best couple out of the phantom thieves. I love Futaba as a character and think that she is the best character in the game, but i feel like romancing her would just be too weird. That's like romancing your adopted sister, and I'm not touching that with a 10-foot pole! ?

• Like 3

Just finished my first playthrough  and bloody Fox was at 9 and didn't rank up on the last day which was super frustrating. Luckily I had a save like 2 weeks back that I could use to max everyone out but now I'll have to run through the last palace once more. I'll have to max him out in my second playthrough for the persona but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the plat. The game has been awesome, very glad to have checked it out

• Like 2

On 16-12-2017 at 1:50 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

On the 5th palace now. I have knowledge and charm MAXED and everything else at 4 (I actually was able to max out knowledge the night before the second set of exams!). I completed the Death Arcana, but decided not to romance Tae as i don't know, it just seems to be freaking weird to be a high school student trying to romance a doctor of all things! xD With that being said, I have Ichiko at level 6, Kawakawi (eh, close enough on the spelling) at 8 and a bunch of them at 5 and will likely either romance Kawakawi (and I just talked about romancing a doctor as weird!) because that would be the most rebellious thing to do, or romancing either Hifumi or Makoto because it's obvious that Hifumi totally digs your character after you get a charm of 3 and I feel like Makoto has a total crush on the MC so they seem like the best couple out of the phantom thieves. I love Futaba as a character and think that she is the best character in the game, but i feel like romancing her would just be too weird. That's like romancing your adopted sister, and I'm not touching that with a 10-foot pole! 1f44c.png

Lol, I like how you said it was weird to romance a doctor, only to consider romancing kawakami afterwards :lol: .

On 16-12-2017 at 7:45 AM, Dessane said:

Just finished my first playthrough  and bloody Fox was at 9 and didn't rank up on the last day which was super frustrating. Luckily I had a save like 2 weeks back that I could use to max everyone out but now I'll have to run through the last palace once more. I'll have to max him out in my second playthrough for the persona but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the plat. The game has been awesome, very glad to have checked it out

Damn, that sucks. I had the same thing with the Devil confidant and had to reload a save from a month earlier and replay the 6th and 7th palaces -_- .

10 hours ago, dan2512 said:

Can I still join? 

Sure, you can still join.

17 hours ago, d_Tribalee said:

I bought this game about 2 week ago with ps4, can i still join the event ? 

Im gonna try my best, still in second palace because rarely time to play.

17 hours ago, Kaleniya said:

I would like to join, if it's still possible. I bought the game together with my PS4 Pro on Black Friday and am about halfway through NG+ right now.

Welcome to the event and have fun :D .

19 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn, that sucks. I had the same thing with the Devil confidant and had to reload a save from a month earlier and replay the 6th and 7th palaces -_- .

I was just so annoyed because I'm sure there was a couple of wasted days, as I proved when i could go back to just after that last boss and could max him out that time after a few restarts. had to max him and get Haru like 3 levels so it was a bit of juggling. Ah well I got there so just gotta run though that palace once more and then I can just speed through the story for a bit on NG+ to max him there and get the last fusion I need on taht playthrough. Easy ?

So with today’s announcement who is keen for the Catherine remake?  I've been wanting to play it for ages so I'm stoked, I only ever played the first night before I lost access to the game but super keen to actually play it now. I'm starting to realise how many games Atlus made that I really like. 

50 minutes ago, Dessane said:

So with today’s announcement who is keen for the Catherine remake?  I've been wanting to play it for ages so I'm stoked, I only ever played the first night before I lost access to the game but super keen to actually play it now. I'm starting to realise how many games Atlus made that I really like. 

I enjoyed the PS3 version and might get the remake it if there's enough new content.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dessane said:

I'm pumped. I want to get the plat for it and prove my worth. (Or something like that lol)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dessane said:

I'm incredibly excited! Catherine is one of my favourite games on PS3. I would have accepted a straight-up remaster of the game, but it's got a ton of additional content and a new cutie, Rin! She's my new favourite already. <3 I can't wait to platinum it again. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm incredibly excited! Catherine is one of my favourite games on PS3. I would have accepted a straight-up remaster of the game, but it's got a ton of additional content and a new cutie, Rin! She's my new favourite already. <3 I can't wait to platinum it again. :D

Rin? I thought the new girl was supposed to be named Catherine (or something like that) too :hmm: .

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Rin? I thought the new girl was supposed to be named Catherine (or something like that) too :hmm: .

Maybe she's called CatheRIN or something. :P I'm just going off what was in this article: https://gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-new-endings-episodes-anime-sexy-events-online-battles

• The third “Catherine” is named Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano). She is a pianist at Vincent’s regular bar, and has an exceedingly honest and gentle personality. Rin’s involvement in the story will introduce new branches for the other two “Catherines.”

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Maybe she's called CatheRIN or something. :P I'm just going off what was in this article: https://gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-new-endings-episodes-anime-sexy-events-online-battles

Lol, that's a possibility. Don't like the part that says "online battles", somehow that makes me think of competitive Babel mode *shudders*.