Let's Play Persona 5

Just now, Dav9834 said:

Ya I did too, it seriously bothered me. But then today I was like "what reason did I have problem with it? I don't even remember". I don't like VA changes, so that was probably a huge reason in itself. I always personally believe you keep that VA for that role as long as possible.

But as far as Igor, you not only get used to it, but eventually consider it the norm. 

I am sure I will get used to it as well :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Thanks! :D

It's going to be a long cleanup as I have to do a full playthrough.

Didn't know if you maxed confidants in playthrough 1 you didn't have to do a full playthrough the second time around ><. 

I decided to leave the maxing for playthrough 2, I should have read more but I didn't want to spoil anything ><

Oh well it's ok

The second playthrough will go much faster since you have your endgame equipment and personas. Besides that, having max stats means all the free time can be used for confidants.

7 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

I did it!!! i got the plat!! took me a little bit over a month! what an amazing game.

Nice, congrats :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game and which trophy do you want?

• Like 1

Finally going back to get that last mission for Mishima, but honestly, it feels like visiting an old friend. I see why I missed the mission, though (I nearly missed it this time around as well). But the game is still fun to play, even on a 3rd playthrough.

Hopefully, I'll be adding this plat to my collection by the end of next week.

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Finally going back to get that last mission for Mishima, but honestly, it feels like visiting an old friend. I see why I missed the mission, though (I nearly missed it this time around as well). But the game is still fun to play, even on a 3rd playthrough.

Hopefully, I'll be adding this plat to my collection by the end of next week.

Nice, good luck with the final stretch. That last mission gives one of the best armours as a reward too.

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game and which trophy do you want?

My thoughts are that i LOVED it so much that i bought persona 4 golden and am now platinuming it. It seriously blew me away, it consumed me for a whole month. I even have the soundtrack now and as a professional musician I can really say that it is probably one of the best soundtracks in any game, period. Love that the BASS is the centerline of almost every song.

Give me the Ryuji trophy (they are all beautiful by the way)

24 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

My thoughts are that i LOVED it so much that i bought persona 4 golden and am now platinuming it.

That's great news! I hope even more people get into this awesome series. Personally, Persona 4 is my favorite of all of them (and ranks among my top 5 favorite games of all time). The Golden version is just better, in most every way (only the fishing minigame disappointed me here).

• Like 2

Well I am progressing pretty well. I can say I like the dungeons (or palaces) more than P4G. Random generated is never a good idea so actually having dungeons that were designed to be the way are is a great idea.

Also I have named my team :) we are the Hjartaþjófar. It means Heart Thieves in Icelandic :D

• Like 3

OK I am liking this game a lot (still not as much as P4G though) I am at the part where we are trying to break through the locked door in the Museum and I literally laughed out loud when the camera panned back to Ann standing there in all her clothes. I just thought of this scene from 30 rock

Also I am curious how the scenes with Sae are going. I mean is my character just telling her everything that is happening "So then I rented a DVD and watched part of it, then I was in class and got an answer right and took a book out of the library and read it on the train, then I drank some juice and worked in a flower shop" :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK I am liking this game a lot (still not as much as P4G though) I am at the part where we are trying to break through the locked door in the Museum and I literally laughed out loud when the camera panned back to Ann standing there in all her clothes. I just thought of this scene from 30 rock

Also I am curious how the scenes with Sae are going. I mean is my character just telling her everything that is happening "So then I rented a DVD and watched part of it, then I was in class and got an answer right and took a book out of the library and read it on the train, then I drank some juice and worked in a flower shop" :P

Such a great scene lol

I'm trying to skip most dialog ive already read/heard but it's hard at times when it's just so funny lol

We're at the same spot in the game! Let's see who finishes first! 

Actually nvm don't rush. 

There's a reason the loading screen says take your time. There's so much you can do. 

Lol I dunno! Maybe! She didn't want anything left out! xD

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Such a great scene lol

I'm trying to skip most dialog ive already read/heard but it's hard at times when it's just so funny lol

We're at the same spot in the game! Let's see who finishes first! 

Actually nvm don't rush. 

There's a reason the loading screen says take your time. There's so much you can do. 

Lol I dunno! Maybe! She didn't want anything left out! xD

Well it was so perfectly timed because the way it was framed it looked like Ann was naked so then when it whipped around you got the punch line. A lot of games don't do comedy right and that was just well paced :)

I won't be rushing through but that reminds me of how my P4G platinum went. My first playthrough I didn't use a guide and just played the game how I wanted to. Then on playthrough 2 I used a guide and got all the social links and things like that (so much more in depth) but I screwed up and couldn't get the true ending. So on playthrough 3 I decided to play the life of a social inept person who didn't hang out with anyone and just spent all day in his room reading to get through it as fast as possible ^_^ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well it was so perfectly timed because the way it was framed it looked like Ann was naked so then when it whipped around you got the punch line. A lot of games don't do comedy right and that was just well paced :)

I won't be rushing through but that reminds me of how my P4G platinum went. My first playthrough I didn't use a guide and just played the game how I wanted to. Then on playthrough 2 I used a guide and got all the social links and things like that (so much more in depth) but I screwed up and couldn't get the true ending. So on playthrough 3 I decided to play the life of a social inept person who didn't hang out with anyone and just spent all day in his room reading to get through it as fast as possible ^_^ 

Ya it was perfect lol

Nope don't have to worry with this one, persona 5 is MUCH more accommodating. You need 2 anyway, but it'll be easy no matter. Unless you literally just sleep everyday lol

9 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya it was perfect lol

Nope don't have to worry with this one, persona 5 is MUCH more accommodating. You need 2 anyway, but it'll be easy no matter. Unless you literally just sleep everyday lol

Well about the sleeping it seems this game gives a lot less opportunities to do stuff than P4G? I noticed that most days I am "too tired to do anything" does it open up more later?

18 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well about the sleeping it seems this game gives a lot less opportunities to do stuff than P4G? I noticed that most days I am "too tired to do anything" does it open up more later?

It's on and off. 

But after this palace focus on getting Kawakami all the way up. Also the doctor, and the politician in the square for easier stuff in battle. I didn't max out 1 character in the actual phantom themes lol, only side confidants. 

I don't want to spoil what their abilities are though. 

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

It's on and off. 

But after this palace focus on getting Kawakami all the way up. Also the doctor, and the politician in the square for easier stuff in battle. I didn't max out 1 character in the actual phantom themes lol, only side confidants. 

I don't want to spoil what their abilities are though. 

Yeah it just seemed that P4G had more side stuff to get you connected with the characters. Hopefully that stuff is coming because so far it has just been the Hotel scene. 

Thanks for the advice but I am following a Confident guide which will hopefully let me do it in 1 playthrough. We will see :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah it just seemed that P4G had more side stuff to get you connected with the characters. Hopefully that stuff is coming because so far it has just been the Hotel scene. 

Thanks for the advice but I am following a Confident guide which will hopefully let me do it in 1 playthrough. We will see :)

If you do all confidants like I should have. You won't have to do another full playthrough like me :'(

If I had known :shakes head:

No I prefer ps4G for pretty much that reason. More character development imo

Edited by Dav9834

Just now, Dav9834 said:

If you do all confidants like I should have. You won't have to do another full playthrough like me :'(

If I had known :shakes head:

But on the flip side you got to play it the way you wanted :) If I had followed a guide in P4G I may not have become such a fan of Chie.

The other thing is though I think Joker can use his time better. I mean why can't I make lockpicks at the same as watching TV? Or if Reiju wants to hang out and I am going to see a movie that afternoon....just invite him along :P

Finally the laundry is right next to the bath house. Just throw the dirty clothes in and enjoy a bath. Then when the bath is done get the clothes out. 

This game doesn't teach Time Management that well ^_^

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But on the flip side you got to play it the way you wanted :) If I had followed a guide in P4G I may not have become such a fan of Chie.

The other thing is though I think Joker can use his time better. I mean why can't I make lockpicks at the same as watching TV? Or if Reiju wants to hang out and I am going to see a movie that afternoon....just invite him along :P

Finally the laundry is right next to the bath house. Just throw the dirty clothes in and enjoy a bath. Then when the bath is done get the clothes out. 

This game doesn't teach Time Management that well ^_^

Lol no it doesn't

If I remember in p4g you could ask them to see a movie with you anytime. I dunno why they dropped that. 

Ya I did get to play it without any spoilers, or headsup. I scoured every inch of this game lol 80% of the time it wasn't necessary lol

Edited by Dav9834

39 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Lol no it doesn't

If I remember in p4g you could ask them to see a movie with you anytime. I dunno why they dropped that. 

Ya I did get to play it without any spoilers, or headsup. I scoured every inch of this game lol 80% of the time it wasn't necessary lol

Yeah, a lot of it, I am sure, is window dressing but that adds to the world :)

On 5/10/2017 at 7:22 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

7NWZknR.png

General Information

It's been a long while since I've done an event like this and thought it's about time to do one. For those of you who are familiar with my other Let's Play events, rest assured: this one won't make you suffer, I promise. Each numbered Persona game is standalone, so you don't have to play Persona 1-4 to understand what's going on. Persona 5 is about a boy who moves to Tokyo for a year after being put on probation for a crime he didn't commit. Once there, he awakens his Persona power and uses it to enter the Metaverse in order to stop adults who abuse their power and influence by stealing their hearts. Along the way the protagonist gathers allies and forms the Phantom Thieves.

The goal: is to motivate as many people to try this game and to become a legendary Phantom Thief by stealing that shiny plat before April 5 2018. Why that specific date, you may ask? Simple, the worldwide release of P5 was April 4 2017, so this seems fitting :lol: .

1Lf68317.png

:platinum: Legendary Phantom Thief

Those of you who manage to become a legendary Phantom Thief before this event is over can choose one of theses custom emblems as a reward. 

Reveal hidden contents

DVdYoZR.png

Guides

If you're going for the plat, feel free to consult this guide: Persona 5 Trophy Guide.

Participants

Unlike the Star Ocean thread, I won't be doing introductions. Why you ask? Because that one is still in a league of its own in terms of epicness.

Hall of Fame

Below are the participants who have completed their rehabilitation, conquered the Metaverse, and became legendary Phantom Thieves. If you got the plat, feel free to join the Project Platinum Persona

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Terra (HeavensLightfire): October 8 2017
  2. ShakeNBake663: October 12 2017
  3. Myu (PoupiMyu): October 26 2017
  4. dertswa687o: October 29 2017
  5. Muur1993: October 30 2017
  6. Dragon-Archon: November 7 2017
  7. sephiroth4424: November 18 2017
  8. Dessane: December 27 2017
  9. Amphiprion11513: January 10 2018
  10. ObsidianCat: January 22 2018
  11. Vadrael: January 23 2018

I'm in guys! Probably this can be the reason to complete this beautiful game! :D

5 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Sae is very meticulous and wants to know every little detail of your life :P .

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That's because there was a palace scrapped from the game, so the developers had to think of something to reduce the amount of free days .... and this is what they came up with. It's one of the things that bothers me a lot in this game, though later you can have free time when exploring palaces and mementos when maxing out the Temperance confidant.

1 hour ago, Fenderfix21 said:

I'm in guys! Probably this can be the reason to complete this beautiful game! :D

Awesome, welcome to the event and have fun platting the game :D .

• Like 1

On 2-2-2018 at 4:35 PM, linkdevivo said:

My thoughts are that i LOVED it so much that i bought persona 4 golden and am now platinuming it. It seriously blew me away, it consumed me for a whole month. I even have the soundtrack now and as a professional musician I can really say that it is probably one of the best soundtracks in any game, period. Love that the BASS is the centerline of almost every song.

Give me the Ryuji trophy (they are all beautiful by the way)

Awesome, have fun with Persona 4 Golden. I liked the character development and story more than P5's.

Here's your well-deserved reward for becoming a legendary Phantom Thief:

YtNBft3.png

And with this all trophies have at least been chosen once. Truth be told, I wasn't expecting that to happen :lol: .

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's because there was a palace scrapped from the game, so the developers had to think of something to reduce the amount of free days .... and this is what they came up with. It's one of the things that bothers me a lot in this game, though later you can have free time when exploring palaces and mementos when maxing out the Temperance confidant.

Seriously? I'm going to have to look this up, this is interesting