It is not worth it

Florian9600

On 10/7/2017 at 4:05 AM, PliskinCobra said:

I was referring to Truck Racer and Handball 2016 from the US lineup
Child of Light is cross buy for PS3 and PS4 but it's for EU only.

and I already have Child of Light btw, just haven't started the game yet ?

Sadly, I don't think the cross-buy statement is true, unless that was meant to apply to only EU as well. I bought it for PS3 and don't have access to the PS4 or Vita versions...

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Sadly, I don't think the cross-buy statement is true, unless that was meant to apply to only EU as well. I bought it for PS3 and don't have access to the PS4 or Vita versions...

The Vita version of Child of Light is not cross-buy in any region (it even has a separate "Complete Edition"), only EU regions have the PS3/PS4 option.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, lynx_1985 said:

I have to admit this game is not the most polished with crackling sound and frame drops especially when you use the boost button but I had a ton of fun playing it. The only things I didn't enjoy were the precision event on the farm and the challenge event in urban, those require precise boosting and jumping boosts which are god awful due to the frame rate drops when you happen to boost.

With the fun I had with the game I wasn't too bothered about the sound glitching out and it being buggy it just added to me enjoying it more as some of the stuff that happened.....I tried to jump over a rock and landed short, my truck was just flipping out in the rock and the rock eventually consumed me. Literally sucked into the rock. My sense of enjoyment probably came from the fact that I didn't pay for the game either and after playing it I am a bit gutted I passed up Monster Jam: Crush it on PS+ a few months back.

lol tell me about it... farm stunt was a total piss lol, took me like 20 mins to get it done. getting into that large warehouse and balancing between speed and jump force was really mostly luck .

On 17/10/2017 at 10:56 PM, Mr_Skirra said:

I actually enjoyed this little game.. Platted it today while listening to some music, just playing it casually. Wasn't the worst time I've spent playing a game, I've done worse (Toro..).
I always like giving games the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it really is an easy game. Didn't have any trouble at all. Most times I had to re-do a level was maybe 5/6 times. 

You enjoyed this?

I'm surprised anyone would. Mainly because it runs terribly. I was getting frame rate drops constantly sound cutting out too, well stopping and starting like if a CD was scratched. The controls seemed felt like there was a second guy in the car constantly tring to turn the steering wheel a different way to me.

I mean fair dues if you liked it, but did you like it or just tolerate it? I refused to platinum the game because I just couldnt even be bothered to do stuff like the jump events looked like that would've taken me an hour or two.

It was janky but not the worst game I have ever played, at least it mostly worked, if it was a 20 hour long game I might think differently but you can finish it in a couple of hours.

Worst game I have ever played is Doki Doki Universe on the Vita, it would crash about every 15-30 mins with crazy FPS drops all over the place. Not to mention it was boring as hell, give me Monster Jam anyday over that heap of trash!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

You enjoyed this?

I'm surprised anyone would. Mainly because it runs terribly. I was getting frame rate drops constantly sound cutting out too, well stopping and starting like if a CD was scratched. The controls seemed felt like there was a second guy in the car constantly tring to turn the steering wheel a different way to me.

I mean fair dues if you liked it, but did you like it or just tolerate it? I refused to platinum the game because I just couldnt even be bothered to do stuff like the jump events looked like that would've taken me an hour or two.

The jump events took me only a few times each. Not more than a handful. I haven't had a single sound cut and didn't really notice any framerate drops. 
I liked it as a little game in between other games. For me it was just a fun waste of time, without thinking too much about the trophies. I got all of them in a couple of hours except the front roll which I had to actively look for to get the trophy. 
I used expert mode. Someone recommended that to me and it felt like I was much more in control of the car. Without it, it does indeed feel like someone is jerking the steering wheel constantly. I would give it maybe a 5/10 as a game on itself. Entire game felt more like a minigame in a racegame to me. I just don't think it's terrible like most people here think. 

But yes, to each their own :)

• Like 2

On 6.10.2017 at 9:32 PM, Florian9600 said:

You can go to animal shelter and voluntarily feed some puppies.

If what he likes is 30 seconds of loading screen every time he enters or leaves a level, then sure, he will love it!

The game isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I've played for 2h today without any crashes and I already have 54%, so it's pretty simple. The only frustrating things are the occassional, cheap solutions to stop the player from speeding through the level, like wooden ramps turned into walls. You will almost certainly hit these the first time, but I guess that's the whole idea to make a strategy for every stage. You've completed it within 7,5h, so why are you complaining? >:) Did you write your comment because you felt guilty due to the easy plat? Well, you can tell others that the game isn't good (I agree, it's very weak), but never force them to not play it dude.

15 hours ago, Mr_Skirra said:

The jump events took me only a few times each. Not more than a handful. I haven't had a single sound cut and didn't really notice any framerate drops. 
I liked it as a little game in between other games. For me it was just a fun waste of time, without thinking too much about the trophies. I got all of them in a couple of hours except the front roll which I had to actively look for to get the trophy. 
I used expert mode. Someone recommended that to me and it felt like I was much more in control of the car. Without it, it does indeed feel like someone is jerking the steering wheel constantly. I would give it maybe a 5/10 as a game on itself. Entire game felt more like a minigame in a racegame to me. I just don't think it's terrible like most people here think. 

But yes, to each their own :)

Seems like you had a more pleasant experience, for me every loading screen the music was skipping like crazy. Even expert mode was doing the dodgy steering thing I tried it with it on and off to see if it made much of a difference. I'm sure I could've beaten the events if i tried, but i just really couldn't be bothered, after seeing there was the events you had to crush things, jump and do precision landings at the same time, I thought it would take too long. I'm sure this can be platted in under 5 hours though.

• 3 months later...

This game is pure shit. Made my Ps3 freeze 6 times and in 1 of them all the trophies i already won dissappear. And the 2 jump trophies glitched on my . I had to make those 2 trophies in a new profile and sync my account again. 

Whitetail challenge and this piece of shit are the worst games I ever tried 

• 3 months later...

As most people already said, this is a really really bad game.

Controls 2/10

Graphic 2/10 (could be better but the flickering drives me crazy)

Technique 1/10 (worst frame rate ever, longer loading screens than play time, freezes from time to time)

Trophies 7/10 (nothing hard if you upgraded your truck to the max)

If you got it for free and want a fast platinum, it's okay to go for it, but NEVER EVER spend 1 cent for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it in a sale for like 2 euro's and it's been worth it. This is an okay game. The truck's handling during the stadium stuff is predictable as long as you don't floor it in corners and only use small bursts of throttle when you are still going slow. (using expert mode). The skill races are pretty fun and very easy. The stunts seem to be a bit buggy but once you understand that using boost is only a good idea when your truck remains straight then you should be fine.

Sure it does have some problems. Some of the targets in the stunt levels are glitchy. The music starts to crackle and distort during the loading screens. Sometimes there is some lag, especially when you're doing stunts in freestyle in quick succession. I have experienced no framerate drops though. I have also fallen through the floor once or twice. But all in all I have enjoyed it so far. I have played much, much, much worse.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...