Let's Play Persona 5

On 15.1.2018 at 6:10 AM, Vadrael said:

Watchin the anime and playing the games has a difference even though most would say playing Persona is like playing a Anime. As for myself i missed the Style of P4 and P3 in P5 but still it got a nice story and a great battle system also whats great is the bonds you develop with all the people and slowly learn more about them, even many of the side characters are great. One of the most fun points in the game (in all Persona games) is the fact that you can fuse a persona and may have a different outcome, you can even try to make a persona with the abilities you want with enought planning. If you like a good story with a nice atmosphere and a great battle-system supported with nice music then you should play it for 5 hours or so since the beginning can be a drag if the story dont get you from the start.

Thanks for your opinion, I hope it helps make up my mind.

On 15.1.2018 at 8:01 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

That's too bad. What I liked about P5 were the story, characters, exploring Palaces, and learning more about characters through the Confidant ranks. The story starts a bit slow and you don't have any freedom until the first palace can be visited freely. The game has a few flaws though, but the good things outweigh those. What exactly don't you like in P5?

Thanks for your opinion as well. That's the problem: I don't know what I like or dislike about the game, I never played it. I think it'd be fun, but I don't play it for reasons I don't understand myself.

2 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Alright guys. I just grabbed a copy from Walmart for twenty nine. Don't know if I can finish by the deadline, but I will try.

Nice, welcome to the event and have fun with the game :D .

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks for your opinion, I hope it helps make up my mind.

Thanks for your opinion as well. That's the problem: I don't know what I like or dislike about the game, I never played it. I think it'd be fun, but I don't play it for reasons I don't understand myself.

Damn, that really makes this complicated. How far are you into the game? If all else fails, then maybe these shiny, limited edition trophies might convince you to give the game another try :awesome: . It would go well with that Kingdom Hearts trophy.

DVdYoZR.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn, that really makes this complicated. How far are you into the game? If all else fails, then maybe these shiny, limited edition trophies might convince you to give the game another try :awesome: . It would go well with that Kingdom Hearts trophy.

DVdYoZR.png

I didn't play the game one bit so far. It wasn't even in my console. I'm currently leaning towards me being tired of all the grinding I've done lately and that I'm just somewhat tired of playing games. Now that I think of it, it happened somewhat frequently that I had a hard time motivating myself to play games at all & I didn't enjoy great games as much as I used to (for example, I thought Ys VIII would be better than it was for me & I probably would've liked it a lot more one or two years ago). That could be why I'm reluctant to start the game. Maybe taking a break from gaming (or at the very least from earning grindy platinums) for a week or two to clear my head would help me recharge my batteries and make it easier to get back into trophy hunting and gaming in general.

Does this ever happen to you? Do you ever get tired of playing games/grinding to earn a trophy and how do you deal with it if it does?

Tried adding them to my signature as kind of a joke saying they'd all go well with the KH one, but too bad it wasn't visible to the public :D (I'd have removed them shortly afterwards, no need to worry about me claiming a sample price I didn't earn) Anyway, they look good, you did a great job at creating these trophies, but I think the problem lies elsewhere. It's not your fault, but they didn't help.

Well today I finally start Persona 5 :D 

I am hoping I can plat it in 11 days though as it is worth double points in Dragon's New Year contest 

EDIT-Actually it is supposed to be 100-120 hour platinum. I don't think I can do that in 11 days without insane hours and rushing through the game. I think I will wait until after the contest so I can enjoy my playthrough and instead earn some faster plats for the contest. 

Shame to lose the double points though :(

Edited by Dr_Mayus

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

I didn't play the game one bit so far. It wasn't even in my console. I'm currently leaning towards me being tired of all the grinding I've done lately and that I'm just somewhat tired of playing games. Now that I think of it, it happened somewhat frequently that I had a hard time motivating myself to play games at all & I didn't enjoy great games as much as I used to (for example, I thought Ys VIII would be better than it was for me & I probably would've liked it a lot more one or two years ago). That could be why I'm reluctant to start the game. Maybe taking a break from gaming (or at the very least from earning grindy platinums) for a week or two to clear my head would help me recharge my batteries and make it easier to get back into trophy hunting and gaming in general.

Does this ever happen to you? Do you ever get tired of playing games/grinding to earn a trophy and how do you deal with it if it does?

Tried adding them to my signature as kind of a joke saying they'd all go well with the KH one, but too bad it wasn't visible to the public :D (I'd have removed them shortly afterwards, no need to worry about me claiming a sample price I didn't earn) Anyway, they look good, you did a great job at creating these trophies, but I think the problem lies elsewhere. It's not your fault, but they didn't help.

Ah ok, yeah that happens to me from time to time. When it does, I take a break from gaming and usually watch anime, watch movies, or read some books, then come back to gaming whenever the urge returns. Replaying games that I enjoyed a lot also helps sometimes.

Lol, would've liked to see that :lol: . Don't worry though, I added the Sample watermark only because another member shamelessly ripped off the first post and  then pretended to feign ignorance about it.

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well today I finally start Persona 5 :D 

I am hoping I can plat it in 11 days though as it is worth double points in Dragon's New Year contest 

EDIT-Actually it is supposed to be 100-120 hour platinum. I don't think I can do that in 11 days without insane hours and rushing through the game. I think I will wait until after the contest so I can enjoy my playthrough and instead earn some faster plats for the contest. 

Shame to lose the double points though :(

Nice, have fun with it :D . You can definitely plat it in 11 days :awesome: .

2 hours ago, XxLacunaCoilxX said:

I’ll also try and get the platinum, hopefully I’ll get it before April :/

Awesome, welcome to the event :D .

On 1/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

*snip*

21 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Weird, I got it after reaching rank 4, but already worked at all the available shops at least once.

Seems like I was just a little bit impatient :P . I got the message the day after the linear story days with the introduction of the new palace (6/21). Working is probably not a requirement since I only worked at the Beef Bowl shop twice for the Sun confidant but nowhere else.

Edited by Lucas

12 hours ago, viech54 said:

These feelings will be obliterated by the power of Futaba :awesome: 

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

Seems like I was just a little bit impatient :P . I got the message the day after the linear story days with the introduction of the new palace (6/21). Working is probably not a requirement since I only worked at the Beef Bowl shop twice for the Sun confidant but nowhere else.

Ok, it's useful to know that missions won't be received during the days when the story advances.

9 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Started it up tonight. 

Observations:

I feel the hype.

The coach was broadcasting chode a mile away.

The principal looks like Gru.

I already feel furiously loyal to Ryuji.

Have fun with the rest of the game :D .

On 22-1-2018 at 4:54 AM, ObsidianCat said:

Platinum achieved! 

20 hours ago, Vadrael said:

i finally finished it and iam all for the Ann reward xD

Took me over 300 hours just because i wanted to be save and took many more playthroughs then i needed to

Congratulations on becoming a Legendary Phantom Thief :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game? @Vadrael Wow, that's quite the dedication. What did you do to reach 300 hours. Also @ObsidianCat which emblem do you want?

58 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congratulations on becoming a Legendary Phantom Thief :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game? @Vadrael Wow, that's quite the dedication. What did you do to reach 300 hours. Also @ObsidianCat which emblem do you want?

I loved the game but I'm a big fan of the Persona series. I'm on my second run of Golden. Futaba ftw.

first playthrough i simply enjoyed the game and story without thinking about trophies.

Secnond playthrough was focus mainly on Social Confidants and requests but i missed a request somewhere

Third playthrough i focused on all books and video games and vending machines as well as all of futabas lines and the reaper and Twins

and the fourth was all about the Requests only.

With some breaks in between for a smoke i got out my 300 hours but since its a amazing game it wasnt as frustrating as other games

47 minutes ago, ObsidianCat said:

I really like P5 and Futaba but Golden is still my favorite. 1f600.png Just kept thinking Ryuji is no Kanji.

Haha, yeah. I love Persona 5 and it's one of my favorite games of all time but Golden is still my favorite too. I really like Ryuji, but he always felt like a Yosuke/Kanji mix to me :lol:.

12 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

So at what point do I get a little more freedom?

I'm pretty sure that from April 18th onwards, you are free to do whatever you want.