Am I allowed to create a trophy guide for this game?

Yrva

7 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I'd like to write up one but I'm not sure if I'm allowed or rather meet the requirements? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Yes, you can start writing a guide for a game when you have at least one trophy unlocked and synced to your profile.

Here's the Guide Manual to help you get started.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I'd like to write up one but I'm not sure if I'm allowed or rather meet the requirements? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.

You're allowed to make a guide for any game you like so long as it's on your profile. You don't need to ask for permission, but it's always a good idea to check in this thread to make sure nobody else is working on one:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

You're allowed to make a guide for any game you like so long as it's on your profile. You don't need to ask for permission, but it's always a good idea to check in this thread to make sure nobody else is working on one:

Okay, thank you! I don't think anyone else is, so I suppose I should.

It's probably a good idea to have unlocked the platinum yourself before writing a guide. Not saying you'd be wrong or that it's even required but it just seems sketchy if someone writes a trophy guide without having all the trophies themselves.

Good luck with the guide though! I'd been hoping someone made one for Danganronpa V3 soon ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just checked and it seems two people are already working on a guide for this game, you could ask to join as a contributor.

Oh okay, how would I find them/ask them to see if I could help?

4 minutes ago, johntatsi said:

It's probably a good idea to have unlocked the platinum yourself before writing a guide. Not saying you'd be wrong or that it's even required but it just seems sketchy if someone writes a trophy guide without having all the trophies themselves.

I agree that you should have all the trophies in a game before you attempt to get a guide published, but I see nothing wrong with starting the guide as you're working on the trophies yourself. That's how I prefer doing it since it's still fresh in my mind at that point. You can always go back and edit the trophy as you learn new information from playing more.

14 minutes ago, johntatsi said:

Good luck with the guide though! I'd been hoping someone made one for Danganronpa V3 soon 1f600.png1f601.png

yes and all the games from vita month last month as well. ys 8, mary skelter, drive girls, and of course DRV3. xD

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm working on a guide for Ys VIII (Vita version) and it's almost finished.

:'D

great job! that was definitely fast. maybe i'll have the tales of symphonia plat. by then. just the easiest run is left. its going to feel odd playing a different game, whatever i decide next after already playing through 3 times straight, and then a 4th. xD

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Thanks, it's one of the benefits of starting a guide simultaneously with a game :awesome: .

i expected someone to do the ps4 guide first, so its definitely a surprise that it seems like the vita one will come first. :D

you've made, or contributed in guides that have really helped me out before. SAO HF implement guide and persona 5. idk who the main guide creator of those ones were since there were a number of names. >.< but yeah, i'll definitely be looking forward to checking out your ys viii guide when its done!

7 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i expected someone to do the ps4 guide first, so its definitely a surprise that it seems like the vita one will come first. :D

you've made, or contributed in guides that have really helped me out before. SAO HF implement guide and persona 5. idk who the main guide creator of those ones were since there were a number of names. >.< but yeah, i'll definitely be looking forward to checking out your ys viii guide when its done!

Maybe now people will remember the Vita still exists :lol: .

Thanks, it's nice to know the guides have been helpful.

5 hours ago, johntatsi said:

I don't agree with this in most cases.

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

I don't agree with this in most cases.

I agree, if changes need to be made after getting other trophies or the platinum, then it gets changed. Professional guide writers usually make the guide as they play as well as a rough draft, then go back. (note though there's usually more than 1 person writing for different parts of a guide).

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, he isn't.

Weird. He's the one that got me into danganronpa.  

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

The despair must've been too much.

I agree, if changes need to be made after getting other trophies or the platinum, then it gets changed. Professional guide writers usually make the guide as they play as well as a rough draft, then go back. (note though there's usually more than 1 person writing for different parts of a guide).

That's what I'm doing for Ys VIII, wrote a rough draft when doing the first playthrough, then did some thing differently on a second playthrough to see what would happen and made edits where it was necessary.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The despair must've been too much.

lol, was curious about this thread and saw I was mentioned.

Yeah, the Despair got to me, I'm not doing the V3 guide. Even before the game came out, I made the conscious decision to not do the guide, even though I love the game so dearly. But...

Just now, PixelatedPortal said:

I am the one writing one of the guides but I am fine with any collaboration

Good luck with the guide, and if you ever need help, specifically with the Talent Plan or Monokuma's Dungeon since I'm doing that and it's fresh in my head, let me know, and I'll happily jump on board.