It is not worth it

Florian9600

18 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

It's just the way it is. That's how it appears on your trophy list, too. 

This game is terrible, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.. 

This is not a valid excuse, because on consoles several games have "Blahblahblah trophy list" or "Trophies for Blahblahblah" as the name of the trophy lists.

If it was sold and advertised as Monster Jam Battlegrounds it's named Monster Jam Battlegrounds.

Edited by Lance_87

13 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

This is not a valid excuse, because on consoles several games have "Blahblahblah trophy list" or "Trophies for Blahblahblah" as the name of the trophy lists.

If it was sold and advertised as Monster Jam Battlegrounds it's named Monster Jam Battlegrounds.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure a lot of this stuff is automated. The trophy list is simply "Monster Jam" on PSN, and thus the topic section is created with the same name. Whether it can be changed or not, is something you would have to ask a mod or the site owner. 

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure a lot of this stuff is automated. The trophy list is simply "Monster Jam" on PSN, and thus the topic section is created with the same name. Whether it can be changed or not, is something you would have to ask a mod or the site owner. 

I already tried reporting it but nobody answered or changed it.

The trophy list in the main site has the proper name, so it needs to be changed in the forum.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3697-monster-jam-battlegrounds

I'm playing and it is a  bit shit but I might as well carry on. I turned the (repetitive) music off using something called 'options' in the pause menu.

Thanks for platting it so we don't have to play such a shitty game, how's Sound Shapes and .detuned going?

• Like 3

On 10/6/2017 at 8:07 PM, AndresLionheart said:

No Platinum is worth it if you don't like the game. Playing shitty games just for easy plats is stupid.

Quite true, but you're in the wrong place to say this.

And on the topic subject the game is bad, bad, bad.

Edited by cris3f

The worst part about all of this? By people talking about something you give it publicity, if you really don't like something and really do not want anybody to play it, just never talk about it, thus its almost like nobody ever knew it existed. 

Now I gotta play it after seeing the OP's hate for it.

P.S

My extended family sucks a giant cock, sister is another story.

After playing this game I actually find it kinda fun and relaxing, nobody is yelling over a microphone, i'm not getting assraped by 30 orcs.

And I like monster trucks, and this game is probably for kids, I would say this is just a normal bargain game, besides the controls being kinda weird on the skill tracks/stunt tracks

Edited by Radical-Cool-Boy
  • Like 1

This game was so bad I made a new profile on my PS3 so I wouldn't have to see this travesty. This is one of the worst games I've played this year, I'd not the contender for the worst. Why? The controls are shit. 

If if you guys want a better version of this, play Monster Jam: Crush it! It's mediocre but it controls well. Battlegrounds can disappear to oblivion. 

20 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The game isn't great but it is not the worst game I have ever played. I am having no trouble with the control and have already gotten the "hardest" 3 stars in the game.

It is a fun little game that we got for free. 

You're 1 in a million, man. :/ I played it for only a short amount of time, before realizing how terrible it was. But due to my insistence to not let my completion drop, I manned up and endured. The sound likes to cut out, it will freeze, and I even had a trophy glitch forcing a restart. And the controls are so awful on top of it. Makes a couple of stunt jumps a real pain.

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

You're 1 in a million, man. :/ I played it for only a short amount of time, before realizing how terrible it was. But due to my insistence to not let my completion drop, I manned up and endured. The sound likes to cut out, it will freeze, and I even had a trophy glitch forcing a restart. And the controls are so awful on top of it. Makes a couple of stunt jumps a real pain.

Hey I platted Tony Hawk RIDE and Fairy Tale Fights...this isn't even close to those games

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey I platted Tony Hawk RIDE and Fairy Tale Fights...this isn't even close to those games

I haven't played either, but have had worse experiences than it(Beach Buggy Racing and its 77 hour grind can go die in a fire). Still, I'd have a hard time telling anyone this is worth playing. 

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

I haven't played either, but have had worse experiences than it(Beach Buggy Racing and its 77 hour grind can go die in a fire). Still, I'd have a hard time telling anyone this is worth playing. 

Trust me...Tony Hawk RIDE and Fairy Tale Fights are among the worse games you will ever play...there is no comparison for them.

I would never tell anyone to buy this game (for any money) but for free I can't complain. Like I said it isn't great but for I am enjoying it for what it is. I would definitely tell me to just play Excite Truck for the WIi (if you can find that game) as it is a FAR superior version to this game. Actually @Parker if you want a fun game to play with your kid try to find a copy of Excite Truck for the Wii...it is really good. There was a sequel called Excite Bots which wasn't as good but still fun.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Trust me...Tony Hawk RIDE and Fairy Tale Fights are among the worse games you will ever play...there is no comparison for them.

I would never tell anyone to buy this game (for any money) but for free I can't complain. Like I said it isn't great but for I am enjoying it for what it is. I would definitely tell me to just play Excite Truck for the WIi (if you can find that game) as it is a FAR superior version to this game. Actually @Parker if you want a fun game to play with your kid try to find a copy of Excite Truck for the Wii...it is really good. There was a sequel called Excite Bots which wasn't as good but still fun.

Lol. I'll have to take your word for it. 

I'm really glad I didn't pay for it. Would have been extremely dissatisfied with that purchase. And this is coming from someone who bought Toro. :/ Last month's Truck Racer was a better game, in my opinion. And you can even race against other truckers online. 

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. I'll have to take your word for it. 

I'm really glad I didn't pay for it. Would have been extremely dissatisfied with that purchase. And this is coming from someone who bought Toro. :/ Last month's Truck Racer was a better game, in my opinion. And you can even race against other truckers online. 

So of course as I say this the game freezes on me ^_^ Oh well I need to get to bed anyways.  I played the game for a couple of hours and I am at 103 stars already...I am not sure if that is good or not but hopefully I can "plat" this tomorrow (of course I am not platting anything these days thanks to #200)

I didn't pick up Truck Racers, but I started Spy Chameleon (another free game) and I am really bored with that game. That is one of those games that should have stopped at level 50...not 75

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So of course as I say this the game freezes on me ^_^ Oh well I need to get to bed anyways.  I played the game for a couple of hours and I am at 103 stars already...I am not sure if that is good or not but hopefully I can "plat" this tomorrow (of course I am not platting anything these days thanks to #200)

I didn't pick up Truck Racers, but I started Spy Chameleon (another free game) and I am really bored with that game. That is one of those games that should have stopped at level 50...not 75

Well, it did only happen to me once, so maybe you're in the clear now. Lol.

Ugh, and I bought that.. Well, hopefully, I enjoy it more. Hard for me to resist any kind of stealth game.

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, it did only happen to me once, so maybe you're in the clear now. Lol.

Ugh, and I bought that.. Well, hopefully, I enjoy it more. Hard for me to resist any kind of stealth game.

Yeah, you might have seen my opinion about MSG in that other thread...I am not a huge fan of Stealth. 

The problem with Chameleon is it just gets very samey as the levels go up and the controls are not tight enough to make me want to keep playing it. The biggest problem I have is you have to run changing your colours so the cameras don't see you but I can't seem to figure out what micro-pixel you have to hit before you can change your colour safely as it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. That gets annoying when trying to do the time trials. 

I have to admit this game is not the most polished with crackling sound and frame drops especially when you use the boost button but I had a ton of fun playing it. The only things I didn't enjoy were the precision event on the farm and the challenge event in urban, those require precise boosting and jumping boosts which are god awful due to the frame rate drops when you happen to boost.

With the fun I had with the game I wasn't too bothered about the sound glitching out and it being buggy it just added to me enjoying it more as some of the stuff that happened.....I tried to jump over a rock and landed short, my truck was just flipping out in the rock and the rock eventually consumed me. Literally sucked into the rock. My sense of enjoyment probably came from the fact that I didn't pay for the game either and after playing it I am a bit gutted I passed up Monster Jam: Crush it on PS+ a few months back.

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed this little game.. Platted it today while listening to some music, just playing it casually. Wasn't the worst time I've spent playing a game, I've done worse (Toro..).
I always like giving games the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it really is an easy game. Didn't have any trouble at all. Most times I had to re-do a level was maybe 5/6 times. 

• Like 4