Let's Play Persona 5

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Finally finished this one off! I'd like my trophy to be of Joker please.

Congrats :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game (things like story, gameplay, characters, soundtrack, trophies, etc.)

Don't forget to save the trophy on your computer to have a backup just in case.

cESK1Lt.png

51 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game (things like story, gameplay, characters, soundtrack, trophies, etc.)

I will say that I do still think Persona games are overrated, but Persona 5 at least was a bit more deserving of the praise it gets.  I can see why people love the game because it touches on themes that nearly any player will have dealt with at some point.  The plot and characters were decently well done, but all the twists really were something you could see a mile away and I honestly tend to be terrible at predicting plot twists.  I enjoyed it, but the series just never will be a major favorite of mine.

Spoiler

Akechi may as well have been wearing a neon sign saying "I'm the real culprit" the whole time because it was obvious he was suspicious.  From the fact that he understood Morgana to him joining up just for a Palace that the player already knew was going to end in Joker's arrest made it clear as day, plus once we saw his mask it was pretty clear he killed Okumura.  The same went with Shido.  While it wasn't so obvious he was the drunk man who caused Joker's arrest, it was pretty clear at the hotel that he was bad news. 

I will say there were a few things that honestly annoyed me.  The treatment of Joker in general was very frustrating.  Even more so during the ending.  Joker was punished far too harshly for crimes that in most cases helped more than they hurt.  The same thing that applied to Shido should have applied to him.  I think they could have handled the end results far better while they attempted to sort everything out.  It just made it feel like everything you fought for in the last few areas was for nothing.

I think the game would have been far better if it had ended with Shido's Palace rather than forcing a struggle with a god.  While I get that humans vs. gods is a common theme of SMT, it's also something that weakens each Persona plot because it feels shoehorned in.  I think it weakens the series as a whole and the sour taste the ending left me with to me ruined what was otherwise a good game.

• 11 months later...

I'm working on Persona 5 right now as part of another challenge I'm in on this board, the Casual Backlog one!  The rules of that one state that we only have to work through the story to complete it, but I think I want to platinum this one.  I know how long it takes, but I'm up for that challenge!  I'm currently about halfway through May of my first run!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...