Rank the Danganronpa V3 Characters!

Your favourite characters  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite male character?

• Shuichi Saihara
    • Rantaro Amami
    • Kokichi Oma
    • K1-B0 (Keebo)
    • Gonta Gokuhara
    • Korekiyo Shinguji
    • Ryoma Hoshi
    • Kaito Momota
  2. 2. Who's your favourite female character?

• Kaede Akamatsu
    • Miu Iruma
    • Tsumugi Shirogane
    • Tenko Chabashira
    • Kirumi Tojo
    • Maki Harukawa
    • Himiko Yumeno
    • Angie Yonaga
  3. 3. Who's your favourite Monokub?

The Danganronpa series is know for it's colourful cast of characters, and V3 is no exception. As is always the case, though, people like certain characters more than others, so I'd like see what you guys think. The poll is there to determine who your absolute favourite characters are, but feel free rank them from favourite to least favourite in a post down below. I've split the characters up into each gender, and I've also included the Monokubs just for fun. :giggle: You can just rank the students if you like, or just use the poll. It's up to you.

This thread is intended to be looked at after you've completed the game, so feel free to post spoilers.

Here are the students:

Spoiler

xEbIMen.png

JEZ6GHA.png

KwxSDCv.png

Mh28MCX.png

My personal ranking:

Male

1. Shuichi Saihara
  2. Kaito Momota
  3. Kokichi Oma
  4. K1-B0 (Keebo)
  5. Gonta Gokuhara
  6. Korekiyo Shinguji
  7. Ryoma Hoshi
  8. Rantaro Amami

Female

1. Miu Iruma
  2. Kaede Akamatsu
  3. Maki Harukawa
  4. Himiko Yumeno
  5. Tenko Chabashira
  6. Tsumugi Shirogane
  7. Kirumi Tojo
  8. Angie Yonaga

Monokubs

1. Monokid
  2. Monotaro
  3. Monosuke
  4. Monodam
  5. Monophanie
Edited by Undead Wolf
Changed personal ranking

It's a little harder for me to rank the characters in this one, at least the ones between my favorite and least favorite, because those two are more easily rankable, but I'll try my best to rank everyone and say a little bit why. Even though we are free to post spoilers, I'll still put it under a spoiler tag for wandering eyes who end up coming in here who haven't finished the game.

Males

Spoiler

1. Gonta- He's so damn big and lovable, chapter 4 made me sad.
  2. Kaito- The ultimate bro, I liked how he wasn't the Hagakure V3 like everyone (or maybe just me) though he'd be, at least to an extent. Damn optimistic, though.
  3. Rantaro- Chapter 1 still makes me a little mad because I thought he was so interesting and wanted to know more about him immediately, but I understand why they did it.
  4. Ryoma- Liked him a lot more than I thought, because I though he was gonna be in the same vein as Hifumi or Teruteru for me, so glad I was wrong.
  5. Korekiyo- Interesting as fuck, but also creepy as fuck. Really like his design, too.
  6. Keebo- He was cool and all, but I didn't care much for him.
  7. Shuichi- Like Makoto, a protag I just didn't care much for. As with Rantaro, I know why they did what they did in Ch 1, but I still don't like it.
  8. Kokichi- I get everything he was trying to do, but I still really didn't care for him.

Females

Spoiler

1. Miu- The embodiment of dirty jokes, she said so many things that just cracked me up. + For Wendee Lee voicing her, there's a reason I've had her as my avatar since last year. Sad for Ch 4 once again.
  2. Tenko- She's Mahiru (Favorite from SDR2) turned up to 11. Hating of degenerate males aside, I liked her.
  3. Himiko- I really liked her character growth.
  4. Maki- Actually didn't like her all that much in the beginning, but rose up starting after Ch 3, which I'm glad for.
  5. Kirumi- I wish we could've gotten to know more about her in the main story, felt like there wasn't enough, but I still like her. Also, is it just me, or is her voice different in the full game from the demo? I swear Wendee Lee did the voice in the demo, but Kira Buckland is the voice in the main game.
  6. Kaede- She's great and all, but I'm severely disappointed she wasn't the protag through the whole game. It would've been a much different experience from Shuichi, and again, I understand why they did it, but I still don't like it.
  7. Angie- She was okay in the beginning, but as the game went on, I came to dislike her more because of her actions.
  8. Tsumugi- Plainly plain... need I say more? Just didn't care much for her.

Monokubs

Spoiler

1. Monokib- While not as dirty as Miu, he had his moments, and I liked his attitude.
  2. Monosuke- Some of the stuff he said was great, liked his accent too.
  3. Monodam- This robot gave no fucks and he knew it
  4. Monotaro- A bit plain, but the Ch 4 stuff got me
  5. Monphanie- Best part was the sound of her barfing, always made me laugh.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

Male

Spoiler

1. Keebo - I didn't care much for him at first but as the game went on he really grew on me, especially at the end.

2. Kaito - Very bro tier, plus he reminded me a lot of Kamina from Gurren Lagann :P

3. Shuichi - I really liked his development at the beginning. Definitely my favorite of the protags.

4. Gonta - Despite being very gullible he was still nice at the end. He also did nothing wrong, and you can't tell me otherwise!

5. Ryoma - There wasn't a lot to learn about him but he still seemed like a cool character regardless.

6. Korekiyo - Was a cool character despite being a bit of a weirdo.

7. Kokichi - It was hard for me to like him but also hard for me to hate.

8. Rantaro - We don't really learn much about him, so that's why he gets last place.

Female

Spoiler

1. Miu - Her dating path in the bonus mode had her take first place.

2. Kaede - Very caring character, and the way she holds Shuichi's hand before the first trial was really nice.

3. Maki Roll - I liked how she at least tried to (reluctantly) make friends despite her talent and backstory.

4. Himiko - She was cute, especially when it came to her magic.

5. Tsumugi - She was also cute but I thought it was funny the way she reacted to the stuff Miu would say.

6. Tenko - I was mostly put off with her "degenerate male" stuff but I did like how she did want to protect Himiko and seemed willing to trust Shuichi later on.

7. Kirumi - I really wanted her to be the top pick honestly, but outside of being a maid and something of a motherly figure I don't feel like there was much else to her that made me like her.

8. Angie - I did like her a bit at first, but then she started getting others into that cult stuff. I feel like if nothing stopped her she would have eventually made everyone start drinking some Kool-Aid.

Monokubs

Spoiler

1. Monokid - It's Monokid, c'mon :P

2. Monodan - Was also pretty funny.

3. Monotaro - He gave me a good laugh also, especially when interacting with Monophanie.

4. Monophanie - Her interactions with Monotaro were great

5. Monosuke - Probably the least memorable but he still had some moments.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

Wow umm...

I do not know what to say

Favorite Male

1)Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars

How can you not love him? lol Imagine him with Kazuichi Soda? Hahaha

2) Kokichi Oma. Dude was badass man. Imagine he squared off with Nagito Komaeda? Damn that would've been awesome lol

Favorite Female

1) Maki Harukawa. She reminded to much of Kyoko Kirigiri towards the end. Also that part after the class trial about Kaito Momota.....*spoiler*

2) Himiko Yumeno. She literally reminded of Yukari Sendo from Rosario + Vampire lol

Edited by syumisan

33 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Come on guys, Monodam's the best

:giggle:

34 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Also at the start of the game I was thinking I would dislike the monokubs, yet they are as good as monokuma and made the announcements actually fun

Yeah, the Monokubs were a fantastic addition. There were so many moments where I couldn't help laughing out loud. I used the English dub, and I remember there was one part where Monophanie threw up and then you just hear Monokid say "I've got a ROCK HARD RAGER!". That cracked me up. :lol: Monotaro and Monophanie being in a romantic relationship was also pretty hilarious, especially in that one announcement video where he starts beating her... I'm a bad person. :P

24 minutes ago, syumisan said:

2) Kokichi Oma. Dude was badass man. Imagine he squared off with Nagito Komaeda? Damn that would've been awesome lol

I don't know if I'd call him "badass" since in the end it turns out he was just the leader of a group of harmless pranksters. In other words, he was just a big fat phony. :P Still, I really enjoyed him as a character. He always made things interesting. Komaeda's in a whole other league for me, though, and he would certainly win in a fight against Kokichi. He is the ultimate lucky student after all. Also, dat butt... :holy:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't know if I'd call him "badass" since in the end it turns out he was just the leader of a group of harmless pranksters. In other words, he was just a big fat phony. :P Still, I really enjoyed him as a character. He always made things interesting. Komaeda's in a whole other league for me, though, and he would certainly win in a fight against Kokichi. He is the ultimate lucky student after all. Also, dat butt... :holy:

Hide contents

Think about it. You never knew what Kokichi was thinking about the entire time dispite the fact he was a leader of pranks lol. He did a good justice for me and Nagito, we never knew what was in his mind at all even with that crazy as suicide he did at the end. Bro.... their brains together would be something else. They both did a sacrificial suicide with someone else killing them, think about it.

2 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Think about it. You never knew what Kokichi was thinking about the entire time dispite the fact he was a leader of pranks lol. He did a good justice for me and Nagito, we never knew what was in his mind at all even with that crazy as suicide he did at the end. Bro.... their brains together would be something else. They both did a sacrificial suicide with someone else killing them, think about it.

Personally I never managed to like Nagito yet by the end of the game I kinda liked kokichi

Edited by PixelatedPortal

21 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Personally I never managed to like Nagito yet by the end of the game I kinda liked kokichi

Lol I was weirded out by Nagito in the beginning, don't get me wrong. Then later one with his twisted thoughts and actions, I liked him, he was curious like how Kokichi was when he spoke to the other characters :)

Just now, syumisan said:

Lol I was weirded out by Nagito in the beginning, don't get me wrong. Then later one with his twisted thoughts and actions, I liked him, he was curious like how Kokichi was when he spoke to the other characters :)

He is a good character, I just hated him because I knew his mentality. Kokichi is a different case where you don't even knoow whatever he says is truth or a lie, what he did on the 5th case is even left to whatever you want to believe

It's difficult this time, way more difficult than in the first two games. Almost every character was adorable in their own way, I loved how much personality they gave to them all. 

My ranking are as follow:

Girls: 

Spoiler

1. Miu Iruma - Loved her vulgarity, what a shame she ended up dead. 
2. Himiko Yumeno - Naaaarf, so adorable, she started to grow on me after Chapter 3. 
3. Tsumugi Shirogane
4. Maki Harukawa
5. Tenko Chabashira
6. Kaede Akamatsu
7. Angie Yonaga
8. Kirumi Tojo - Her character made no sense at all.. but maybe that is just me lol 

Boys:

Spoiler

1. K1-B0 (Keebo)

2. Kokichi Oma

3. Kaito Momota

4. Shuichi Saihara

5. Gonta Gokuhara

6. Rantaro Amami

7. Ryoma Hoshi

8. Korekiyo Shinguji - His laugh was so annoying >.< 

Monokubs:

Spoiler