Arcade Mode

Just wondering if anybody else thinks that arcade mode is ridiculously difficult or is it just me? I'm stuck on race 2 (Silverstone) of the intermediate difficulty, I've completed the race approximately 25 times now and can't seem to finish any higher than 5th. My best race time for the 4 laps is 7:35 while 2nd place finished in 7:28, 7 seconds over 4 laps faster than my quickest time just seems impossible.

What kind of lap times were you all doing in this race and do you have any tips that could help bring my times down? I'm racing with the FXX and I've only managed to break the 1:50 mark a handful of times largely because I keep getting punted off the track by the AI when I slow down to take corners. The only "help" that I find online is "use the FXX, you'll win easily"...

Arcade mode is the last thing that I have to complete in the game, everything else I managed to finish with relative ease but this one race just seems impossible...

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The AI in this game is programmed horribly. They drive worse than many online players do in racing games. They block the hell out of you, push you off the track, ram you into the corners, it makes arcade mode unnecessarily frustrating. It markets itself as more of a simulator but yet the AI drives like it's an arcade racer. 

But I got through intermediate difficulty pretty easily so I suppose I have the 'easy version'. What a stupid thing to have certain versions of the game that are more difficult for no reason. Eutechnyx made this game so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that they'd find a way to mess it up. I've been scratching and clawing on getting the platinum for this game for a month now, doing the same races over and over again at the same tracks, I finally got through the never ending trophy races which take up the majority of your time now I just have arcade mode to finish up. I just want to be done with this game already. 

• 2 months later...

So after 5 years, 1 month and 2 weeks, I finally have this platinum!

Just to confirm the above by Baka_Marimo, not all versions of the game are the same. I originally struggled with Arcade Mode (see above) on the physical copy of a 2 game pack (Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge) with code BLES-01451, however I found myself a physical copy of the game with code BLES-00166 which was much easier.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have the original disc version, so technically the easy version, but for some reason, the Virginia Raceway on Expert gave me lots of trouble. Had to play it 4 or 5 times at least to get it, incredible. Managed legend on first try, but that one was a hassle.

I'm not sure what was the issue...it seems that if you are not around 8th or 9th at least end of 1st lap, 1st car tends to clear away from the rest and if not close enough after 2nd lap, seems he bugs and just makes the same laps as you, or it's just that track. Don't know what it was but was weird. Good thing is if you fail, you wait the 10 minutes to finish and it lets you retry the same track, no need to start from scratch (thank god). But can't quit, otherwise progress is lost, had to learn the hard way.

Not a bad game, wish you could change the camera though. AI super aggressive some times, preferring to take themselves out of the race if it meant you are going out as well, crazier than F1 lobbies 😅

• 2 months later...

The impression I had while playing this game, is that if the first car gets too far from the others (far enough to stop being rendered), it starts "teleporting" on the mini-map, like the game does not know where exactly the car is and is simply estimating a position. There will be a point when you have to restart the race and try again, since it is impossible to reach that car. This game is truly a mistery to me. I think of it as the "Demon's Souls" of racing games.