Let's Play Persona 5

13 hours ago, Dessane said:

So with today’s announcement who is keen for the Catherine remake?  I've been wanting to play it for ages so I'm stoked, I only ever played the first night before I lost access to the game but super keen to actually play it now. I'm starting to realise how many games Atlus made that I really like. 

I was surprised to hear about this especially for the vita but I'm excited :D I was on fence about getting it but a 3rd Catherine (Rin right?) & stuff like online battle has me tempted to buy it! But I still have the ps3 version so that might end up getting beat sooner then I expected :awesome:

Edited by Odagiri

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Rin? I thought the new girl was supposed to be named Catherine (or something like that) too :hmm: .

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Maybe she's called CatheRIN or something. :P I'm just going off what was in this article: https://gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-new-endings-episodes-anime-sexy-events-online-battles

Rin is a pretty common nickname for someone called Catherine where I grew up so still fits. Missed oppurtunity for Qatherine.

As for Persona, I maxed out my confidants and finally caught that damn fish so just the compendium and the twins to go which I'd say I'm about an hour off depending on how fast I can max out Fox. Almost there

Finished the 6th palace and am now in October. I have my stats maxed and am working on my maxing as many Confidants as possible (this is a blind playthrough). I have Tae and Kawakami maxed, Makoto and Yoshida are at 9. Hifumi, Yuuki, Ichiko, and Ann are at 6 and the rest are between 2-5. Probably won't be able to max them out before the end, but I'll do what I can. 

I have not romanced anyone yet (Tae, Kawakami, or Makoto), but I am going to go with Hifumi because her mom told me that I should not do anything with her daughter, and that was it. She's mine.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Correction
  • Like 2

I finally started NG+ yesterday and already got to a few days after the first palace (5/5 I think). Seems like it's going to be a walk in the park to max. all confidants now, even without a guide, since I already maxed all stats, read all books, completed all video games, etc. on my first playthrough.

17 hours ago, Dessane said:

Missed oppurtunity for Qatherine.

As for Persona, I maxed out my confidants and finally caught that damn fish so just the compendium and the twins to go which I'd say I'm about an hour off depending on how fast I can max out Fox. Almost there

LMAO :lol: .

Nice, congrats :yay: .

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Finished the 6th palace and am now in October. I have my stats maxed and am working on my maxing as many Confidants as possible (this is a blind playthrough). I have Tae and Kawakami maxed, Makoto and Yoshida are at 9. Hifumi, Yuuki, Ichiko, and Ann are at 6 and the rest are between 2-5. Probably won't be able to max them out before the end, but I'll do what I can. 

I have not romanced anyone yet (Tae, Kawakami, or Makoto), but I am going to go with Hifumi because her mom told me that I should not do anything with her daughter, and that was it. She's mine.

Good luck with the confidants.

Lol, I remember hearing something similar when romancing Futaba :lol: .

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I finally started NG+ yesterday and already got to a few days after the first palace (5/5 I think). Seems like it's going to be a walk in the park to max. all confidants now, even without a guide, since I already maxed all stats, read all books, completed all video games, etc. on my first playthrough.

You can do it :highfive: .

18 hours ago, Odagiri said:

I was surprised to hear about this especially for the vita but I'm excited :D I was on fence about getting it but a 3rd Catherine (Rin right?) & stuff like online battle has me tempted to buy it! But I still have the ps3 version so that might end up getting beat sooner then I expected :awesome:

Definitely finish the PS3 version too, it's a great game.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Funny it's Catherine that is being talked here instead of P5 Dancing :awesome: 

Better mark your Christmas calendars, guys.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-persona-5-dancing-star-night-news-set-december-24-live-stream

BECAUSE AOI-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

It's all Atlus, so it counts :awesome: .

I completely forgot about the P3 dancing game :facepalm: .

12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Funny it's Catherine that is being talked here instead of P5 Dancing :awesome: 

Better mark your Christmas calendars, guys.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-persona-5-dancing-star-night-news-set-december-24-live-stream

BECAUSE AOI-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I'm sooooooo waiting for this! I want to see Pancake Boy dance! 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

No

Last I checked, that was a personal opinion ;)

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Is the P3 OST better than Rivers in the Desert, Life Will Change, and Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There? :o .

It's all really based on what you like. I'd say P3 has more of a hip hop feel to it, while P5 has some excellent jazzy stuff going on. You could flip a coin on which soundtrack you preferred and you would still be a winner.

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

We got trailers for P5 and P3 Dancings.

They literally look the same as P4D (just with better characters :awesome:

And better music. :awesome:

Kurusu Akiru has been renamed to Amamiya Ren.

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of the new name. I much prefer Akira, and since that's what I'm used to, I'll be sticking with that.

And I want to pick up Aoi-chan and take her with me home :awesome: 

Well too bad. She belongs to ALL of us. :P

On 23-12-2017 at 2:49 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

It's sad to see no love for P4's OST. I like I'll Face Myself (Reincarnation)Your Affection, and Heartbeat, Heartbreak.

Oh, there definitely is. P4 has one of the best songs, it's just that the total OST package in P5 is a little better than in P4 in my opinion.