A PS4 Issue or Just This Game?

Berryjammy5

Since there are 70+ character endings, my save files started getting so cluttered that I couldn't keep track of them anymore. I decided to delete some of the earliest save files so I could organize things, and ALL MY DATA WAS ERASED. (Even though it's supposed to save to game/system data, not individual saves.)

All character profiles, all outfits, all CGs, all clear data and records, all of it. Gone.

I've already lamented and made peace that I'll have to start over. My question is, does deleting save files delete game data in all games, or is it just this one?

I've never heard of deleting save files causing deletion of game data before reading this thread. I'm honestly surprised that it would happen even with this game; those files should live in different houses, so to speak, although I know that a lot of games have game saves which immediately trigger system file saves, so maybe that's an issue. But I'd be surprised if it were a PS4 issue...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bearbear245 said:

That sucks man, I wouldn't want to do this grind again.

FYI, I've been saving over old Game Data save files as I'm working towards unlocking all the CGs, and I haven't had any issues with System Data loss.

Oh yeah, saving over old save files was totally fine. It was when I tried deleting useless ones that I lost everything.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I've never heard of deleting save files causing deletion of game data before reading this thread. I'm honestly surprised that it would happen even with this game; those files should live in different houses, so to speak, although I know that a lot of games have game saves which immediately trigger system file saves, so maybe that's an issue. But I'd be surprised if it were a PS4 issue...

I really don't know how it happened either, but I'm just going to back down and never touch my save files until I've 100%ed a game from now on. It's most likely not a PS4 issue now that I think about it, but I'm paranoid now.