Whats your best game of all time?

Soufwar

A few minutes ago i finished playing JOURNEY and i was blown away how Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (PS1) was put to shame from being the best game i ever played and holding the position of my personal #1 game of all time for 11 years straight. JOURNEY to me is so great, that no word or adjective on the dictionary actually can describe how i feel about it, i am literally speechless and had to come here and ask other people about their best games of all time, the feelings that were evoked, the gameplay, the visuals, the music, the character, the story and meaning....i think that for the far future, nothing will come close to being as good as JOURNEY is to me, and i am so excited to discovering which game will actually top it and be better. 

I am a huge, huge fan of the Metal Gear series and I love all the games almost equally except for Metal Gear Solid 3. I think MGS3 is one of the best games ever. I don't think it'll ever lose my spot for number 1, but most of the games in my top 5 are games that I will probably cherish forever.

Edited by ManaFear

This is a really hard choice, but I were to be honest I'll my favourite for which I had 11 playthroughs on the PS2 version, and got 100% and the platinum in one playthrough on the Remaster as I know the back to front and would consider myself an expert. The sugary pop cultured and girly yet bitter apple in the FF series....

b0016565_2181536.jpg

I'm almost 100% sure no one will ever agree with me on this and am fully aware that FFX-2 is one of those games that you like but everyone ele hates. I shall post it anyway as it's my personal favourite despite the reviews and feedback, especially compared to it's predecesor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of all my favorite games, if I had to pick one which I would consider the best one I've ever played. It would have to be:

Dark Souls

Not only it was the first Souls game I've played, but I don't think I've ever played a game as rich with it's ambiguity as when I played Dark Souls for the first time.It kinda made me look at video games differently for the first time. Everything about it is just excellent: gameplay, music, atmosphere, art design, level design, character design, sound design, etc.

It's the kind of game that I can truly consider it as a masterpiece. Sure Bloodborne and Dark Souls III (even Demon's Souls which started it) are all great too, but none have come even close to how I felt after I finished Dark Souls for the first time.

Edited by Crzy Minus

Hm, I think the best game for me would be Kingdom Hearts II.
I came pretty late into video games, and I'm only actively playing video games for about two or three years but no game made me feel so many things at the same time. I loved the characters, I loved the story and the ending was one of the rare moments where a game managed to made me cry. I will never forget how I first played the game on my friend's PS2 and how I played it in one go without any stop. I had my problems with the final boss and it took me so long and so many tries, I didn't even realize that I played through the whole night. When I finished the credits scene, the sun was already rising and I fell into the bed completely tired out and crying about the ending... I played the game twice on PS2 and once on PS3 (although I never got the plat). I will play it again next week once I call the PS4 collection my own on Saturday and I'm sure I will cry again when I reach the ending.

But I must confess, Zelda: Skyward Sword is a pretty serious competitor, as I love everything about that game and have played it as many times as KH2...

Edited by Lagoon Aris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2017 at 6:26 AM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Bioshock. No other game even comes close to capturing the unique atmosphere in rapture. The multilayer in 2 has to be the funnest mp I've ever played too and I still have a blast now too. Loved infinite too, the dlc is mind blowing. 

I've done all 3 games 100% twice and would happily do them again. 

You know what’s up, lol! 

• Like 1